Possible candidates for Osborne successor?

The OWH has listed possible candidates for the AD position. They include:

Trev Alberts, AD at the University of Nebraska, Omaha

Greg Byrne, AD, University of Arizona

Joe Castiglione, AD, University of Oklahoma

John Cook, Head Coach, University of Nebraska, Volleyball

Paul Meyers, Associate athletic director for the Huskers Athletic Fund

Jamie Pollard, Director of Athletics at Iowa State University

Dave Rimington, President of the Boomer Esiason Foundation

Jamie Williams, Huskers' associate athletic director of diversity and leadership initiatives

Who do you like? I would like to see either Trev Alberts, John Cook, Dave Rimington, or Jamie Williams get the position. I want someone with deep ties to the University of Nebraska. No outsider for me.

To me Paul Meyers has the local connections that will make his job easier and make for a smoother transition. I have met Trav Alberts and know him to be a good guy. The way the transition at UNO was handled leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe (probably) it was handled as well as possible and Trev's hands were tied. Rimmington I don't think has lived in the state for 20 years or more. Jamie W may have lots of potential but he is relatively new at his position and still green.

I vote for coach Cook as we have become pretty good friends. But would have no problems with Trev getting a shot.

I do not see other AD's leaving their programs to come here, but who knows.

I think we are a while off on this happening either way, at least a month. Many names will surface

Spoiler alert: Look closely at Jamie Williams's wiki page, lol.

http://en.wikipedia....rican_football)

Congrats to Jamie Williams! (Swear to god, wasn't me)

Okay, before it disappears, here is what it says:

Williams will be named the next Athletic Director, predecessor of Dr. Tom Osborne, for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

Betchya anything tschu actually did write that. :lol:

I just love Weird Harold articles like this. I mean really—Joe Castiglione? Is there ANY reason he would leave OU? Their athletic program is in better shape than ours (—right now anyway.) Castiglione is probably more secure at OU than he would be at NU. And I’m sure OU pays more, what with all the oil money down there. Yeah, these OWH speculation lists like this are great. So let me throw out my own equally implausible list, and the qualifications for each candidate:

• Mitt Romney—He’ll be looking for gainful employment come December. And the AD job pays better than Prez, if you count the free tickets and all.
  • Erin Andrews—The token woman candidate. Plus she has great boobs.
  • Warren Buffet—Has a house in Omaha. Wouldn’t need to do fundraising. Just write a check.
  • Sugar Bear Mike—Because Honey Boo Boo needs some new toys. And he has better boobs than Erin Andrews.
  • Bill Belichick—Because he once visited Nebraska. And somebody always suggests him for crap like this.
  • Count Chocula—Because he shows up in October. And has monstrous chocolate flavor.
  • Mike Bohn—He found out how NOT to run an athletic dept by being AD of Colorado.
  • The Ghost of Bob Devaney—Because I believe in ghosts. And he’s more qualified than any of the above.

• Fire 1

Paul Meyers will probably be a front runner. After all, wasnt he the catalyst for the former AD to get his rear end booted out?

Yes he was. His very brief departure was the end of Petersen. I know someone who is a substantial donor and told me a day before the firing the Peterson was getting booted. I said, naw, no way. He said watch. Paul Meyers just quit and now sh#t's hittin the fan. Epic day.

As far as Trev Alberts goes I think to say his hands were tied with the UNO situation is a pretty safe assumption. Maybe it wasnt handled the best but regardless, you think a guy of his competitive nature and football background and success would do away with a football and national champion wrestling program just to feed his ego?

• Fire 2