SIGNED (2013) PG Tai Webster

My criticism isn't reserved for Tai exclusively. I'm on record killing Ray when he was shooting about 20% awhile back. I'm on record calling Terran a lazy defender and a sometimes selfish player who gets the worst fouls of any player I've ever seen. I'm on record early in the season saying Shavon isn't half the player he was last year. It's just my observations as I thought that is what this board was for. And I've said several times that our offensive game plans sometimes lacks imagination and fails to get everyone involved.

They are all kids, playing with several new players. Several have been playing through injuries and we all have bad days. There was not much here for Miles and we are in the dance. We start a Jr, 3 So. & Fresh. I am just saying we are very young, with potential. We just depth and time to jell. I am disappoint in Ray, but I have confidence he will step up. Tai is young and we have no one else and Miles likes the Benny spark of the bench. I am just saying lets be positive, not negative.

I hope you're right. I guess my biggest issue is that I didn't see any improvement over the season. I saw regression. If anyone can get him right it would be Miles and this staff as I have a lot of confidence in them. Who knows, he could have a great game against Baylor and that could set him off.

Sometimes those things are very hard to change during the season. A good off season can do wonders. Let's hope that's the case here.

I'm sorry but Tai was the worst starting PG maybe in the nation this year (for sure the big 6 conferences).

30% FG

17% 3P

61% FT

3.9 PPG

Okay, so we now know he cannot score the basketball. So maybe he is a good distributor?

2 asst/game

1.8 turnovers/game

I hope he gets better because this year wasn't good at all. Those are just the facts. Bring in Tarin Smith

I am curious how many making commit on this subject ever played a college sport. You may think you are good coming out of HS, but that first year or two in college is a different ball game. Everyone else is older, bigger, stronger & faster. Now throw in that some of these kids are far away from family. Very few freshman players make a large contribution. Due to our lack of depth, we had to play him. I have been there and understand. This is why I will continue to defend this kid.

Tai had a lot of hype coming in and it will take time for him to become the guy I think he will end up being.

Petteway and Pitchford had a few years under their belt and a whole year of practice... Give Tai a year to grow and learn the pace of the game and he will be fine.

Hype that was by Husker fans. Most of the recruiting sites never even had him rated.

They didnt rate him because he was international and mostly an unknown. Multiple guys in the recruiting know said he would be a top 50 ranked player if he played in USA.

Tai had a lot of hype coming in and it will take time for him to become the guy I think he will end up being.

Petteway and Pitchford had a few years under their belt and a whole year of practice... Give Tai a year to grow and learn the pace of the game and he will be fine.

Hype that was by Husker fans. Most of the recruiting sites never even had him rated.

They didnt rate him because he was international and mostly an unknown. Multiple guys in the recruiting know said he would be a top 50 ranked player if he played in USA.

I remember one saying that, but we all know the international game is not as fast as the US game. Regardless, its about building depth. Having playing time for freshman without relying on them heavily.

I remember one saying that, but we all know the international game is not as fast as the US game. Regardless, its about building depth. Having playing time for freshman without relying on them heavily.

The expectations for Tai were probably unfair. But like you said earlier, i am not ready to give up on him. Just need to take a deep breath and understand he is young... he has to improve but i believe he will.