Tyler Moore walks out of practice...

FLU

Where the hell are the moderators?

Clean this garbage or change the thread title to Barney Cotton bitch fest so I can stop coming here looking for Tyler Moore information.

You shouldn't be coming here looking for Tyler Moore info. This is a forum. Use an actual news source. This is the 2nd time you've posted in this topic just to whine. Why would you expect us to have the inside scoop about him anyway? Follow Sean Callahan's twitter or something.

Where the hell are the moderators?

Clean this garbage or change the thread title to Barney Cotton bitch fest so I can stop coming here looking for Tyler Moore information.

So when TM come's back to the team, do you think they will punish him?

By the way a MOD just posted about BC.

Cotton is at best a pretty ho-hum coach who has been on the hot seat lately. I see no reason why he should be immune to criticism. At the university of Nebraska we can do much better than a guy who will come in here after a failed HC who nonetheless is one of the finer OL coaches in the nation, and trash his coaching practices just for the sake of it. Barney's "screw technique, just play hard" approach from the beginning has NEVER sat well with me, and our OL has had a pretty stunning lack of discipline in his tenure.

It should be no surprise at all that a large amount of outside help has been forced on Barney with his position.

We deserve better than that.

I see no reason why he should be immune to criticism.
Like this.
Baaaarney sucks...he really, really sucks.

It should be no surprise at all that a large amount of outside help has been forced on Barney with his position.

when did hiring a second OL coach become = large amount of outside help has been forced on Barney don't get it.

Some of you guys/gals wanting to fire Cotton should read this: http://en.wikipedia....i/Barney_Cotton

Here's a little excerpt:

In 1997, former Nebraska Cornhuskers player and New Mexico State Head Coach Tony Samuel hired Cotton to the same position he had held at St. Cloud State; Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach. Although championships eluded New Mexico State during Cotton's six years with the program, the production of his offensive players generated impressive statistics. New Mexico State ranked nationally in the top 25 in overall offense in 1998, 2000 and 2002, and was ranked nationally in the top 25 in rushing offense for all six years. In his final season, New Mexico State led the Sun Belt Conference in passing efficiency, rushing offense and total offense. Six New Mexico State linemen earned All-Sunbelt Conference Honors during Cotton's tenure.

The conjecture that he has no idea what he is doing is just that...pure conjecture and misinformation. He's a solid coach, a standup guy, and I think we'll be just fine with him where he is.

No one is saying he's got no idea what he's doing, and if they are, they're being dramatic or exaggerating. Barney Cotton has more offensive knowledge than most if not all of the people on this forum.

This, however, does not support the erratic efforts from our offensive linemen. As myself and others have suggested, the ineptitude of our o-line can be witnessed by handfuls of plays from last season's games. Blame this on lack of depth, injuries, new offense, etc., the most important bullet point still remains - Cotton's offensive lines have been average at best through four years. His unit's best performances have come against mediocre to way below average defenses, and his unit has been routinely out-played against stronger competition. I posted some of the stats above, and I believe they speak for themselves.

As I've been saying for a little while now, though, I'm not ready to throw the towel in on him just yet. However, there's absolutely no excuse for us not having one of the best offensive lines by the 2013, given the amount of depth and experience we will have coming back. But is one year enough redemption to cover up half a decade of wildly unexceptional ones?

• Fire 1

Two people are responsible for the hiring and continued employment of Coach Cotton. These two individuals, at least one are considered Gods among college football fans. The other according to most is working towards that level. If you have a problem with Coach Cotton I suggest you whine, scream, put page after page of drivel out. But like Me, truly have no idea if he is doing a good job or a bad job. You heard he was and like the lemmings some of you are you keep moving it forward.

But one person is responsible for the coaching staff selected, blame the responsible party for crying out loud.

I have no idea if he is good bad or ugly, he is supported by Bo and Coach Osborne, I still have the idea that they both know more than me, of course I am in the minority around here.

You take it wrong. You haven't been around long. I've been a "sunshine-pumper" for years. Facts are facts, though, and whether you like it or not, whether you disagree with the reality enough to think anyone who doesn't see it your way as "butthurt" :rolleyes: or not, the O Line (that's Barney Cotton's position, BTW) has underperformed. Not just in 2008, not just in 2009, not just in 2010, but in 2011 as well. Go watch the tape. It's right there.

Now, bshirt brings up some recruiting errors - this is a good point. We've had recruiting misfires at several positions, and O Line isn't immune to that. But I fail to see why Barney Cotton should be immune to criticism when his unit underperforms, when we have gripes about the secondary, linebackers, D Line, wide receivers and quarterback and those are OK.

At what point did Barney Cotton become sacred? When did it become verboten to critique his unit?

O Line is, after all, the foundation on which the entire team is built. It's kind of an important thing.

Umm...when NU decided to recruit every single one of his kids? :hmmph

and what are the kids doing that's pissing you off? they seam to be solid players. :dunno

Never mind didn't know I was responding to you. I already know your hatred for the family.

I'm sure a grammar lesson will follow. :hmmph

I never said his kids were pissing me off. I was responding to knapplc on why BC appears to be 'sacred'. Love Barney or not, it definitely makes things complicated (if not incredibly messy) if you want to fire a coach if three of his kids are current players, right? Surely you can agree to that Polarhusker?

And I don't 'hate' Barney or his family. But that doesn't mean I support his role as an NU coach either.

You take it wrong. You haven't been around long. I've been a "sunshine-pumper" for years. Facts are facts, though, and whether you like it or not, whether you disagree with the reality enough to think anyone who doesn't see it your way as "butthurt" :rolleyes: or not, the O Line (that's Barney Cotton's position, BTW) has underperformed. Not just in 2008, not just in 2009, not just in 2010, but in 2011 as well. Go watch the tape. It's right there.

Now, bshirt brings up some recruiting errors - this is a good point. We've had recruiting misfires at several positions, and O Line isn't immune to that. But I fail to see why Barney Cotton should be immune to criticism when his unit underperforms, when we have gripes about the secondary, linebackers, D Line, wide receivers and quarterback and those are OK.

At what point did Barney Cotton become sacred? When did it become verboten to critique his unit?

O Line is, after all, the foundation on which the entire team is built. It's kind of an important thing.

You know a thread is out of hand when Barney's junk comes into question!!! :ahhhhhhhh

• Fire 1

Polar, I hope you can grasp the difference between "he shouldn't be immune from criticism" and "all criticism of him is fair and reasonable."

Also, in addition to Garrison and Stai in a lesser role, Milt was brought in to fix things. We really reinforced that area on the staff as much as we could. If da skers is correct that Barney was on the hot seat last year and turned things around some to save his job, then it seems he's skating on fairly thin ice.

Foppa, I don't really think the kids thing is that messy. Anyway, Barney is probably too good of a guy to just get the fired treatment. Past coaches have been found spots at other schools, and in Barney's case, he could get moved to an administrative role instead within the Athletic Department. Some people are acting like every coach currently employed by the staff must be blameless, or they wouldn't be employed. I can understand that perspective, but it's a blindly positive one. We've made a number of staff moves in the past.

Regarding the tweet about Tyler Moore to USF, I don't know if I would call that a journalist "reporting" yet. He may have just been repeating some drivel he heard on the webs. All it was was a tweet and he didn't explain how strongly he felt about it. Just said "Looks like" TM to USF. Light on substance so far.

The situation was fluid as of Bo's last statement on it and I hope they are working, both sides, to explore the possibility of a return. Anything can be smoothed over. Just need a little willingness.

• Fire 2

Umm...when NU decided to recruit every single one of his kids? :hmmph

and what are the kids doing that's pissing you off? they seam to be solid players. :dunno

Never mind didn't know I was responding to you. I already know your hatred for the family.

I'm sure a grammar lesson will follow. :hmmph

I never said his kids were pissing me off. I was responding to knapplc on why BC appears to be 'sacred'. Love Barney or not, it definitely makes things complicated (if not incredibly messy) if you want to fire a coach if three of his kids are current players, right? Surely you can agree to that Polarhusker?

And I don't 'hate' Barney or his family. But that doesn't mean I support his role as an NU coach either.

I looked at it differently than what you where trying to across. thanks for clarifying.

no problem.

Figure I'll post something related to TM. http://www.voodoofiv...sferring-to-usf

A journalist who is reporting a transfer to USF.

The article is based on Coley's tweet, which he basically said is his opinion and not something he was reporting.

Good catch. I don't follow twitter at all, just saw that posted on reddit and figured I'd pass it forward.

For those wondering the tweets that follow are as follows:

"Folks, I didn't intend to state so emphatically that Tyler Moore is transferring to USF. I don't know if he is. Was having a convo with someone with some knowledge, and we were joshing about how college girlfriends always win out. Hence, the tweet. Had I known someone might write that I was reporting rather than tweeting, I would have been more clear. A fine line, I stepped on it. I will be more clear about when I am reporting and just tweeting."

https://twitter.com/JohnnyHometeam?tw_i=234431781464580098&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

Source

Polar, I hope you can grasp the difference between "he shouldn't be immune from criticism" and "all criticism of him is fair and reasonable."

Also, in addition to Garrison and Stai in a lesser role, Milt was brought in to fix things. We really reinforced that area on the staff as much as we could. If da skers is correct that Barney was on the hot seat last year and turned things around some to save his job, then it seems he's skating on fairly thin ice.

Foppa, I don't really think the kids thing is that messy. Anyway, Barney is probably too good of a guy to just get the fired treatment. Past coaches have been found spots at other schools, and in Barney's case, he could get moved to an administrative role instead within the Athletic Department. Some people are acting like every coach currently employed by the staff must be blameless, or they wouldn't be employed. I can understand that perspective, but it's a blindly positive one. We've made a number of staff moves in the past.

Regarding the tweet about Tyler Moore to USF, I don't know if I would call that a journalist "reporting" yet. He may have just been repeating some drivel he heard on the webs. All it was was a tweet and he didn't explain how strongly he felt about it. Just said "Looks like" TM to USF. Light on substance so far.

The situation was fluid as of Bo's last statement on it and I hope they are working, both sides, to explore the possibility of a return. Anything can be smoothed over. Just need a little willingness.

Yes, I do understand the difference. I have no problems when someone posts a criticism that's fair and reasonable, (and I do agree with them most of the time)but to many posters go beyond that line.

Myself I'm actually neutral to this subject and will let Bo take care of the problem as he sees fit.

Just don't care for the narrow minded bashing of a coach.

Yes, I know my view can be seen as narrow minded also. It goes both way's chuckleshuffle

I still look to see Cotton in a different role in the future. I personally hope it's after this year but it might be two away. Just guessing but I would assume it will time up with when Marrow is done with is time is up and he has to become a full time assistant or find a job elsewhere. If not then when Stai's situation is in a similar position. I believe the quote was "He's really just not even an average coach. Hes just not very good." I won't say who said it. It's not Bo but its from another coach who opinion I value and someone who I think Bo will take an opinion from when evaluating things.