Ciante Evans asked to cover Abbrederis

According to the LJS and Paps, Evans asked to cover Abbrederis in the 2nd half. Whether Wisky stopped calling his number or Evans shut him down, he was held to only 2 touches in the 2nd half.

Great job by Evans stepping up and Paps allowing him to.

Read more here.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2012/wisconsin/nebraska-defense-got-stronger-against-wisconsin/article_9a2da667-7d5f-56eb-8726-6496cc8f1d1e.html

• Fire 2

Major props to Ciante for taking the initiative to ask for a chance to make an impact on the team. That's what a leader does. That is the mind set of a great player.

Every person on that team, whether offense or defense should take that kind of attitude.

I heard that even after Thad Randle went down with his injury, he kept chomping at the coaches to put him back in. Granted, i think it was the right thing to keep him out and re-evaluate that knee later. I still like the fire that he wanted back onto the field.

Gotta give Ciante some respect. He used to be one of my favorite guys to pick on and I thought he was the second coming of Anthony West, but thus far he has stepped his game up and played well. I love that he asked to cover Abbrederis. It really shows how far his confidence has come and you can really tell in his game. Ciante went from moving frantically and panicky to moving with purpose. Ciante has the potential to be a leader in this secondary and after what happened last night, it just cements the fact.

From a former critic, you've improved greatly, Ciante. Well done. THIS is why you bust your ass in the offseason...to make strides like this, to take one of the best receivers in the conference out of the game.

Didnt Fonzie do something similar against Blackmon two years ago?

IIRC he asked, but was denied.

He was not. Prince was getting beat with Weeden hitting Blackmon by underthrowing the ball and letting Blackmon come back to it in the first half, Fonzie asked for a shot at him in the 2nd half, he got it and shut Blackmon down.

I love Ciante on the outside, I have no idea why they keep trying to put him at Nickel. I would MUCH rather see Ciante on the outside and have either Seisay or Harvey Jackson in the Nickel.

Gotta give Ciante some respect. He used to be one of my favorite guys to pick on and I thought he was the second coming of Anthony West, but thus far he has stepped his game up and played well. I love that he asked to cover Abbrederis. It really shows how far his confidence has come and you can really tell in his game. Ciante went from moving frantically and panicky to moving with purpose. Ciante has the potential to be a leader in this secondary and after what happened last night, it just cements the fact.

From a former critic, you've improved greatly, Ciante. Well done. THIS is why you bust your ass in the offseason...to make strides like this, to take one of the best receivers in the conference out of the game.

I'm sure hell fell relieved that you approve of what he did. amazing that you fell these kids don't understand this already. There not as stupid as the fans are. :hmmph

I'm sure hell fell relieved that you approve of what he did. amazing that you fell these kids don't understand this already. There not as stupid as the fans are. :hmmph

lolwut.jpg

• Fire 1

lolwut.jpg

:LOLtartar

Didnt Fonzie do something similar against Blackmon two years ago?

IIRC he asked, but was denied.

He was not. Prince was getting beat with Weeden hitting Blackmon by underthrowing the ball and letting Blackmon come back to it in the first half, Fonzie asked for a shot at him in the 2nd half, he got it and shut Blackmon down.

I love Ciante on the outside, I have no idea why they keep trying to put him at Nickel. I would MUCH rather see Ciante on the outside and have either Seisay or Harvey Jackson in the Nickel.

Correct. Though I cant recall exactly if it was Fonzie that asked or if the coaches just made the adjustment, but Fonz was more physical than Prince and they decided to use that to keep Blackmon from getting as clean of releases, and it worked. But I like the fact of a player coming forward demanding a challenge alot better.