What are Your Expectations??

No more than 3 losses in a year.

Top 20 finishes every season.

Top 10 finishes 1 in 3 years.

Always ranked.

Do not lose in embarrassing fashion. Losses happen. blow outs should never happen.

Conference titles at least twice a decade. With champ games they are harder to get, but 2 in 10 years should happen. This 13 year drought is ridiculous.

The Blackshirts should mean something. A tough, sound defense that is feared by opponents again.

Win at least 9, if not 10 games a year

Be in the hunt for the CCG each year with at least a .500 record in said games

Be ranked in the top 10 or 15 in recruiting (probably most far fetched)

Of the games we lose, being able to see that we fought to the bitter end and it was close

and, maybe most importantly for me...

Have our opponents be afraid of us again. Our opponents looking at the schedule, dreading having to play us...

• Fire 1

The year actually went better than I expected. We won some we most likely should not have, lost one we could have won and the regular blow out loss or two.

I think it is from the total inexperience of the coaching staff. I know it takes time, but the question is do we have the time. Recruiting is hit and miss it seems, we can not seem to get both sides of the ball up and ready.

The kids tried hard this year, but in honesty I expect next year to be worse unless we bring in some stud JUCO kids for the defense.

Of the games we lose, being able to see that we fought to the bitter end and it was close

Have our opponents be afraid of us again. Our opponents looking at the schedule, dreading having to play us...

+1 Haven't thought about this much, until now. Thx walks.

I do not have expectations, as that word is generally defined.

I have hopes.

My hopes are the same as the "expectations" Dr. Tom had for his teams:

That the team will play to its potential, that the players will also play to THEIR potential, play their BEST game every time. And should we lose, know that we played our best and the better team won. I still believe that if we can accomplish those simple things, we will usually win.

If we are playing at our best and still not winning, we need to look to better recruiting or game planning. We have not played to our best, for the most part, for quite some time. When I see glimpses of it, we shine, and I have great hope. So far, though, for too many years, that is all we have had. Glimpses of greatness.

Regardless of talent or coaches ... I expect hard working folks who care about what they do on and off the field. I desire people of excellence who give their best, work hard, play with intensity and discipline while playing smart, hard nosed football.

Thank you... + everything I've got.

I will jump in this one as I am a Husker fan second. My wife's family are all Huskers, from Omaha.

I don't think it is unrealistic to expect, with the Big Red tradition and history:

• Compete for the conference championship every year. By that I mean if not play in the conference championship game, be the team to beat in getting there.
  • Field at least one All American at some level annually
  • Be a top 25 team every year
  • Go to a solid bowl game every year
  • Have a recruiting class to get excited about every year
  • Win the games that should be won, and some that shouldn't
  • Be able every year to truly say, "If we play to our ability, we can beat anybody."
  • Just be able to get excited about every game that is coming up, that's what it's all about anyway.

+1 Haven't thought about this much, until now. Thx walks.

np HT, but think about it...

Those TO teams of the 80's and 90's, think about how much the opposing teams were just thinking, "oh sweet baby 6lbs 12oz jesus, we have to play them"...

I would like to see us over the next ten years,

Avg 9.5 wins

Compete in B1G ccg 5or6 times

Be one of the 4 teams selected for N/C playoffs, 3or4 times

10 years of bowl games

Pipe line rebuilt

Black Shirts handed out before season starts. The coaches should know by the start of the season what they have. Let the coaches show them they have

confidence in them. Then maybe we will have the vocal and leadership type players we have been missing.

GBR!!!

Expectation? Or requirements? When we have 10 win season, and people are talking about firing coaches because that aint good enough, it makes me feel that better than 10 wins and championships are viewed as a requirement, and theyre not. I have just as high of expectations as anyone here. Conference Championships. In the NC talk and so on. But when we win 9-10 games regardless how ugly all wins and losses are, I dont have any justification for getting rid of a coach that has done that in all 5 years. It's ludicrous. That consistency is not worth the risk for me on the chance that we go through 5-10 years of Callahans before we find that 1 year of lightening in the bottle.

The main reason I said what I said is because in backing Bo's position to this day, I think many view me as one who has lowered expectations and has accepted mediocrity, and that's not true.

Ask me how I think the team will do next year and I will not be like some that say "7-5" or "8-4". I read plenty of that last offseason. I chuckle at the folks that say "what have you seen from Pelini that suggests he will do better". I ask you, what have you seen that suggests he will do worse. Teams go through down years. If teams got better year after year after year, and never "regressed" for a year or too, could you imagine what this program would be like now since '97? It's just my thoughts on the matter.

In ending, to anwer the op question, they are.......

10+ wins.

3 conference championships-as competitive as things are, this to me is reasonable-every 3 years.