Taylor's Fantastic Run

True2tRA

I refuse to put this recent loss on Taylor's shoulders or any of the offensive players for that matter. Play calling was really questionable. I love the fact that we are trying to be a balanced offense, but when the run game is working as well as it was, you can't completely abandon it. Some would say the offensive line men could take partial blame, but it seems to me coaching may be an issue on that front. It doesn't seem we understand assignments when opponents start blitzing. I think we have some talented guys on this team at offensive line, this staff just isn't helping them much.

With that out of the way, I really just wanted to point out that all is not lost on this offense. We did score 30 points. It was a close game. We could have scored more. Plus, we got to see the old Taylor come back. Now the kid can sling the ball pretty effectively and run like he did in the beginning of his career. Clearly, the guy still needs a little time in the pocket to set up his throws and see the field, but what QB doesn't need that?

Do we think Taylor could still end up back in the Heisman conversation at some point this season? If he keeps making plays like this, how could he not be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oJuqA25sbg

Do we think Taylor could still end up back in the Heisman conversation at some point this season? If he keeps making plays like this, how could he not be?

1. He could not be because his team is out of contention for a BCS bowl
  2. He could not be because his great runs are canceled out by a poor passer rating

The blame can't be put on anyone area of the team. It was a series of mistakes that caused the loss......................it happens. In the grand scheme of things were we really going to compete for a NC this season? No............................I loved seeing Taylor take off and the only reason that guy got a hand on his back was because he slowed up at about the 15 yard line cause he knew he didn't need to keep the pedal down anymore. Taylor's straight line speed is insane................

I am not putting this loss on the O line. For the most part, I thought they did a decent job on Saturday. When you are going against a very athletic and well coached D line, you are going to have some break downs. This was a close/hard fought game and there were many plays that were very well blocked.

Yea, I agree. I want to be clear that I'm not putting it on them either. They did do a fine job on a lot of plays. Our run game was going very well behind those big guys up front. It seems the offensive line just takes a whole heaping portion of blame here on Huskerboard. UCLA was very athletic up front, very fast, and they were attacking the hell out of us. So I agree, UCLA was going to get there a few times no matter what. As I said, over all, I think the offense played a very good game.

1. He could not be because his team is out of contention for a BCS bowl
  2. He could not be because his great runs are canceled out by a poor passer rating

Both of those statements are incorrect for this season. We can still get to a bcs bowl and his passer rating is still pretty darn good.