Shawn Eichorst

Apparently, he wasn't well like at Miami because he didn't fund raise well, and he wasn't a good face of the program. Also, apparently all he did was bunker down in the AD, fire people he didn't like, and hire his friends. This according to interviews on 1620, USC. Harv only interviewed 2 external candidates, and he gave this guy a top 10 (in the country) salary for an athletic director?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like it, this sounds too much like a former AD we had.........

I read the he increased the Hurricane Club at Miami by over 500 members in one year, and that the school president is really disappointed that he is leaving.

i didn't hear the interview, but I know the media had not been granted interviews for several months. Which given the mess than Shapiro put the department in, is not that surprising. But I could see it leaving an ax to grind with reporters in the area.

If I'm taking the accounts of one reporter, or Barry Alvarez, I'll take the later's opinion.

And while I'd love to see Men's Volleyball be a sport at DoNU, the Title IX concerns probably won't let it happen.

Ice Hockey, on the other hand, is entirely doable, and is more of a rising star in college athletics than baseball. Plus, there's women's hockey, so you can alleviate any Title IX concerns by simply fielding a women's team, and making sure you roll those costs into the men's program, as it's the price to do proverbial business in the sport.

And while I'd love to see Men's Volleyball be a sport at DoNU, the Title IX concerns probably won't let it happen.

Ice Hockey, on the other hand, is entirely doable, and is more of a rising star in college athletics than baseball. Plus, there's women's hockey, so you can alleviate any Title IX concerns by simply fielding a women's team, and making sure you roll those costs into the men's program, as it's the price to do proverbial business in the sport.

Hockey needs a big donation, its a very expensive sport. I have been thinking about what exactly a new AD would need to do first at NU. NU is at the bottom in terms of sports teams in the B1G. I was thinking a men's soccer team could be kinda cool with natural rivals at Creighton and UNO.

I really don't see a need to add sports. Right now, we have some major construction projects going on between the East Stadium (and the marketing to fill those seats and suites), basketball arena (moving the team there and the marketing around it), switching Devaney over to VB (and the marketing around that). Right now, I think that needs to be his major focus. He needs to be acclimated to our state and culture.

I don't see any major coaching changes or major changes in direction of programs. He needs to get up to speed at the direction TO has the department moving in and build on that.

• Fire 1