Chase Rome quits?

Kind of what I said in the status update, but I'm wondering if some starters are losing reps or moving down the depth chart in favor of some younger, faster players, and this is causing some issues. I've heard about Santos and Anderson practicing with 1st team, but that wouldn't affect Rome would it?

Good point Foppa. Perhaps Valentine's Day has arrived.

Very possible. Seriously though, can the starters on D really be surprised that younger players are getting a shot? You just gave up 650 yards to a freshman QB and his younger team!!! Bo won't put up with that crap, so either you play harder or you watch others get a chance.

Seems like 3-4 was discussed in the off season quite a bit on this board. We do seem to have more lb personel than d-line. But, (except for Rome) no other changes have happened that I'm aware of. Why wouldn't this be addressed in the off-season by the coaching staff as well? Something fishy goin' on.

Kind of what I said in the status update, but I'm wondering if some starters are losing reps or moving down the depth chart in favor of some younger, faster players, and this is causing some issues. I've heard about Santos and Anderson practicing with 1st team, but that wouldn't affect Rome would it?

Good point Foppa. Perhaps Valentine's Day has arrived.

Very possible. Seriously though, can the starters on D really be surprised that younger players are getting a shot? You just gave up 650 yards to a freshman QB and his younger team!!! Bo won't put up with that crap, so either you play harder or you watch others get a chance.

I am really liking the defensive changes....I hope it gets the team fired up and doesn't crush their spirits that the younger players are taking their spots.

Seems like 3-4 was discussed in the off season quite a bit on this board. We do seem to have more lb personel than d-line. But, (except for Rome) no other changes have happened that I'm aware of. Why wouldn't this be addressed in the off-season by the coaching staff as well? Something fishy goin' on.

Good point. Now isn't exactly the time to be retooling the defense.

More and more, I'm wondering what the heck is going on in those coach's offices. Is it lack of experience, lack of effort, or lack of knowledge of just who/what they have for players?

How hard would transitioning to a 3-4 be when we're already 2 games in? Honestly, by the defense already looking out of position and clueless at times, could they really handle changing the one thing they (kind of) know?

Edit: And as I fix my spelling, I see knapplc just basically said what I said. But it's a good concern to have.

Good point. Now isn't exactly the time to be retooling the defense.

More and more, I'm wondering what the heck is going on in those coach's offices. Is it lack of experience, lack of effort, or lack of knowledge of just who/what they have for players?

Knapp, I hope you're wrong. It seems inconceivable how they wouldn't know who/what they have for players with the exception of the true freshmen. We're in year five of Bo, so lack of experience better not be it either. I'd be extremely worried if it's either lack of effort or lack of knowledge. A friend of mine somewhat close to the program told me the season before Watson left that he was gone regardless because he was sick and tired of spending all his time convincing players to remain with the team. I was hopeful this wasn't the case. Only time will tell. Heck, we don't even know whether there's anything to this rumor.

How hard would transitioning to a 3-4 be when we're already 2 games in? Honestly, by the defense already looking out of position and clueless at times, could they really handle changing the one thing they (kind of) know?

Edit: And as I fix my spelling, I see knapplc just basically said what I said. But it's a good concern to have.

Now, correct me if I am wrong if anyone knows, but don't you ditch 2-gap d-line responsibility when you go 3-4!?

I came here a few hours ago to see if anyone posted this up yet, i was hoping it would quite down and be just a rumor but i dont think its going to happen. The rumor was he walked out of Film Study, and that naturally progresses to he quit. 1620 said a bit ago there is going to be a statement after practice about it, so it might just be legit.