injuries

We're fine without Cotton - Long and Reed are good. We're fine without Marlowe - he's like 5th on the depth chart anyways.

Rex - this goes without saying but we need the guy. I don't need to tell you guys about how his running skills are important, but also from a depth standpoint - we need our starting RB to be there to shoulder the load. Ameer would do fine filling in, but there's nobody behind Ameer to fill in some backup role voids.

Heard? Still think he wil end up being the better back by the time they both graduate. Cross looks promising as well, not saying we dont need Rex, if this was 2011 i would go ahead and throw in the towel without Rex, this year we can manage without him, but of course we are a better team with Rex.

While I'm extremely pleased with our offensive performance against Southern Miss, I'm also very guarded because of our inconsistency in the past. I wouldn't say we can manage without him just yet. Still a huge loss right now and I know you know that. Not really worried until we get to the Wisconsin game and we start conference play. We SHOULD beat all of our opponents up until then.

I agree, i just have a feeling Rex is done. If it wasnt for the rumor last night, i wouldnt feel this way, it cant just be a coincidence. As im watching the BTN final show Rex was jumping up and down after his TD so maybe it was a fluke thing and the rumor was just a rumor. I just wouldnt be surprised if this nags him all year (which is what the rumor said would happen)

Then we medical redshirt Rex... but I'm sure Rex is fine.

We're fine without Cotton - Long and Reed are good. We're fine without Marlowe - he's like 5th on the depth chart anyways.

Rex - this goes without saying but we need the guy. I don't need to tell you guys about how his running skills are important, but also from a depth standpoint - we need our starting RB to be there to shoulder the load. Ameer would do fine filling in, but there's nobody behind Ameer to fill in some backup role voids.

Neither Long nor Reed blocks nearly as well as Cotton. He makes a difference.

Heard? Still think he wil end up being the better back by the time they both graduate. Cross looks promising as well, not saying we dont need Rex, if this was 2011 i would go ahead and throw in the towel without Rex, this year we can manage without him, but of course we are a better team with Rex.

While I'm extremely pleased with our offensive performance against Southern Miss, I'm also very guarded because of our inconsistency in the past. I wouldn't say we can manage without him just yet. Still a huge loss right now and I know you know that. Not really worried until we get to the Wisconsin game and we start conference play. We SHOULD beat all of our opponents up until then.

I agree, i just have a feeling Rex is done. If it wasnt for the rumor last night, i wouldnt feel this way, it cant just be a coincidence. As im watching the BTN final show Rex was jumping up and down after his TD so maybe it was a fluke thing and the rumor was just a rumor. I just wouldnt be surprised if this nags him all year (which is what the rumor said would happen)

Exactly, but I wonder if he'd come back? Obviously the schedule sets up better next year for a real run and a national title, but if you win every game with this schedule you deserve a shot! I don't think it's serious enough that he'll be gone all season, but it could be a nagging injury similiar to Taylor's high ankle sprain that just hangs around and won't go away.

yep, exactly what i said about 5 posts up

Message board rumors. :facepalm:

It's pretty obvious Rex took a pretty decent blow to his knee on the run the hurt him. Please, dont be like the drunk, de-hydrated college kids in the bathroom today who were trying to fill their water bottles up at the hand wash island when I told them "you guys know thats recirculated water from the urinals dont you?" I think4 or so left immediately and one asks "you serious" I says "sure, it's a common thing" He says "how do you know?" I just chuckle and walk out. Take things with a grain of salt, especially on message boards. A "pay" site adds ZERO credibility. Rex was walking around fine with an ice pack. I think it was precautionary more than anything.

Ben Cotton being injured hurts the most imo. We have no TE's other than Reed that are ready. Marlowe and burkhead we have depth to pick up the slack.

One of our unready TEs scored a TD and had at least one other reception.

People don't realize how important cotton is to the running game. Yes Jake Long filled in well today but we need a healthy Cotton this year.

100% agree. You bet, when the going gets tough we really, really, really need Cotton out there. T. Reed is a great passing threat but he's not going to block anybody (at all).

Ben Cotton being injured hurts the most imo. We have no TE's other than Reed that are ready. Marlowe and burkhead we have depth to pick up the slack.

One of our unready TEs scored a TD and had at least one other reception.

People don't realize how important cotton is to the running game. Yes Jake Long filled in well today but we need a healthy Cotton this year.

100% agree. You bet, when the going gets tough we really, really, really need Cotton out there. T. Reed is a great passing threat but he's not going to block anybody (at all).

Agreed and we seen that last year with Cotton and Reed.

Bo learned how to do injury reports from the black knight in Monty Python...honestly I wouldn't be surprised if someone showed up with an amputated leg on the sideline and it was a day to day thing.

Sipple: Hey Bo Rex's leg came off.

Bo: No it didn't

SIp: It's laying right there!

Bo: I don't know anything about that. I'm worried about the process.

Sip: You don't know anything about the dismembered leg Choi is now air guitaring with?

Bo: Ah, Rex had a sprain, it will be a day to day deal.

Sip: He sprained his leg off?

Bo: A little rest and ice, we'll see how he feels come Saturday, Rex is a tough kid

Sip: He's going into shock Bo

Bo: He'll be OK, rub some dirt on it.

Sip: It's fieldturf, all we have is granulated tire

Bo: Well when in Rome

Sip: What does that even mean?

Bo: that means sprains happen, rub some granulated rubber on it, next guy up

Sip: Sprains that are actually bloody stumps happen?

Bo: Ya, sprains happen, could be week to week

Sip: :confucius

• Fire 1

Bo learned how to do injury reports from the black knight in Monty Python...honestly I wouldn't be surprised if someone showed up with an amputated leg on the sideline and it was a day to day thing.

Very funny .................. Its just a flesh wound

As Rex's leg lays on ground..... " I've had worse"....