Idaho State Passing

I have the feeling going into this game similar to Louisiana Tech in 1998 when they had a stud QB (Rattay) and WR (Edwards) and that was it. We won fairly easily with a score of 56-27 but LT racked up 590 yards of passing.

Hope I'm wrong.

ummmm if Idaho State even gets half of the 590 yards passing you can expect a complete meltdown here on Huskerboard

I predict that we hold them under 250 yards of passing. Our secondary is actually pretty good in coverages for the most part. Secondary is where all of the athleticism is on the defense. The problem has been tackling.

I also think we see a couple of 30+ yard runs from Idaho State that hurt us a little bit. Our D will be spread out pretty good, so the occasional HB Draw play could work pretty well for them.

I'm predicting that they run alot of screens and draw plays and WR screens! Alot of motion to get us moving around hoping we miss assignments. Gonna look like a MAC offense! Maybe some designed QB runs to see if we closed that gap!

We need to press at the line and blitz off the edge! I don't care how good your secondary is, if you give the QB as much time as we have been giving against a supposedly solid passing team, we could be in for a long day on defense!

Expect Caveman to get turned loose this week. I will also be watching Cooper, Whaley, and Santos closely to see how they play in both coverage and run support. The D needs to take another step in the right direction this week. A step back again could potentially mean bad things for the rest of the season.

I hope they try to throw it about 50 times. Nebraska's secondary hasn't gotten a lot of work so far this season.

I read that's what they do. Throw it 50-60 times a game.

I hope they try to throw it about 50 times. Nebraska's secondary hasn't gotten a lot of work so far this season.

I read that's what they do. Throw it 50-60 times a game.

I hope they don't get more than 70 offensive plays!

Their offense has been described as "video game style." I think we we see some creative plays and formations.

I hope it's the offense that a friend, that doesn't play Madden, uses against you when he does play.

You know, the one where he drops the QB back about 50 yards, and then lets her rip, ToUCHDOWN!

The only difference? This time we get him.

Loved that game! Also for some reason, the DT for the Packers is unblockable in that game. Can't remember who he is but it used to piss me off playing my friend the huge Packers fan.

Their offense has been described as "video game style." I think we we see some creative plays and formations.

I hope it's the offense that a friend, that doesn't play Madden, uses against you when he does play.

You know, the one where he drops the QB back about 50 yards, and then lets her rip, ToUCHDOWN!

Loved that game! Also for some reason, the DT for the Packers is unblockable in that game. Can't remember who he is but it used to piss me off playing my friend the huge Packers fan.

Mattel-FootballI.jpg

Mattel-FootballI.jpg

Tiger-BoJacksonFootballBaseball.jpg

If Idaho State's pass attack is one of those spread passing games that likes to hit the flats, this will be VERY interesting to watch. Bo's defenses have historically struggled against Air Raider-esque offenses, and UCLA tore through us again and again with those swing passes.

Idaho State surely is facing a serious talent gap today, but it will still be reassuring for us Husker fans if Nebraska is able to avoid getting exploited in this aspect of the game.