Buying in to our Big 10 Identity

I will agree that I am more intune with the B1G. Hell I am watching the rerun of Northwestern now. I never watched any Big 12 games unless at a friends house while they are watching OU.

Oh, and down with Iowa. Their state literally has a funky smell.

Benefits for NU

Better Hockey (if they ever get it)

I think our volleyball and wrestiling are better?

Not getting this one. Are you saying NU is better or Yours is better? With NU always getting the Volleyball championship, I am hoping your saying NU is better.

But as my Iowa friends would tell me "Dude you played against Southern Mississippi."

True, but if you take the Boise State stance when they go undefeated in a crap conference and brag about it, S. Miss was 12-0 last year, so we can boast about that. lol

I will agree that I am more intune with the B1G. Hell I am watching the rerun of Northwestern now. I never watched any Big 12 games unless at a friends house while they are watching OU.

Oh, and down with Iowa. Their state literally has a funky smell.

Benefits for NU

Better Hockey (if they ever get it)

I think our volleyball and wrestiling are better?

Not getting this one. Are you saying NU is better or Yours is better? With NU always getting the Volleyball championship, I am hoping your saying NU is better.

I mean Big Ten Volleyball is better than Big Twelve. Is it? I honestly have no idea. I thought Penn State was good.

The move from the Big XII to the BIG was great for both NU and the most revered oldest conference. I think the benefits go both ways. NU has been a positive influence ..... think the PSU - NU game last year. Extremely emotional and I can't think of another confrontation that would have been as classy and as moving to heal to PSU. That prayer ceremony in the middle of the field would have been phony with just about any other school, but not with NU. I'm was as proud to be a Husker as if we had won a National Championship!

Probably the biggest bonus I see to the Big 10 over the 12 dwarfs is the commissioner looking out for all 12 teams. When the Big 12 started it always seemed that Beebe was eating at the Texas training table and got his marching orders at breakfast. So far I'm not seeing that here.

That's a great way of putting it. Very well said.

But as my Iowa friends would tell me "Dude you played against Southern Mississippi."

You're joking, right? 1) -3 for having friends in Iowa that aren't Husker fans 2) "Dude...you had to come from behind to beat N. Illinois at the end of the game." Nothing more to say? :dunno

I find myself pulling for the Big 12 teams, the Big 8 specifically. I never liked the Big 10 teams and felt it was usually overrated. Now, even with us in it, I believe it to be weaker then the other major conferences ($EC, Big 12 and PAC 12), least this year.

I agree that we fit in the conference, just can't root for the other tram. Also not a fan of the commish's view on playoffs and I have never liked the Rose Bowl.

Hope that things get better in this conference and I think the B1G gets better over the next couple of years.