A point I need to make....

Saragin Ratings

NU 15

Southern Miss 50

UCLA 53

Rice 116

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

We don't seem to be comparing apples to apples here benedictbruin! Good luck to you and GBR!!!

He's got Boise State at #6....16 spots ahead of the Michigan State team that just kicked their a$$. Excuse me if I call bullsh!t on Sagarin's ratings after 1 game.

Ya his formulas need a few weeks of gameplay to be relevant for the current year. OTOH its not like Rice is suddenly going to jump into the top 50.

and we know Sagarin is in bed w/ the Pac12. He lost a lot of credibility a couple years ago when he had most of the Pac10 in the top 10 for SOS.

and we know Sagarin is in bed w/ the Pac12. He lost a lot of credibility a couple years ago when he had most of the Pac10 in the top 10 for SOS.

That's a fault of the formula, not a bias on his part. The issue there was, the Pac-10 had a good OOC run, putting them in good shape for overall conference SOS from the beginning. Once they got into conference play they were almost locked into those high SOS numbers because everyone was relatively high. The nine-game round robin schedule they played helped as well. It was an anomaly, not a trend of bias.

That's a fault of the formula, not a bias on his part. The issue there was, the Pac-10 had a good OOC run, putting them in good shape for overall conference SOS from the beginning. Once they got into conference play they were almost locked into those high SOS numbers because everyone was relatively high. The nine-game round robin schedule they played helped as well. It was an anomaly, not a trend of bias.

Didn't he write the formula? Point is, the anomaly was enough for me to call into question his rankings on a few things. Regardless...we all know his rankings struggle until the season is further along.

Nobody on the national level cares about Nebraska, nor should they. You haven't won a conference championship this century. Go to your stadium. The highest number you see is 1999. That was 13 years ago. Your seasons are boring and predictable. You beat a few no-name schools and start off with high-hopes, you get crushed by a legit team, you win a few more games against a few nobodies, you lose a game to a nobody, you implode against a few pretty good team, then you win a game or two before embarrassing yourself in a bowl game. Your first loss will come this week and this board will become a hotbed for negativity and bitterness.

ucla-fall-down-go-boom.gif

lololol.gif

Nobody on the national level cares about Nebraska, nor should they. You haven't won a conference championship this century. Go to your stadium. The highest number you see is 1999. That was 13 years ago. Your seasons are boring and predictable. You beat a few no-name schools and start off with high-hopes, you get crushed by a legit team, you win a few more games against a few nobodies, you lose a game to a nobody, you implode against a few pretty good team, then you win a game or two before embarrassing yourself in a bowl game. Your first loss will come this week and this board will become a hotbed for negativity and bitterness.

I asked a UCLA student the other day how the Bruins were looking so far this year.

He gave me a funny look and said, "Who?"

WhoCLA it is then

Didn't he write the formula? Point is, the anomaly was enough for me to call into question his rankings on a few things. Regardless...we all know his rankings struggle until the season is further along.

yeah, but I think it's a stretch to say he wrote his formula to specifically bias the Pac 10. More like the Pac 10 somehow got into a situation that aligned well with how the pre-written formula works, for that year.

• Fire 1

our qb is always runnning for his life...

here Washington made a statement starting the 2nd half by chasing taylor right out of the back of endzone(notice how loud our crowd is at there place.... you will see that saturday)

in this one, much to the surprise of the k state crowd, they chased taylor right out of manhattan

The "instigator" or lack thereof came on here, in short work, made an ass of himself, and has not been heard since...

This has happened before. Guy comes on, talks smack, has his team get it handed to em by the Big Red, and isn't heard from again...

We've seen this movie before.

kind of funny, the more smack from opposing fans, the better the chance we have to win. the more respectable the opposing fans are generally means a higher chance for a loss.

Just finished watching the replay. I have seen it stated here that Southern Miss's defense is faster than Ucla's....no F*n way. You folks will be dazzled by our young speed. Your QB will be running for his life. And his pad high passes? There will be turnovers. Not here as a troll...see my previous posts.

1179221_o.gif

Just finished watching the replay. I have seen it stated here that Southern Miss's defense is faster than Ucla's....no F*n way. You folks will be dazzled by our young speed. Your QB will be running for his life. And his pad high passes? There will be turnovers. Not here as a troll...see my previous posts.

1179221_o.gif

Oh...Oh dear...That's.....Uhm...