Pre-Season injuries

Mo Seisay is the only (projected) starter I can think of that has been injured. I believe he had a minor ankle injury but should be fine if he isn't already. Bo is pretty tight-lipped about injuries. Probably just normal wear and tear for other guys.

Not sure who you get your info from but Seisay hasn't ever bee projected as a starter by anyone other than us fans. He's been behind Bell since he got here and SBJ has played well too. I'm not saying he won't eventually start but until the last week to 10 days he's ran with the 2's and 3's as much or if not more than he did at the ones. Bell has taken the most reps with the ones all year as anyone.

Corey Whitaker is out, Taariq Allen got knicked up the other day in practice. I think those are the only injuries that have occurred this fall.

We've got some of the D line banged up right now. Peat was expected to push for major time and has been slow to recover from a back issue. He's still feeling it and was out of shape from summer recovery and left off the 105 in early camp. Randle is also expected to be a big contributor there and has been slowed by his knee. He's fallen behind where he needed to be big time. That's going to force us to use Peat more than what we want or use some freshman who while they are getting some praise are still freshmen.

We had a couple guys miss some time in the scrimmage Saturday and play limited reps but I don't think its anything that would keep them out. Sounded like normal bumps and bruises.

I would bet my left nut that Todd Peat doesn't see one down of meaningful playing time this year. The DT position has a lot of depth: Steinkuhler, Rome, Randle, Valentine, Guy. SOunds like those are probably the top 5 and then Curry and Kevin Williams are getting a few mentions. Then at DE we are pretty locked up too. Meredith, Ankrah, Martin, Carter, and Avery Moss, Donovan Vestal and Greg McMullen are getting a lot of recognition as well.

Williams and Guy are both a little disappointing right now. They have a chance to play their way up and not really doing much. I was told Sunday by a coach to expect a hurt Peat to play before those guys unless they get their sh#t together. (Thats assuming Peat did what was asked of him the last two weeks.) Right now Valentine and Curry call help some but they aren't in the kind of shape they need to be to play a ton of snaps each game. They probably need to redshirt Curry but right now we're too thin. Maybe we'll just run with the 3-4 all year and solve our depth issues.

Mo Seisay is the only (projected) starter I can think of that has been injured. I believe he had a minor ankle injury but should be fine if he isn't already. Bo is pretty tight-lipped about injuries. Probably just normal wear and tear for other guys.

Not sure who you get your info from but Seisay hasn't ever bee projected as a starter by anyone other than us fans. He's been behind Bell since he got here and SBJ has played well too. I'm not saying he won't eventually start but until the last week to 10 days he's ran with the 2's and 3's as much or if not more than he did at the ones. Bell has taken the most reps with the ones all year as anyone.

Well I guess its obvious I get my info from here then isn't it? He will play some whether he starts or not so that is why I mentioned him.

Well I guess its obvious I get my info from here then isn't it? He will play some whether he starts or not so that is why I mentioned him.

I just read a article last week where the coaches said after his injury he was with the second team, but could be moved up any day to get back with the first team.

Knock on wood.....

It is nice to have a fall camp where we haven't lost one of our major starting players or one that was going to be a major part of the team.

Whiticker hurts as it takes him out of a year of developing but he wasn't projected to play much if any this year.

If somebody gets hurt, I'm blaming you.

I just read a article last week where the coaches said after his injury he was with the second team, but could be moved up any day to get back with the first team.

If you read that it was a misrepresentation of things. At no time has he held the #1 spot. I wonder if it referred to him getting reps with the number 1's like I had stated all 3 guys were doing.

Corey Whitaker is out, Taariq Allen got knicked up the other day in practice. I think those are the only injuries that have occurred this fall.

We've got some of the D line banged up right now. Peat was expected to push for major time and has been slow to recover from a back issue. He's still feeling it and was out of shape from summer recovery and left off the 105 in early camp. Randle is also expected to be a big contributor there and has been slowed by his knee. He's fallen behind where he needed to be big time. That's going to force us to use Peat more than what we want or use some freshman who while they are getting some praise are still freshmen.

We had a couple guys miss some time in the scrimmage Saturday and play limited reps but I don't think its anything that would keep them out. Sounded like normal bumps and bruises.

I would bet my left nut that Todd Peat doesn't see one down of meaningful playing time this year. The DT position has a lot of depth: Steinkuhler, Rome, Randle, Valentine, Guy. SOunds like those are probably the top 5 and then Curry and Kevin Williams are getting a few mentions. Then at DE we are pretty locked up too. Meredith, Ankrah, Martin, Carter, and Avery Moss, Donovan Vestal and Greg McMullen are getting a lot of recognition as well.

Williams and Guy are both a little disappointing right now. They have a chance to play their way up and not really doing much. I was told Sunday by a coach to expect a hurt Peat to play before those guys unless they get their sh#t together. (Thats assuming Peat did what was asked of him the last two weeks.) Right now Valentine and Curry call help some but they aren't in the kind of shape they need to be to play a ton of snaps each game. They probably need to redshirt Curry but right now we're too thin. Maybe we'll just run with the 3-4 all year and solve our depth issues.

Yeah, because our roster is just filled with all kinds of LBs :sarcasm

If you read that it was a misrepresentation of things. At no time has he held the #1 spot. I wonder if it referred to him getting reps with the number 1's like I had stated all 3 guys were doing.

I tend to agree that this "Seisay at #1" is a message-board-driven thing. We tend to overreact with big transfers like this.

If anything, I expect a Dejon Gomes-like transition for Seisay. He'll take some time to get up to speed, then if he earns it, he'll see more time.

Man, I really miss Gomes. And Hagg. And Asante. And Amukamara. And O'Hanlon. And Dennard. We've had some damned good guys in the secondary in the past few years.

Knock on wood.....

It is nice to have a fall camp where we haven't lost one of our major starting players or one that was going to be a major part of the team.

Whiticker hurts as it takes him out of a year of developing but he wasn't projected to play much if any this year.

If somebody gets hurt, I'm blaming you.

Sorry....but, I was just thinking the other day that we haven't had any major injuries to the two deep yet. It has been many years it seems since that has happened.

Yeah, because our roster is just filled with all kinds of LBs :sarcasm

We can move a DB up and fake it.

Actually one of our rush ends moves back in that formation so it wouldn't really help us anyway.

Man, I really miss Gomes. And Hagg. And Asante. And Amukamara. And O'Hanlon. And Dennard. We've had some damned good guys in the secondary in the past few years.

And yet our fans expect the same production every year, we were due for a down year on defense until we start recruiting like Bama and LSU, if we ever do. We just cant recruit well enough right now to replace 7 NFL draft picks like we did after 2010 and expect to have a great recruits step right up. Alot of it was the coaches fault for not getting guys experience behind Prince and Dennard, and some was misses on recruits. Then we have one down year and everyone jumps on Bos schemes. We will be damn good on D this season, and as good as our D will be this year, i think it will be even better in 2013.

And yet our fans expect the same production every year, we were due for a down year on defense until we start recruiting like Bama and LSU, if we ever do. We just cant recruit well enough right now to replace 7 NFL draft picks like we did after 2010 and expect to have a great recruits step right up. Alot of it was the coaches fault for not getting guys experience behind Prince and Dennard, and some was misses on recruits. Then we have one down year and everyone jumps on Bos schemes. We will be damn good on D this season, and as good as our D will be this year, i think it will be even better in 2013.

i loved watching gomes. i really have nothing to add to this conversation (i have not really been reading it).