We will win the big 10

1. There is no way in hell we are going to beat Ohio State with a healthy Braxton Miller. For us, trying to stop him is futile (see last years game before he got injured).

2. There is no way in hell we beat Michigan; because again, we cannot stop scrambling QB's and Shoelace will kill us on the ground.

If Bo is Superman, the mobile QB is his krtyptonite. I know folks say that all team struggle with mobile QB's, but it seems that Bo has no answer to even remotely stop or slow one. I know we do not have the D of Bama, but I would think we are better than MSU and Iowa and they all blitzed like no ones business. The key would appear to simply beat that mobile QB a$$. Bama vz Robinson 27 for 27 yrds, Iowas 12 for 55 and MSU 18 for 42. Now NU 23 for 83. Nu had less per carry yrds, but DR was harassed all game and running for his life. We need to look at previous film and figure something out for sure. We have 3 very mobile QB's coming up.

I agree we are vulnerable to mobile QBs right now, moreso than other teams and I'm not sure why. I think we are getting caught transitioning from our old defensive style geared to stopping spread offenses to one more suited to the B1G and that accounts for a lot of it. I predict we make steady improvement covering the run and we have success with the formula that seems to be useful against most mobile quarterbacks: make them beat you with the pass.

What is odd with the mobile QB as well is that we have one of the fastest QB's in the league to go against every week. Perhaps Martinez is mobile, but not elusive? The 1's do not go against 1's? It would be nice if we would do what teams have done to us since Texa$$ in 2010. Load the box, stop the run (QB). I wouldn't mind seeing that a little to see if we have the horses to make it work. The DB's seem to be improving and appear to be the strength of the D right now. Put them on an Island against Robinsons arm and I like their chances. Not so much with Miller. Get 8 guys in their face and most QB's will have issues. Just have to contain them though.

As ive said before, the big 10 is incredibly weak and is probably the 5th best conference now. I think we are the second best team in the conference with Ohio State being first. Ohio State cant win the big 10, so that leaves us as being the best team in the conference. Michigan state has no offense, Wisconsin is too inconsistent and i believe our offense could score pretty easily against their defense, michigan might give us problems but i think our offense will outscore theirs, iowa isnt very good. I give us a 90 percent chance to win the conference, thoughts?

As ive said before, the big 10 is incredibly weak and is probably the 5th best conference now. I think we are the second best team in the conference with Ohio State being first. Ohio State cant win the big 10, so that leaves us as being the best team in the conference. Michigan state has no offense, Wisconsin is too inconsistent and i believe our offense could score pretty easily against their defense, michigan might give us problems but i think our offense will outscore theirs, iowa isnt very good. I give us a 90 percent chance to win the conference, thoughts?

The B10 is incredibly weak and may be the 5th best conference (or, perhaps 4th). But NU will still not win the conference and is unlikely, I'd think, to even contend overly. Wisconsin is down and we have them at home... but that could still go the other way. Perhaps not. OSU will be very much improved by the time we see them... on the road and that is a long-shot for NU. Michigan at the big house... that will be very, very tough to win... very unlikely. MSU at home? A toss up. Northwestern on the road? Tossup.

We still have likely three... maybe four losses in conference upcoming. Nothing, really, has changed the prospectus for the Huskers. We are a weak team in a weak conference and will likely finish upper middle conference again.

rudd.jpg

• Fire 2

33.3% chance to win our division. 100% chance to take down Wisky in the CCG. Third conference championship game's a charm.

I still think Purdue slips into the CCG and not Wisky

At this point that looks more likely.

Which is good, honestly. If we happen to beat Wisconsin, and somehow get into the title game, I would rather play an opponent we haven't played than someone we played during the season already. When that happens we usually don't do too well the second time around.

The move to the B1G looks better every week.

Yes, because there was absolutely *no* chance whatsoever of this happening when we were in the Big XII. :facepalm:

UCLA's quarterback wasn't particularly mobile, but he had room to lumber anyway. As have the running backs on every team we've faced. Along with the wide open receivers. So pretty much everything is kryptonite right now. And Bo's no Superman.

What?

He wasn't all that fast. Half the game he had a bum ankle too, so I don't understand your surprise.

We arent consistent but we are more consistent than the other B1G teams except Ohio State (who wont be able to play in the big ten champonship anyways).

Penn State=win, they arent that good.

Northwestern=win, i think our offense will score at will.

Ohio State=loss

wisconsin=win, i think we'll pass all over them.

msu=defense keeps us in check but I think bell will be too tired by the time we play them, hes getting a lot of carries kinda like burkhead last year but more

iowa=easy win, not that good of a football team

michigan=they lost their two best cb's so their secondary can easily be exposed, alabama scored at will until they put the gas of the pedal