Idaho State Passing

All indications on this game are that we should be able to be very successful on both sides of the ball in this game.

The one area that ISU has been successful in is passing. I believe they have around 860 yards passing in two games so far. I know that is against not good teams.

BUT, how good do you think they are?

Are they a quick pass/spread type offense like we have seen or are they more of a pro style defense? It doesn't appear from the stats that their QB runs very much.

I have the feeling going into this game similar to Louisiana Tech in 1998 when they had a stud QB (Rattay) and WR (Edwards) and that was it. We won fairly easily with a score of 56-27 but LT racked up 590 yards of passing.

Hope I'm wrong.

I dont care how many tricks they pull out. If we give up 500 yards to these guys, it'll be time to pull the fire alarm.

This is the kind of game where I think that it would behoove us to send guys like Martin on a pretty regular basis. We know they can't run and that they'll put it up 70% of the time (obviously more after they're down a bunch of scores). We also know that their tackles/rest of the OL are gonna be pretty bad in comparison to what we're used to seeing. With a strong secondary and a relentless pass rush, I think that their offense turns into more Tecmo Bowl-esque complexity as opposed to NCAA Football 2013.

Our secondary has shown improvement from last year. I for one focused alot on Seisay last game and he looks like a future NFL corner. He is big, physical and will come up to stop the run. Now hopefully our other corners can step up like they have been. One quick question. Will Jackson see the field other than on punt returns? We keep hearing that he is doing great but he is one of those new guys that we tend to not play as much and Im not sure why.

Our secondary has shown improvement from last year. I for one focused alot on Seisay last game and he looks like a future NFL corner. He is big, physical and will come up to stop the run. Now hopefully our other corners can step up like they have been. One quick question. Will Jackson see the field other than on punt returns? We keep hearing that he is doing great but he is one of those new guys that we tend to not play as much and Im not sure why.

You would have to think that if the Cooper move works out and Coop basically just takes over the will spot, that Jackson will see time in situations. He's another one that I was talking about when I said guys have to get on the field. His shirt is burned, so we better use him as much as we smartly can.

I predict that we hold them under 250 yards of passing. Our secondary is actually pretty good in coverages for the most part. Secondary is where all of the athleticism is on the defense. The problem has been tackling.

I also think we see a couple of 30+ yard runs from Idaho State that hurt us a little bit. Our D will be spread out pretty good, so the occasional HB Draw play could work pretty well for them.

I predict that we hold them under 250 yards of passing. Our secondary is actually pretty good in coverages for the most part. Secondary is where all of the athleticism is on the defense. The problem has been tackling.

I also think we see a couple of 30+ yard runs from Idaho State that hurt us a little bit. Our D will be spread out pretty good, so the occasional HB Draw play could work pretty well for them.

I'm predicting that they run alot of screens and draw plays and WR screens! Alot of motion to get us moving around hoping we miss assignments. Gonna look like a MAC offense! Maybe some designed QB runs to see if we closed that gap!

We need to press at the line and blitz off the edge! I don't care how good your secondary is, if you give the QB as much time as we have been giving against a supposedly solid passing team, we could be in for a long day on defense!

Their offense has been described as "video game style." I think we we see some creative plays and formations.

I hope it's the offense that a friend, that doesn't play Madden, uses against you when he does play.

You know, the one where he drops the QB back about 50 yards, and then lets her rip, ToUCHDOWN!

The only difference? This time we get him.