***Polls are out**

HuskerThor

I never watched UM vs. BAMA game but apparently Wolverines was BAD BAD performance from the beginning to the end. The hint was Sagarin ratings ........... #25 before this game.

The only bummer, BIG vs SEC. Happy and sad at the same time.

BTW, Sagarin said Huskers is #15, UCLA is #53. On the predictor column, Huskers is favored by 7 points including home advantage (Bruins)

I like a steady climb up the polls, building reputation along the way.

If we play as well as I think is possible, we are easily Top 10 by the end, when it counts. SEC looks great, with 5 in the top 10, but it will be a bloodbath later in the season as conference play begins. Their CCG could be disastrous, as well, and give a good screwjob to the BCS rankings, I think.

I see hope for a BCS bowl this year. I expected a good shot at next year's BCS lineup, but I am drinking the Kool Aid and think we might make it both years.

Also grateful that Boise lost its bowl game to MSU. Shouldn't be any screaming from TaterLand for the rest of the year now.

Looking ahead to college gameday for the Wisconsin games our competitors will be:

Tennessee vs Georgia

Texas vs. Oklahoma State- Not if OU beats Texas

Michigan State vs. Ohio State.

I think MSU vs. OSU will be our main competition...They should both be undefeated as should we and Wisconsin...however i think we the whole alternate jerseys and hype for revenge on our game, and the fact that we are already locked in on abc primetime i think we have a good chance...

There is no way we beat out MSU and OSu for gameday, ESPN has a serious crush on Urban Meyer and msu.

Ah, but here's the kicker, do you think they'd schedule two Big Ten games in prime time?

However, this could be an instance where we have Kirk and Brent, but College GameDay is in East Lansing. Very unlikely, but still a possibility.

Tennessee-Georgia could also beat us out, especially if both teams are undefeated. If that's the case, Georgia will be Top 5, and Tennessee should be Top 20.

Okie Light should fall off the map before they play Texas. Perhaps to Arizona this week.

no way that happens, i still think Okie Light is a legit threat to upset some teams and win the Big 12 this year

as far as gameday i honestly dont care as long as we take care of business and win

Looking ahead to college gameday for the Wisconsin games our competitors will be:

Tennessee vs Georgia

Texas vs. Oklahoma State- Not if OU beats Texas

Michigan State vs. Ohio State.

I think MSU vs. OSU will be our main competition...They should both be undefeated as should we and Wisconsin...however i think we the whole alternate jerseys and hype for revenge on our game, and the fact that we are already locked in on abc primetime i think we have a good chance...

There is no way we beat out MSU and OSu for gameday, ESPN has a serious crush on Urban Meyer and msu.

Ah, but here's the kicker, do you think they'd schedule two Big Ten games in prime time?

However, this could be an instance where we have Kirk and Brent, but College GameDay is in East Lansing. Very unlikely, but still a possibility.

Tennessee-Georgia could also beat us out, especially if both teams are undefeated. If that's the case, Georgia will be Top 5, and Tennessee should be Top 20.

Okie Light should fall off the map before they play Texas. Perhaps to Arizona this week.

no way that happens, i still think Okie Light is a legit threat to upset some teams and win the Big 12 this year

as far as gameday i honestly dont care as long as we take care of business and win

Oh I honestly don't care either if CGD makes it to campus or not. I'm a student so it would just be that added buzz around campus for the entire week that I would look forward to.

As for Okie Light losing to Arizona, I just threw it in there as a possibility. The gulf of talent between Arizona and Savannah State is immense.

AP Top 25 RK TEAM RECORD PTS 1 Alabama (45) 1-0 1481 2 USC (11) 1-0 1435 3 LSU (4) 1-0 1382 4 Oregon 1-0 1295 5 Oklahoma 1-0 1170 6 Florida State 1-0 1135 7 Georgia 1-0 1083 8 Arkansas 1-0 992 9 South Carolina 1-0 980 9 West Virginia 1-0 980 11 Michigan State 1-0 915 12 Clemson 1-0 788 13 Wisconsin 1-0 664 14 Ohio State 1-0 634 15 Virginia Tech 1-0 604 16 Nebraska 1-0 603 17 Texas 1-0 584 18 Oklahoma State 1-0 558 19 Michigan 0-1 446 20 TCU 0-0 355 21 Kansas State 1-0 339 22 Notre Dame 1-0 198 23 Louisville 1-0 190 24 Florida 1-0 145 25 Stanford 1-0 131 <p

• Dropped from rankings: Boise State 24

• Others receiving votes: Boise State 79, Tennessee 73, Brigham Young 63, North Carolina 48, Baylor 38, Utah 34, Washington 15, Georgia Tech 14, Ohio 10, TEXSTATE 10, Missouri 7, Texas A&M 5, South Florida 5, UCF 4, Mississippi State 3, Auburn 3, Cincinnati 2

ESPN.com's Power Rankings RK TEAM RECORD PTS 1 Alabama 1-0 495 2 USC 1-0 476 3 LSU 1-0 459 4 Oregon 1-0 442 5 Florida State 1-0 398 6 Oklahoma 1-0 375 7 Georgia 1-0 371 8 West Virginia 1-0 361 9 Michigan State 1-0 321 10 Arkansas 1-0 309 11 South Carolina 1-0 278 12 Ohio State 1-0 248 13 Clemson 1-0 238 14 Nebraska 1-0 215 15 Texas 1-0 203 16 Oklahoma State 1-0 197 17 Virginia Tech 1-0 186 18 Wisconsin 1-0 171 19 Michigan 0-1 138 20 Kansas State 1-0 129 21 TCU 0-0 124 22 Notre Dame 1-0 70 23 Tennessee 1-0 67 24 Stanford 1-0 55 25 Florida 1-0 40

• Others receiving votes: Louisville, Boise State, Brigham Young, North Carolina, Utah, Washington, Baylor, Ohio, South Florida, UCLA

Wow look at Texas State!

I never watched UM vs. BAMA game but apparently Wolverines was BAD BAD performance from the beginning to the end. The hint was Sagarin ratings ........... #25 before this game.

The only bummer, BIG vs SEC. Happy and sad at the same time.

BTW, Sagarin said Huskers is #15, UCLA is #53. On the predictor column, Huskers is favored by 7 points including home advantage (Bruins)

As you may know, Sagarin's rankings are based a mathematical network of the teams and which other teams they've played. Until enough games have been played, the results are meaningless.

It's because Georgia is horribly over ranked. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mizzou win this weekend, but it's not because I expect Mizzou to be very good. I almost feel bad for Mizzou and A&M. I'm not even sure OU would do much damage in the SEC this year.

We're probably ranked a little high, but the real reason for the line is we're missing at least four starters on defense. I wish mizzou were ranked. It's a trap game. Looks like the polls showed Nebraska a little love. Now please beat msu and oOSU.

I'm withholding a lot of judgement about the Alabama v. Michigan game, because I feel we would have received a similar beat down. Most of the B1G would. I think Bama would beat every team in the B1G by at least two touchdowns.

agreed. it is kind of crazy that you can not lose without dropping in the rankings. was anyone really surprised at the outcome? i agree mich. was overrated, but they should have lost according to the very polls that punished them for such.

It's because Georgia is horribly over ranked. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mizzou win this weekend, but it's not because I expect Mizzou to be very good. I almost feel bad for Mizzou and A&M. I'm not even sure OU would do much damage in the SEC this year.

We're probably ranked a little high, but the real reason for the line is we're missing at least four starters on defense. I wish mizzou were ranked. It's a trap game. Looks like the polls showed Nebraska a little love. Now please beat msu and oOSU.

Interesting.

A tiger cannot teach a bulldog how to bark.

Interesting.

why would you need to teach a bulldog how to bark?

Until we hit top 10, NU has been historically ranked based on past performance. Respect, I guess. But also it means expectations.

We are given a pass until we prove we do not deserve it. Admittedly, that (undeserving) has proven more true these last few years than I like. But it is good to have such a legacy. Schools like Texas A&M, Iowa, UCLA, would love to be in that position, too.

ANd it probably shouldn't happen but it does. Notre Dame gets the same pass, albeit for a ridiculously long span.

I hope, this year, we show we're worth the optimism.

Interesting.

/unshun

Ask Verin. He's better at getting sayings right.

/reshun

• Fire 1
It's because Georgia is horribly over ranked. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mizzou win this weekend, but it's not because I expect Mizzou to be very good. I almost feel bad for Mizzou and A&amp;M. I'm not even sure OU would do much damage in the SEC this year.

Interesting.

/unshun

Ask Verin. He's better at getting sayings right.

/reshun

I think moir's just trying to be witty and Mysterious.