this is the year we dont get 9 wins

Husker66

If I were a UCLA fan right now, I'd get on this board and have the greatest laugh of my life. Total meltdown mode right now.

oh they are here!!! and they deserve to laugh at us.

Hell yes they do. This is embarrassing. They outplayed us and won. We're not a bad team, not yet, at least. Things like this happen all the time - it's football.

If I were a UCLA fan right now, I'd get on this board and have the greatest laugh of my life. Total meltdown mode right now.

Warranted perhaps?

Would you rather be Nebraska who just lost to UCLA, or #8 Arkansas who lost to a far inferior Louisiana Monroe, or Wisconsin who lost to OSU? I think our situation is far better than what those teams showcased.

It's football - you lose. People need to get over it and be constructive, not freak out.

Warranted perhaps?

Would you rather be Nebraska who just lost to UCLA, or #8 Arkansas who lost to a far inferior Louisiana Monroe, or Wisconsin who lost to OSU? I think our situation is far better than what those teams showcased.

It's football - you lose. People need to get over it and be constructive, not freak out.

Is Wisconsin losing to OSU any different then Nebraska losing to UCLA?

Warranted perhaps?

Agree to disagree here. I don’t see a random outlier I see a trend. Being the head coach at NU is a tough job and we have some distinct disadvantages. That said I think we should be doing better and I have little reason for optimism.

Warranted perhaps?

Wisconsin looked absolutely terrible - they scored seven points. If you'd watched that game and this game, you'd see that Nebraska played significantly better than Wisconsin ever did.

So, yes, it is different. Really different. Are you saying you would rather lose the way they did then the way we did? Cause I sure don't.

Warranted perhaps?

Yes. They went to two BCS games in recent years and have a conference title.

Warranted perhaps?

Yes. They went to two BCS games in recent years and have a conference title.

And UCLA is a bad team. I think UCLA is worse than OSU. It may be a long year.

Sorry guys we got out played and more embarassingly outcoached. Can't wait for the excuses Bo.

It happens, even to the best coaches. This was game two, and I'm not saying something equal or even worse won't happen the rest of the season. You don't know - I don't know.

Warranted perhaps?

Wisconsin looked absolutely terrible - they scored seven points. If you'd watched that game and this game, you'd see that Nebraska played significantly better than Wisconsin ever did.

So, yes, it is different. Really different. Are you saying you would rather lose the way they did then the way we did? Cause I sure don't.

Did Nebraska play "significantly" better than Wisconsin played?

Two big team teams ranked in the mid teens, losing to mid-level PAC12 teams on the road.

Did Wisconsin's defense look better then Nebraska's defense? Yep -- sure did.

Did Nebraska's offense look better then Wisoconsin's offense? Yep -- sure did.

Not seeing the glaring differences in their loses? Nebraska had a 3rd-Year starrting Quarterback, while Wisconsin had a first-year starter within their system though.

Two big team teams ranked in the mid teens, losing to mid-level PAC12 teams on the road.

Not seeing the glaring differences in their loses? Nebraska had a 3rd-Year starrting Quarterback, while Wisconsin had a first-year starter within their system though,

Perhaps it's a matter of opinion - I watched the Wisconsin game and I watched our game. I'd rather we lose the way we did 10 times out of 10, to the opponent we did, in the fashion we did. Wisconsin is the reigning B1G champion - what happened to them is far more embarrassing than a team losing to UCLA who didn't even win their division last year.

sh#t happens, football teams lose. People need to deal with it rather than get on here and proclaim their poor prediction skills to everyone. It was the second game of the season. We might have a worse loss this year, we might not lose another game. I don't think I've seen enough to say we won't hit 9 wins. Did you see the way other B1G teams played today? I'd say 9 wins is doable.

Not seeing the glaring differences in their loses? Nebraska had a 3rd-Year starrting Quarterback, while Wisconsin had a first-year starter within their system though,

Perhaps it's a matter of opinion - I watched the Wisconsin game and I watched our game. I'd rather we lose the way we did 10 times out of 10, to the opponent we did, in the fashion we did. Wisconsin is the reigning B1G champion - what happened to them is far more embarrassing than a team losing to UCLA who didn't even win their division last year.

sh#t happens, football teams lose. People need to deal with it rather than get on here and proclaim their poor prediction skills to everyone. It was the second game of the season. We might have a worse loss this year, we might not lose another game. I don't think I've seen enough to say we won't hit 9 wins. Did you see the way other B1G teams played today? I'd say 9 wins is doable.

Of course it is just a game. :)

I did watch the Wisconsin game, and I can't say I would have rather lost the way Nebraska did this evening, then the way Wisconsin did this evening. I don't see the logic in comparing each team's performance this year, with their results last year, but that is your opinion.

You are absolutely right though, we could win out, or lose 5 more times. Do I think we will get to 9 wins (original question being asked in this thread) -- No.

PS -- UCLA did technically win their division last year, and played in the PAC 12 CCG, because USC was ineligible.