Dirky Dirk Chimes In........

8– The Huskers will start 5-0 and be in the nation’s top 10 when they visit Ohio State. (I’m not buying UCLA as a serious threat. And Danny O’Brien isn’t Russell Wilson.)

9– NU will lose three of its next four games: Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State. Yes, Nebraska will be out of the Legends race by Election Day.

10– The Huskers will salvage the season by winning their last three games.

Yeah, pretty good read. I'm hoping we take two of those first four B1G games. Well, I'm hoping we win all four. I'm guessing we'll win two.

Stuttering has to be one of the worst afflictions known, among conditions that don't affect your health.

My dad was a serious stutterer. He beat it with help from the National Stuttering Foundation. Yes, there is such a thing. And it worked. He worked with audio tapes back in the 80's and 90's. He used to be unable to hold a conversation, even with his family, without serious problems.

Now he can speak in public and regularly riles up the local city council with his grandstanding.

I haven't heard Shatel speak, since I am out of state, but it sounds like he has the same problem. I read his articles, though. Often disagree with him, but they are easy to read, at least.

good read, much better than a Tom Shatel audio prediction...

"Wh wh wh wh when Neh neh neh Nebraska takes the field in the for the T t t t t two thousand Twelve s s s season..."

Not trying to pick on the guy, but its hard to watch him when he is on Big Red Wrap Up. I do like reading his sports articles in the OWH though.

What prompted you to even bring up the stuttering? My wife is a Speech-Language Pathologist and works with kiddos and adults who struggle mightily to overcome the social stigma against those who stutter. Ultimately, Shatel should be applauded for his courage to conduct an audio newscast knowing people are listening and making judgements (e.g., your aforementioned comments) anonymously on a sports thread.

• Fire 4

"Wh wh wh wh when Neh neh neh Nebraska takes the field in the for the T t t t t two thousand Twelve s s s season..."

Not trying to pick on the guy, but its hard to watch him when he is on Big Red Wrap Up. I do like reading his sports articles in the OWH though.

What prompted you to even bring up the stuttering? My wife is a Speech-Language Pathologist and works with kiddos and adults who struggle mightily to overcome the social stigma against those who stutter. Ultimately, Shatel should be applauded for his courage to conduct an audio newscast knowing people are listening and making judgements (e.g., your aforementioned comments) anonymously on a sports thread.

I do like most of Shatel's articles.

HaHa, mine too. That term for kids must be universal in the SLP profession.

Are you sure you are not trying to pick on him???

• Fire 1