TRUE or FALSE: Taylor Martinez will have a 60% or better completion rate this season.

I don't think people complaining about dropped passes are complaining about the ones the receivers laid out for or had to completely turn around for, and why was the Jamal Turner quote brought up? He said what he said after he missed on a well-thrown easy touchdown pass.

We had at least a dozen throws that were close enough to perfect that were dropped last year. At least 2/3 of those were by Kinnie. They were not throws that required him to be an acrobat.

False...

Find it pretty hilarious that people frequently blame the WR's. A good majority of receievers would tell you it's pretty hard not to drop a ball when it rarely hits you in the numbers or if it's thrown slightly too early.

Doesn't the ball have to be somewhat catch-able, for it to be dropped?

Find it pretty hilarious that people frequently blame the WR's. A good majority of receievers would tell you it's pretty hard not to drop a ball when it rarely hits you in the numbers or if it's thrown slightly too early. Not to say they didn't have drops, which they did, but Martinez played a huge part in that as well. You missed the biggest possible reason for the increase in percentage: improved footwork, which improves timing, and also improves mechanics. So better mechanics and better timing more than anything will increase his completion percentage.

I find it pretty hilarious that you think a ball has to hit a receiver in the chest for him to catch it. The rule has always been "If you get two hands on it, there is no excuse for dropping it". Do you think that every pass hits Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald in the numbers? Those guys still make the catch, don't they? Both parties are equally responsible. You can't demand near perfection from a quarterback, and then justify receiver mediocrity on the same hand...

But I do agree that any increase in his comp % won't be because of a lack of drops. More than anything, I'd say that being in Beck's system for another year will be the difference.

I don't know, I've never regarded comp % as that meaningful of a stat...Nick Foles completed 70% last year at Arizona, and look how well his team did. I'd rather see Nebraska utilize more mid/range downfield throws and have a lower percentage than incessantly throw dump offs and have a good percentage.

So if I launch the ball as hard as I can (what Taylor does - according to our WR corps last year) at your feet, and you make an effort to catch it, and it hits both of your hands, it's your fault for dropping a laser that is 3 feet too low? C'mon.

Oregon - I can understand your arguement but there were so many passes that were in the chest area that were dropped at a much higher percentage than most other teams that play division 1 football. I honestly think that if the receivers catch those balls this year and everything is the same as last year, Taylor hits 60%. With that said I will also say if the same balls are dropped this year but Taylor's footwook is improved that it also would be 60%. What I hope is that both are improved and he completes 65%+. GBR

It's hard to catch a ball when it rarely hits you in the numbers or is timed improperly. - FACT .

:facepalm:

People really need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.

Er, the thing you quoted IS a fact. Most of the rest of the stuff he said (that Martinez nearly always times it improperly or doesn't throw it on the numbers) was not.