*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Our dryer started making a really loud squeaking noise when it first started up. I googled that sh#t, bought a $17 part online, spent a half hour tearing the dryer apart and putting it in, and it now works perfectly.

Look up an estimate for a repairman to do the same and it was like $130-150 dollars. Jesus christ.

Our dryer started making a really loud squeaking noise when it first started up. I googled that sh#t, bought a $17 part online, spent a half hour tearing the dryer apart and putting it in, and it now works perfectly.

Look up an estimate for a repairman to do the same and it was like $130-150 dollars. Jesus christ.

Well maybe if it weren't for people like you who google how to do something and fix it yourself, they would get more business and not charge so much :lol:

Don't worry, I do that too.

I will predict that if I tried that, I would burn the house down by the time I'm done

satrapi-marjane_250_250.jpg

we don’t know each other, but we talk together and we understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same...

---Marjane Satrapi, Iranian-French graphic novelist, author of Persepolis

LINK

Don't forget that you're paying for labor, which includes time spent. The latter part includes more than just the time it would take a person to actually diagnose and fix it, but also travel time to your residence (with costs built in there as well, including gas and vehicle maintenance). Convenience for you is also added in, since it's a house call, rather than you bringing the unit to a shop.

It's just how businesses are run.

Don't forget that you're paying for labor, which includes time spent. The latter part includes more than just the time it would take a person to actually diagnose and fix it, but also travel time to your residence (with costs built in there as well, including gas and vehicle maintenance). Convenience for you is also added in, since it's a house call, rather than you bringing the unit to a shop.

It's just how businesses are run.

Also, if these repairmen are self-employed they still pay taxes on the money and carry their own health insurance. There is a lot more to it than just sticking the $130 in their pocket.

inside%20at%20the%20distance.jpg

Large crater appears at the 'end of the world'
By The Siberian Times reporter15 July 2014
Mysterious 'gigantic' hole in remote region spotted by helicopters over gas-rich Yamal peninsula.

This crater is *really* deep. They still haven't figured out just how deep. And it's sort of weird that the translation for the name of this place is "end of the world". Freaky weird. :lol: