*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Murder suspect claims victim summoned ‘Bigfoot’ to kill him

As part of the investigation, the sheriff’s department was able to uncover a motive.

“Appeared to be under the influence of something. So, his statement was that Mr. Knighten had summoned ‘Bigfoot’ to come and kill him, and that’s why he had to kill Mr. Knighten,” Sheriff John Christian said.

The new fast-food battleground? Chicken nuggets

Giant restaurant chains like KFC and Boston Market are making big-splash introductions of chicken nuggets on their menus this month, setting up a potential rematch of the epic chicken sandwich wars of 2019.

Why it matters: With chicken consumption on the rise, fast food industry titans think they can boost profits by catering to the nugget-loving tastes of younger consumers — who favor easy-to-grab finger foods and view dinosaur-shaped fare as a cultural touchstone.

Driving the news: KFC began testing new chicken nuggets last week for a limited time in Charlotte, North Carolina, aiming to lure in Gen Z and millennial customers.

• If it goes well, "the nuggets will replace the popcorn chicken currently on menus," Yahoo! Finance reported.
  • The launch is "a really big deal" that's meant to introduce "a whole new generation" to KFC's original Colonel Sanders recipe, Chris Scott, head chef at KFC U.S., told Yahoo! Finance.
  • "So many of younger consumers are not interested in eating chicken on the bone, for whatever reason," he said.

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/25/chicken-nugget-wars

1 hour ago, GSG said:

The new fast-food battleground? Chicken nuggets

Giant restaurant chains like KFC and Boston Market are making big-splash introductions of chicken nuggets on their menus this month, setting up a potential rematch of the epic chicken sandwich wars of 2019.

Why it matters: With chicken consumption on the rise, fast food industry titans think they can boost profits by catering to the nugget-loving tastes of younger consumers — who favor easy-to-grab finger foods and view dinosaur-shaped fare as a cultural touchstone.

Driving the news: KFC began testing new chicken nuggets last week for a limited time in Charlotte, North Carolina, aiming to lure in Gen Z and millennial customers.

• If it goes well, "the nuggets will replace the popcorn chicken currently on menus," Yahoo! Finance reported.
  • The launch is "a really big deal" that's meant to introduce "a whole new generation" to KFC's original Colonel Sanders recipe, Chris Scott, head chef at KFC U.S., told Yahoo! Finance.
  • "So many of younger consumers are not interested in eating chicken on the bone, for whatever reason," he said.

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/25/chicken-nugget-wars

“Many consumers are not interested in eating chicken on the bone”.  This has driven me crazy with my family. Both my wife and daughter refer to it as “chicken on the bone”. I try to tell them it’s just chicken but I might as well be talking to a wall. Maybe it’s just me and my pet peeve but where do they think that chicken without bones came from? :facepalm:

When we get wings, I’m the only one that gets traditional, they all get boneless which are really just chunks of breast meat. I guess I shouldn’t complain, I get whatever sauce I want and nobody gets into mine :lol:

42 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

“Many consumers are not interested in eating chicken on the bone”.  This has driven me crazy with my family. Both my wife and daughter refer to it as “chicken on the bone”. I try to tell them it’s just chicken but I might as well be talking to a wall. Maybe it’s just me and my pet peeve but where do they think that chicken without bones came from? :facepalm:

When we get wings, I’m the only one that gets traditional, they all get boneless which are really just chunks of breast meat. I guess I shouldn’t complain, I get whatever sauce I want and nobody gets into mine :lol:

Same! My wife isn't a big meat eater in general so we usually get a mix of the two. 

Seems like adults are starting to eat like toddlers more and more these days lol 

45 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Do you ever eat corn on the cob?

45 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't get wings a lot but when I do, I get traditional.  I've tried boneless a couple of times - I think always at BWW - and they always taste terrible to me.  No idea why but they do.

I like real wings (flats more than drummies) but I also like boneless wings. When I'm at a restaurant I prefer real wings. I make both at home.

The trick to making good, more fun boneless wings at home is to nick a chicken breast a couple of times (or more depending on size) and then rip the breast apart. Don't just cut it all the way through. The jagged edges ripping produces will give you more surface area for your breading to adhere to. You also get a variety of sizes/shapes, which is better than planky-looking white meat. 

• Plus1 3