Things about things

Legends Division preview was tonight. Dinardo said they wouldnt be surprised if Tommy was the number 2, and they only saw him in week one. Showed some film, they guy has a cannon, they said he can flat out run, and hes is going to be a great option QB for us, called him a future star.

Said no question our defense is going to be alot better

Also thought we had the best overall roster in the big 10.

They said we need to stop worrying about Tmarts passing because we are 19-0 when we run for 180 or more yards. Said we could be in trouble if we try and push the issue passing too much, which i agree with. I think all the passing talk is a gimmick, we are stacked at RB, we may try and be more balanced, but once Tmagic throws a few ints well keep er on the ground and pound em with our big guys.

Both picked MSU to win the division, not sure why when they constantly said that they have big questions on offense. Said they are only returning 21% of the offense production from last season, and they were 11th in the confrence in rushing last year.

• Fire 1

Legends Division preview was tonight. Dinardo said they wouldnt be surprised if Tommy was the number 2, and they only saw him in week one. Showed some film, they guy has a cannon, they said he can flat out run, and hes is going to be a great option QB for us, called him a future star.

They said we need to stop worrying about Tmarts passing because we are 19-0 when we run for 180 or more yards. Said we could be in trouble if we try and push the issue passing too much, which i agree with. I think all the passing talk is a gimmick, we are stacked at RB, we may try and be more balanced, but once Tmagic throws a few ints well keep er on the ground and pound em with our big guys.

Both picked MSU to win the division, not sure why when they constantly said that they have big questions on offense. Said they are only returning 21% of the offense production from last season, and they were 11th in the confrence in rushing last year.

WTH is going on with everyone picking Mich St. to take the Legends!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :dunno

tumblr_m8cczkh7oN1qhk1j2o1_400.gif

WTH is going on with everyone picking Mich St. to take the Legends!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :dunno

tumblr_m8cczkh7oN1qhk1j2o1_400.gif

Well our '09 team nearly won the Big XII with a horrible offense, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Will their D be as good as the '09 D? That remains to be seen. I just hope that any player reading this take personal stake in the doubters and lack of recognition.

Since it fits in with the name of the thread:

I predict that Abdullah ends the season as the #3 running back.

I don't know who the #2 is yet.

But Abdullah will never be the featured back at Nebraska.

I could not disagree more. I think Abdullah is an explosive back with an incredibly bright future.

He's an explosive kick returner, who goes down almost immediately upon contact.

Because every freshman should be able to run over people when they weigh 180lbs.

Now that is funny. ;)

And he's right. Martinez is one man, and although he plays the most important offensive position, I strongly believe this year's success will come down to line play on both sides of the ball. We return all our prominent receivers from last year sans Kinnie, we're stacked at running back, and despite Martinez' passing deficiencies, he's good enough to win us a B1G title.

I pointed out in another thread a couple of days ago the stats between Martinez and Frazier. Martinez has thrown for more yards each season, has a higher completion percentage, and only slightly trails Frazier in average YPC, yet people won't hesitate to say who the better quarterback is/was - Frazier. And I think the biggest reason for this is the offensive lines they worked behind.

And he's right. Martinez is one man, and although he plays the most important offensive position, I strongly believe this year's success will come down to line play on both sides of the ball. We return all our prominent receivers from last year sans Kinnie, we're stacked at running back, and despite Martinez' passing deficiencies, he's good enough to win us a B1G title.

I pointed out in another thread a couple of days ago the stats between Martinez and Frazier. Martinez has thrown for more yards each season, has a higher completion percentage, and only slightly trails Frazier in average YPC, yet people won't hesitate to say who the better quarterback is/was - Frazier. And I think the biggest reason for this is the offensive lines they worked behind.

And the offense they ran.

And the offense they ran.

I don't think that matters very much. The offense at the time was powerful and Osborne had it mastered, but look at Alabama and how they've won their last couple of championships - great defense, great offensive line, good running backs, mediocre quarterback play.

If Nebraska's offensive and defensive lines play better than they did last year, I could easily see us as a 10-3 and maybe even an 11-2 team. If our lines struggle, specifically, our offensive line, 9-4 is more likely.

Sounds like Arod/Sirles are still weak links on the line and struggling a bit. Most of the rest of the guys are playing pretty good ball. Heard is banged up an probably wont see much action if any at all. Pensick is now #2 at Center and both Guard spots.

Just this week or for the season?

Maybe both. It was recommended he consider a redshirt. I don't know much more right now but sounds like its something that will bother him all season if he does play he won't be 100% this year.

Sounds like Arod/Sirles are still weak links on the line and struggling a bit. Most of the rest of the guys are playing pretty good ball. Heard is banged up an probably wont see much action if any at all. Pensick is now #2 at Center and both Guard spots.

Hhhhmmmm RT should be a place to people to focus on. Is it pass blocking or run blocking they struggle with, or both do you know? Good thing Spencer is on that side then.

Hhhhmmmm RT should be a place to people to focus on. Is it pass blocking or run blocking they struggle with, or both do you know? Good thing Spencer is on that side then.

Arod sucks at run blocking and Sirles sucks at pass blocking.

Arod sucks at run blocking and Sirles sucks at pass blocking.

Well that is a pickle. I think it is better to have a good run blocker next to Long, who is really good. That way you have a strength there in the run, and this is a run first team. I think the issues of poor pass blocking is mitigated a bit since it isn't Taylor's blind side.