If you went to Lincoln, where did you live?

Lived in the highlands for a year when I first started. Now I live at 27th and Highway 2 in Southwood Village apartments (last minute option).

Will be moving into a 4 bedroom house on 40th and Old Cheney at the beginning of next month, cannot wait to get out of apartment living.

Dang, 40th and Old C, that is kind of far from campus, isnt it?

Knap, I remember the 97 blizzard, lots of drinking went on!

without googling, who did Nebraska play that evening? Bonus points for a score? I was a correctional officer at the Women's Pen that night. I couldn't go home for three days

I can't remember! Who was it?

Is being stuck in a womens prision anything at all like a Skinamax movie? Probably not, huh?

Being from Lincoln, my parents wouldn't have paid for me to live in the dorms. So I lived at home for most of my time at UNL. Wasn't a bad situation. Then moved to a house with some dudes at about 70th & Cotner.

It was a pretty good distance from campus, but I threw a bike in the hatchback of my car (*tear*, I miss that Camaro) and would park on 'R' street and then ride in from there. A little geeky, I know, but it was pretty convenient. And free.

Sidenote: I miss the Rec so much. Easily the thing I miss most about UNL itself. Running in Cook Pavilion was an awesome work out, seeing the banners of our titles. Playing intramural sports there, etc. Really miss that.

Being from Lincoln, my parents wouldn't have paid for me to live in the dorms. So I lived at home for most of my time at UNL. Wasn't a bad situation. Then moved to a house with some dudes at about 70th & Cotner.

It was a pretty good distance from campus, but I threw a bike in the hatchback of my car (*tear*, I miss that Camaro) and would park on 'R' street and then ride in from there. A little geeky, I know, but it was pretty convenient. And free.

Sidenote: I miss the Rec so much. Easily the thing I miss most about UNL itself. Running in Cook Pavilion was an awesome work out, seeing the banners of our titles. Playing intramural sports there, etc. Really miss that.

That is probably what i'll miss most. And honestly, once I graduate, I will probably just take one credit a semester of some kind and pay the activity fee, because I am there all the time.

Anyone else miss the Reunion? There was a joint there called Sweet Tomato Pizza or something like that. Had a groovy arcade, and some other stuff that I'm forgetting now. I think it's an empty lot now, but it wasn't "The Reunion" for a long time.

Almost forgot about that place, they tore it down my freshman or sophomore year.

Grew up in the Meadow Ghetto (Meadowlane, not really bad at all), lived in Regency Apts, a townhome around 55th and Holdrege, a drafty old dump of a house at 28th and Washington, and part of a drafty neat old house around 18th & D. Never lived on campus and never bought a parking pass, I'd either park down R east of 17th or south of downtown when I worked down there for a couple of years while going to school.

Schram8 my first year, Cather10 my second year, Ashley Square Apartments north of East campus that summer, Fountain Glen Apartments for my 3rd, 4th, & 5th years. Back to Ashley Square for about a month until I moved to Omaha, although I spent plenty of time after that at apartments and townhomes around 84th & Holdrege where my girlfriend lived at the time(she moved a lot but at least it was only a couple of blocks moves each time)

If you happened to live in the corner room on the long ends of Harper/Schram/Smith, underneath the desk there was an access panel that you "weren't supposed" to be able to open. ;) If you did happen to get it open, there was a hollow space in the wall against the room and then went around the corner and along the larger corner rooms on the ends. Of course once we found this out we had to try it on other floors. :) Some of them were empty. Others were obviously opened from students from other years with stuff left inside but one had a complete shrine in it with all kinds of crazy stuff left behind. We added a few things ourselves and shut it back up for future generations to find.

If you happened to live in the corner room on the long ends of Harper/Schram/Smith, underneath the desk there was an access panel that you "weren't supposed" to be able to open. ;) If you did happen to get it open, there was a hollow space in the wall against the room and then went around the corner and along the larger corner rooms on the ends. Of course once we found this out we had to try it on other floors. :) Some of them were empty. Others were obviously opened from students from other years with stuff left inside but one had a complete shrine in it with all kinds of crazy stuff left behind. We added a few things ourselves and shut it back up for future generations to find.

Yeah, that became a huge story during my freshman year in Abel. They closed them all up during 2010 Winter Break.