Bo has not won one big game

Michigan State and Penn State were big games last year. If we were on the losing end of those games they'd be on your list of big games we didn't win.

Because people thought we were going to go in and win those games. That is what I am trying to say...durr. We lose to teams we thought we were going to lose to (and never win those kinds of games) and we also lose a handful of games where most people think we should win.

look, right now bo is not performing as well as we want, nor as well as i think he knows he can. he is still putting together good seasons. let him work on and figure out how to take that next step. all these threads and fans freaking out is ridiculous. being the best is not easy, otherwise everyone would be. yes, it is unacceptable that we are getting blown out. but it seems ridiculous to criticize a first time head coach who is producing 8-9 win seasons at this point in his career. everyone needs to calm down, keep some faith, and enjoy the ride.

As much as I hate the thought of 8-9 wins as the new NU, I have to agree. Firing anyone would set us back another 10 years. Bo is at a crossroads IMO. NOt saying to fire guys, BUT there are many changes Bo could make that don't call for heads to roll. Swallow his pride, admit what he is doing isn't working and go back to the drawing board and figure out a way to win. IMO, we have the O to win, mistakes aside. You really can't argue with the success we have had on that side considering the injuries to Rex, Moore and Klachko quitting and a OL starting 3 former walk-ons and a converted DL at center.

The main problem is Bo is relatively new at coaching. Throw in his "inner circle" has one year as a DC and two as an OC and you have a recipe for disaster. Paps came up under Bo. Bo goes to him and says "what do you think we can do". Bo is perplexed and Paps training/learning has been with Bo. IMO, he probably doesn't exactly have a library of experiences to pull from. Same with Beck. IMO, he really didn't do much at KU other than signal in pass plays. Hard to really create something new when you do not have a lot of experience to pull from.

The next 2 weeks and NW will be telling for me. I think if we do not see a much better, fundamentally sound program as well as scheme and personnel changes, Bo might be on an increasingly hot seat. If he does not changes and lose, it goes into Bo is stubborn and more concerned with the "system" or "procedure" than results. IMO, it would be better to see some noticeable changes on D in personnel and scheme and lose than see the same old crap we have for several years and lose. If a guy has a RS and can contribute, burn it. If a guys has a mental relapse during the game sit him. Simply the scheme and simplify the Offense (take pressure off Martinez) and see what happens. KISS principle. Keep It Short and Simple. Put the athletes on the field. An out of position David, IMO, will always outshine a knowledgeable Player X.

• Fire 1

look, right now bo is not performing as well as we want, nor as well as i think he knows he can. he is still putting together good seasons. let him work on and figure out how to take that next step. all these threads and fans freaking out is ridiculous. being the best is not easy, otherwise everyone would be. yes, it is unacceptable that we are getting blown out. but it seems ridiculous to criticize a first time head coach who is producing 8-9 win seasons at this point in his career. everyone needs to calm down, keep some faith, and enjoy the ride.

As much as I hate the thought of 8-9 wins as the new NU, I have to agree. Firing anyone would set us back another 10 years. Bo is at a crossroads IMO. NOt saying to fire guys, BUT there are many changes Bo could make that don't call for heads to roll. Swallow his pride, admit what he is doing isn't working and go back to the drawing board and figure out a way to win. IMO, we have the O to win, mistakes aside. You really can't argue with the success we have had on that side considering the injuries to Rex, Moore and Klachko quitting and a OL starting 3 former walk-ons and a converted DL at center.

The main problem is Bo is relatively new at coaching. Throw in his "inner circle" has one year as a DC and two as an OC and you have a recipe for disaster. Paps came up under Bo. Bo goes to him and says "what do you think we can do". Bo is perplexed and Paps training/learning has been with Bo. IMO, he probably doesn't exactly have a library of experiences to pull from. Same with Beck. IMO, he really didn't do much at KU other than signal in pass plays. Hard to really create something new when you do not have a lot of experience to pull from.

The next 2 weeks and NW will be telling for me. I think if we do not see a much better, fundamentally sound program as well as scheme and personnel changes, Bo might be on an increasingly hot seat. If he does not changes and lose, it goes into Bo is stubborn and more concerned with the "system" or "procedure" than results. IMO, it would be better to see some noticeable changes on D in personnel and scheme and lose than see the same old crap we have for several years and lose. If a guy has a RS and can contribute, burn it. If a guys has a mental relapse during the game sit him. Simply the scheme and simplify the Offense (take pressure off Martinez) and see what happens. KISS principle. Keep It Short and Simple. Put the athletes on the field. An out of position David, IMO, will always outshine a knowledgeable Player X.

I like your points completey 100%!

All I am saying is you see teams upsetting teams like NC State over FSU and Florida over LSU. We have not beaten a team ranked higher than us on the road. And have only beaten one team ranked higher than us at home in 5 years. Yes, we lack big wins. And I am not national championship or bust. But when you can't win a big 12 championship, and you lose to teams like Washington, UCLA, Northwestern, Iowa State, Texas Tech. (teams that we should not throttle, but handle) yes it is disappointing.

I am the first person to tell people that we are not and will not be national championship material for awhile, but cmon. And STL Husker fan, We beat Oklahoma in Lincoln if I recall on a certain double reverse pass back in 2001, and beat a damn good Kansas State team that year too. Solich got us to a National title in 4 years, so do not compare him to BO. You are ridiculous to think Bo is a better coach than Frank. Look what Frank did to Ohio (undefeated).

And you look ridiculous evening mentioning the 2001 BCS title game appearance. We didn't belong there. I was at that game and we got f'ing embarassed by a far superior team.

Nebraska under Pelini has won some "big" games, but have also lost some "small" games. For the last two years, any road game has become a "big" game. Nebraska has looked exceedingly bad in most road games, especially in games against team with similar or better talent. Last year's game against Penn State really doesn't count...Penn State was in shock last year.

Nebraska has talent. But for some reason, Nebraska's players are shook up, even intimidated, on the road. They make silly mistakes, commit stupid penalties, blow assignments, commit stupid turnovers...they are tight, nervous, perhaps even scared. The physical difference between Ohio State and Nebraska was slight, but the mental difference was vast. Ohio State players KNEW that they were going to beat Nebraska badly, and Nebraska's players gave in to that feeling.

63 points...think about that for a minute. I believe that OSU scored every time they had the ball in the second half. Simple running plays were impossible to stop. The last score was on a basic off-tackle run that the back wasn't touched on. Nebraska didn't merely lose, they were absolutely embarrassed and humiliated...and didn't seem that upset or surprised.

Is it a lack of pride? Is it a lack of confidence? Or is it a lack of mental toughness...the kind of determination that makes competitive people refuse to be humiliated? At some point in time, the players have to step up and just get tough. Pelini can't play the game for them...he can"t go out and block and he can't go out and tackle.

It's hard for me to not be frustrated here when I went to Vtech 09'...Cowboys stadium both times...Drove to A&M...Drove to Michigan...And flew to Ohio this past weekend. I barely get disappointed anymore because it's what I expect our team to do is lose these games.

Sounds like you need to make some adjustments yourself and quit going to away games!

I kinda know how you feel -- A&M, Wisky and UCLA for me. It's a lot more disappointing when you invest the time and money to go to an away game and they get blown out.

I like Bo Pelini, and I am not ready to fire him just yet by any means. Give him the rest of this year, but if he flops with an easy schedule next year it may be time to boot him. He just has not done much for the program besides restore it from a coach who had no business being in the state of Nebraska in the first place. What big games has Bo won. I look at schedules.

2008- Had a nice chance to win at Texas Tech, but couldn't get it done. We beat a Clemson team that was 7-6 at the time (not a big win).

2009- lost to Iowa State and Texas Tech. As well as a game where we completely outplayed Virginia Tech. Oh yeah and that Texas game. Won against Oklahoma who didn't have Sam Bradford and was playing for virtually nothing (not a big win).

2010-Lost to a horrible Texas team at home. Beat a sixth ranked Missouri team, but honestly since when has Missouri been considered a program changing or big win at all, we also played them at home. Then if you consider that game a good win, we almost went out and stubbed our toe at Iowa State the weekend after. Lost at A&M, against Oklahoma, and to Washington. 2 of those 3 could be considered very inexcusable.

2011- Michigan, Wisconsin, South Carolina, and Northwestern. Beat teams we were suppose to lost to a team we shouldn't have.

2012- UCLA, Ohio State, and Wisconsin is dreadful. If wee lose Wisconsin, how many people are calling for Bo's head this week?

This is the state of our program. We have not had one big win since Frank Solich was here. Plain and simple. We all know it.

tumblr_lasmpzzeeO1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

We beat a 6th ranked team and you want to consider that not a big win because of the name of the opponent and we played at home and other games that had nothing to do with it?

What about also ranked Oklahoma State? There are more I think that I'm not thinking of...We have had more big wins under Bo Pelini than for years under the previous regime.

I love how this has become a big one for our program, no we haven't had big wins under Bo, we haven't won anything other than a couple joke Big 12 North titles, we beat an outrageously overrated Missouri team in Lincoln. We beat Oklahoma State in Stillwater a week after losing to a bad Texas team in Lincoln. We haven't won a big game by Nebraska standards since 2001 Oklahoma?

• Fire 1

All I am saying is you see teams upsetting teams like NC State over FSU and Florida over LSU. We have not beaten a team ranked higher than us on the road. And have only beaten one team ranked higher than us at home in 5 years. Yes, we lack big wins. And I am not national championship or bust. But when you can't win a big 12 championship, and you lose to teams like Washington, UCLA, Northwestern, Iowa State, Texas Tech. (teams that we should not throttle, but handle) yes it is disappointing.

I am the first person to tell people that we are not and will not be national championship material for awhile, but cmon. And STL Husker fan, We beat Oklahoma in Lincoln if I recall on a certain double reverse pass back in 2001, and beat a damn good Kansas State team that year too. Solich got us to a National title in 4 years, so do not compare him to BO. You are ridiculous to think Bo is a better coach than Frank. Look what Frank did to Ohio (undefeated).

And how long did that take?

How long has Bo been at this?