What ONE THING will you be watching for tomorrow?

tschu

I will be watching the defensive line

Yeah, both D-line and O-line. Especially our O-line. They'll have a bit of a tussle. South'n Miss has a pretty good D-line.

I also like to watch our LBs. I'll be keying on Will Compton. He should be in the action on most plays.

I have actually heard that their front seven could be the weakest part of their team. Just what I have heard...

I'll be watching Jamal Turner. I wanna see him flying around even without the ball.

The one thing I've been harping about all off-season: The Offensive line. Have we fixed our fundamental blocking errors? Do we fire off the ball with aggression? Do we maintain blocks throughout the play? Do we know who our man is?

If this unit is fixed, I'll be a happy camper.

i would like to be able to focus on that, but i just have no confidence that it will be improved. i have no expectations for that unit.

The one thing I've been harping about all off-season: The Offensive line. Have we fixed our fundamental blocking errors? Do we fire off the ball with aggression? Do we maintain blocks throughout the play? Do we know who our man is?

they played great at times last year (and years past) though - so i'll still be skeptical until about 9 games into the season. honestly it'll be my "one thing" to watch for most of the season, because I can see them having 6 great games and just dominate Wisconsin...then go flat the rest of the season and we're having the same dang conversation this time next year.

they played great at times last year (and years past) though - so i'll still be skeptical until about 9 games into the season. honestly it'll be my "one thing" to watch for most of the season, because I can see them having 6 great games and just dominate Wisconsin...then go flat the rest of the season and we're having the same dang conversation this time next year.

Exactly. It's a wonder I have any hair left. I've pulled out chunks over line play the last couple of years.

I'll be watching the same, tschu. I'd say the fact that we're talking about playing two true freshmen on the line tells us quite a bit about that position.

I think it says more about those freshmen, they are some BIG boys.

I like your way of looking at it better than mine ;)

I wanna see something that makes a statement to the whole country. I'm a huge Bo Backer, but this is one thing that has lacked. No, we dont have to open up the playbooks, but I want to see overall determination and readiness to play to the point that we come, punch'em in the face right off the bat and never look back. Something that makes people all over the Big 10 and country say "holy sh#t, did you see Nebraska? That's a different team than last year" It's hard to put into words. But you know what I mean.

1) I'll be watching Cody Green run for his life at Jack Trice Stadium as the Iowa State Cyclone defense shows him the difference a couple of years and a new team can make.

2) I'll be watching UNI upset Wisconsin in Madison, throwing the Big 10 standings into a complete bruhaha

3) I'll be watching Iowa fans begin to eat their own after their loss in Chicago to Northern Illinois

After all that, I might watch some highlights of the Huskers beating the crap out of some non-entity and see how high the stats can be padded in the first four games before entering conference play.

1) I'll be watching Cody Green run for his life at Jack Trice Stadium as the Iowa State Cyclone defense shows him the difference a couple of years and a new team can make.

2) I'll be watching UNI upset Wisconsin in Madison, throwing the Big 10 standings into a complete bruhaha

3) I'll be watching Iowa fans begin to eat their own after their loss in Chicago to Northern Illinois

After all that, I might watch some highlights of the Huskers beating the crap out of some non-entity and see how high the stats can be padded in the first four games before entering conference play.

That, actually, would have zero bearing on the Big 10 standings. Other than that, good post.