BTN on Dish Network?

Just orderd the Sports Package from Direct TV and seems like I'll get the game, just would like to know which channel it is on, however, it still might be black out...???

We don't have a game on BTN until the Idaho State game, and Dish just got their deal figured out.

Fox is a local channel, which is the channel our game is on today.

Bump

Well BTN has officially been removed from Dish's lineup. So I guess I'm going to the game next weekend since Dish sucks...

The deal that was reached last week fell through.

It's still on my channel guide but it says on the screen that they are working to reach an agreement.

This is as much on dish as it is on big ten network

Gonna have to change to DirecTV if they don't get it lined out before next saturday....

No kiddin. BTN is the only-I MEAN ONLY-reason I switched from our regular conventional cable to dish. It was much cheaper to get dish than a cable package that had BTN. I will switch to something else. This is BS. This crap just seems to happen too often with Doosh Network.

So, I have been on the phone several times today with Dish. They have insisted that they are still in negotiations with BTN. In fact, the information I received is that the BTN would not let Dish air the broadcasts while the negotiations were on going. One person I spoke to said to expect resolution within 7-10 days. I also got dish to give me a sizable discount when I threatened to switch to DirectTV. It went from $132 per month to $88 per month. They even threw in the movie channels for free for three months and if I decide to keep them, they will be half price for the next three months. The woman said they had received many calls about the BTN situation and did not want to have their customers switch. I hope what she said was true, otherwise I will be going to Direct.

From what I've read. BTN pulled the channel, not dish.

Maybe I should call dish and b!tch up a storm for a discount. In the end I really don't care how this thing turns out. BTN, outside of broadcasting games, doesn't provide enough original programming to be considered a big dog. To me the channel is absolutely worthless between January and August. They should know there role in the food chain and be happy with it.

Plus, the ignorant posts on the social media side about the situation from BTN doesn't score them many points in my book.

• Fire 1

Maybe I should call dish and b!tch up a storm for a discount. In the end I really don't care how this thing turns out. BTN, outside of broadcasting games, doesn't provide enough original programming to be considered a big dog. To me the channel is absolutely worthless between January and August. They should know there role in the food chain and be happy with it.

Plus, the ignorant posts on the social media side about the situation from BTN doesn't score them many points in my book.

Couldn't agree with you anymore on that statement. I hate when these TV networks post stupid stuff on twitter and facebook during negotiations. BTN also keeps saying Dish dropped BTN which isn't true. BTN pulled the feed from Dish. I don't have Dish, I have DirecTV, but I'm glad they are standing up for their customers and not willing to pay these overpriced networks to air their programming. It's getting out of hand.

I changed from Dish Network to Direct TV today. It's not that I had a problem with Dish Network programming or service, it's just that without BTN on certain Saturday's I can't watch Nebraska football. It's for the greater good of Nebraska fans that I do this. Someone needs to provide an impetus for Dish to get serious in negotiating with BTN. I told Dish several weeks ago and again today that they are going to lose a lot of Nebraska fans if they don't get something done by Saturday, and probably a lot more Big Ten fans as well. They just lost me. I had just upgraded to HD two months ago and agreed to a 24 month service agreement. On the internet it says that you have to pay 17.50 a month early termination fee. I found out today when I cancelled it is only 10 dollars a month for a total of 220 dollars. If you change over to direct TV prior to 10/3/2012, you will receive a prepaid $200.00 VISA debit card and you will also get rebates good for the first two years of service (instead of paying $63.99 a month for the Choice package, you pay $34.99 a month for the first 12 months) and a lesser deduction for the next 12 months. Since I was being charged $130.53 a month for Dish Network I more than make up for the $220.00 early termination fee since my bill for the next 12 months with Direct TV will be $72.99. Living in Texas, I don't get BTN as part of America's Top 200 as you would if you live in a Big Ten state, so I have to pay an additional $9 a month for the multisports package. With Direct TV, BTN is provided as part of the Choice package, so it doesn't cost me anything extra to get BTN. I do have to pay for the return shipping of the Hopper, Joey's and remote controls, which will cost $17 if I use the prepaid shipping labels or whatever it costs if I take it to UPS and pay for it myself. Hope I didn't bore anyone, I just wanted to let you know what my experience was.

*Almost forgot. You also receive the NFL package where you get to watch every NFL football game for the first year. You have to remember to cancel it prior to the start of the next year though. You also get the free movie package HBO, MAX, etc for three months and again you have to remember to cancel it prior to the fourth month so you don't get charged for it.

this is the problem. we will end up paying more for BTN. that is why they are negotiating. it is a three-way negotiation and i would rather be patient and have the network back down than have dish concede and eventually have to charge the customers more. i do not know the specifics, but i know it is more complicated than how people have discussed it.

edit: actually i agree with a lot of what you are saying. i was referring more to the discount and people jumping ship.