It's not just a game!

HuskerMoon

There are more serious things in life than Husker football..............................just name one of the thousand things out there that is more serious at this point! My kids are more important than Husker football, my job is more important than Husker football, my wife is more important than Husker football.............................wait strike that last one. :lol: If that makes me less of a fan so be it because I know at the end of the day I'm a Husker fan and that's all that matters.

Enhance.

Thank you for your well thought out articulated response. Unfortunately my "attitude" is not up for debate. My attitude is neither right or wrong. It is what it is. A perspective from life experience that is different and judging by your post, considerably longer than your own. In my life experience I have found that rational and irrational responses are both completely subjective and a matter of individual perspective. There are some situations that merit what some might consider an "irrational" response. It helps make life interesting, helps relieve stress, helps knock people with their face in the cotton candy back into reality. While it may be distasteful, frightening, or even physically painful depending on the circumstance you can rest assured that a lasting and valuable life lesson has been learned, either by myself or those directly impacted.

Seems to me that your attitude is precisely what is being discussed in this post. You have no right to physically or emotionally abuse folks because some football GAME was lost. It is a football game, and we all want the huskers to do well, but I'm not going to burn down the town if they lose.

You, yourself, state in the above quote that your BEHAVIOR, which is a result of your attitude, is distasteful, frightening and physically painful. All because of a loss by he Huskers?? Yikes, I hope you never have any real crisis in your life. You'll make the headlines for sure.

You obviously take what you wish from what you've read. I will comment on a few things though. You are right. I have no right to committ battery on a person and I never have. I have been involved in two violent instances, both aggrivated following a Nebraska game.In those cases I could have been prosecuted but lucky for me, no charges were filed.

On the other hand you included the word "Emotional abuse". That struck a cord with me. There is no law that says I can't say pretty much say whatever I want to short of yelling fire in a theater. Therefore thanks to the eternal genuis of the founding fathers THE FIRST AMENDMENT contradicts this completely unless it relates to some kind of violent act. I have EVERY right to say WHATEVER it is I wish. People choose to be offended or not. If thats the emotional abuse you are talking about then it's really too bad.

Still my behavior is not up for debate. It is what it is. People who think they're being righteous can say whatever they want from their pedestal. *shrug*

Actually no you don't, depending on your state you can actually be arrested for cursing in public. Also the constitution wasn't written so you can say whatever you want whenever you want, that's a common mistake made by most folks. Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to act a certain way.

Every time Nebraska loses I get to hear this lie. "Oh well... It's just a game." If you say this following a Nebraska loss then there are only a handful of reasons you are saying it. Denial, Mental Illness, Lack of true Husker born and bred passion, or finally your priorities are out of whack.

You are so upset over losing the game that you pass it off as just college kids living it up and playing a little backyard game of piggly skin. Instead of a 122 year tradition and source of pride for this entire state. A storied tradition of fandom passed down from father to son.... and daughter over the ages. A source that unites family and friends in fellowship 12 to 14 Saturdays in the fall. Something that in Nebraska is a synonomous with fall as Halloween and Thanksgiving. That true Nebraska fans exhault with heartfelt joy in meaningful victory and feel physical and emotional pain and also humiliation in loss. It is a sport that brings in millions of dollars in revenue to the University, the city of Lincoln, and the state of Nebraska. Something that has a DIRECT impact on the education of our young people and the local ECONOMY. There is far more emotion wrapped up in 60 minutes of watching football on a Husker Saturday than many would care to admit but it doesn't mean it isn't there. I am only slightly embarrassed to admit I have done damage to property and person following the absolute RED blinding rage I go into following a loss, especially if followed by sh*t talk from people who hate Nebraska just to hate it, because they are too simple to wrap their minds around what football means to this state and it's people. That or they support some other hack of a team in which their support could never hold a candle to the passion Nebraska fans have.. So don't tell me it's just a game. (I'm sure some coy jackass will say it. Be first in line to show your true colors.) It's far from just a game to me.

You get out there and play division I football!

Okay. I'll get right on that..

Enhance.

Thank you for your well thought out articulated response. Unfortunately my "attitude" is not up for debate. My attitude is neither right or wrong. It is what it is. A perspective from life experience that is different and judging by your post, considerably longer than your own. In my life experience I have found that rational and irrational responses are both completely subjective and a matter of individual perspective. There are some situations that merit what some might consider an "irrational" response. It helps make life interesting, helps relieve stress, helps knock people with their face in the cotton candy back into reality. While it may be distasteful, frightening, or even physically painful depending on the circumstance you can rest assured that a lasting and valuable life lesson has been learned, either by myself or those directly impacted.

Seems to me that your attitude is precisely what is being discussed in this post. You have no right to physically or emotionally abuse folks because some football GAME was lost. It is a football game, and we all want the huskers to do well, but I'm not going to burn down the town if they lose.

You, yourself, state in the above quote that your BEHAVIOR, which is a result of your attitude, is distasteful, frightening and physically painful. All because of a loss by he Huskers?? Yikes, I hope you never have any real crisis in your life. You'll make the headlines for sure.

You obviously take what you wish from what you've read. I will comment on a few things though. You are right. I have no right to committ battery on a person and I never have. I have been involved in two violent instances, both aggrivated following a Nebraska game.In those cases I could have been prosecuted but lucky for me, no charges were filed.

On the other hand you included the word "Emotional abuse". That struck a cord with me. There is no law that says I can't say pretty much say whatever I want to short of yelling fire in a theater. Therefore thanks to the eternal genuis of the founding fathers THE FIRST AMENDMENT contradicts this completely unless it relates to some kind of violent act. I have EVERY right to say WHATEVER it is I wish. People choose to be offended or not. If thats the emotional abuse you are talking about then it's really too bad.

Still my behavior is not up for debate. It is what it is. People who think they're being righteous can say whatever they want from their pedestal. *shrug*

Actually no you don't, depending on your state you can actually be arrested for cursing in public. Also the constitution wasn't written so you can say whatever you want whenever you want, that's a common mistake made by most folks. Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to act a certain way.

Actually, Yes. A local ordinance does not trump the constitution. Show me a state law in which you can be "arrested" for cursing in public. I can also tell you if your getting hauled away in handcuffs for "cursing in public" it's for disorderly conduct. In which something other than "Cursing" would have to had been established. Often the constitutionality of such things is never challenged because people would rather pay a ticket than attempt vainly to take it to the supreme court. It still doesn't mean it's constitutional. The constitution does indeed give me the RIGHT to act a certain way, as long as I don't infrige upon the rights of others. (Not including huwting they poe witto feewlins)That position that it doesn't is a politcal agenda that enrages me far more than any husker football loss could ever do.

LMAO, I am trying to imagine what Husker Moon looks like. If his car has 1 million Husker stickers on it. His front yard has the Husker flag out. He only has red clothes and the N on every thing. He has stalked the Campus to get each individual football players autograph and tell them how great they are. . Again, Mental illness are people like you and the tree poisoning guy in Alabama. Again not that serious!

I doubt he's like that at all. I'd imagine he's mid to late 20s or early 30s. Just getting established in the work force, maybe a young family also getting established. In those circumstances, tying one's identity to a team like the Huskers is pretty common. I speak from experience. I was that way in the 80s. If we lost, I couldn't pick up the paper off the porch and my week was ruined till around Wednesday. I know I bagged on Huskermoon earlier in this thread, perhaps too hard. But it is also from experience when I say, it is just a game and it should not effect your life. The sooner one can get to that point, the better. And it doesn't mean you've lost your fanhood nor your passion, it means you've gained perspective.

I went through the same problems back in the 80s and early 90s. I'm still very passionate about the Huskers but I won't allow the game to affect my life like it did back then.

You need to stop gambling on the games or seek counseling or both. It is just a game. You don't play in it, it should not effect your life.

From 1/2 hour before till the end of "the game", I am fired up and proudly Big Red as anyone in this state (and have been since listening to the games in the early to mid 60s on my grandpa's knees). But when the game is over, win or lose, it does not effect who I am, nor my worth as a person nor the quality of my life.

Amen! Heed grandpas words.

For a fan, at the end of the day, it is just a game. However, If you're a coach or player it is quite a bit more than that. No coy jackassery intended-deadly serious, and no less of a fan than the OP thinks he is. If you're getting your sense of worth from a game that recent high school graduates are playing, and your not one of them, you've got ISSUES.

Every time Nebraska loses I get to hear this lie. "Oh well... It's just a game." If you say this following a Nebraska loss then there are only a handful of reasons you are saying it. Denial, Mental Illness, Lack of true Husker born and bred passion, or finally your priorities are out of whack.

You are so upset over losing the game that you pass it off as just college kids living it up and playing a little backyard game of piggly skin. Instead of a 122 year tradition and source of pride for this entire state. A storied tradition of fandom passed down from father to son.... and daughter over the ages. A source that unites family and friends in fellowship 12 to 14 Saturdays in the fall. Something that in Nebraska is a synonomous with fall as Halloween and Thanksgiving. That true Nebraska fans exhault with heartfelt joy in meaningful victory and feel physical and emotional pain and also humiliation in loss. It is a sport that brings in millions of dollars in revenue to the University, the city of Lincoln, and the state of Nebraska. Something that has a DIRECT impact on the education of our young people and the local ECONOMY. There is far more emotion wrapped up in 60 minutes of watching football on a Husker Saturday than many would care to admit but it doesn't mean it isn't there. I am only slightly embarrassed to admit I have done damage to property and person following the absolute RED blinding rage I go into following a loss, especially if followed by sh*t talk from people who hate Nebraska just to hate it, because they are too simple to wrap their minds around what football means to this state and it's people. That or they support some other hack of a team in which their support could never hold a candle to the passion Nebraska fans have.. So don't tell me it's just a game. (I'm sure some coy jackass will say it. Be first in line to show your true colors.) It's far from just a game to me.

I think maybe you need to read the words I put in red and seriously think about yourself. What I put in blue is a prime example of why.

Enhance.

Actually, Yes. A local ordinance does not trump the constitution. Show me a state law in which you can be "arrested" for cursing in public. I can also tell you if your getting hauled away in handcuffs for "cursing in public" it's for disorderly conduct. In which something other than "Cursing" would have to had been established. Often the constitutionality of such things is never challenged because people would rather pay a ticket than attempt vainly to take it to the supreme court. It still doesn't mean it's constitutional. The constitution does indeed give me the RIGHT to act a certain way, as long as I don't infrige upon the rights of others. (Not including huwting they poe witto feewlins)That position that it doesn't is a politcal agenda that enrages me far more than any husker football loss could ever do.

Okay, you know everything.......................enjoy knowing everything.

I damaged property once after a Husker game, but it was a victory - when Mo Purify caught the game winning touchdown catch against Texas A&M in 2006, I jumped in excitement and my hands went into the moving fan blades.

Needless to say, I don't ever jump when I'm in my folks' living room.

I damaged property once after a Husker game, but it was a victory - when Mo Purify caught the game winning touchdown catch against Texas A&M in 2006, I jumped in excitement and my hands went into the moving fan blades.

Needless to say, I don't ever jump when I'm in my folks' living room.

you will use any excuse to prove to us how tall you are, will you not?

Show me a state law in which you can be "arrested" for cursing in public.
Massachusetts town OKs $20 fine for swearing in public LINK

But ordinances concerning profanity don't really go to the point being made above. The point is, as Nebraskaman said, that you have no right to physically or emotionally abuse folks because of the outcome of some football game. But I suspect you don't care about that point. You just want to quibble. I'll bet dollars to donuts that you're a lawyer. Or secretly want to be. :lol: