What are Your Expectations??

I would like to be able to believe at the beginning of every season that the Huskers have a chance to win every game on the schedule. If it gets to the point where the idea that Nebraska could go unbeaten seems wholely unlikely, then it's time to change course. Right now, I am at the tipping point in my thinking because two of the team's losses this year and two of the team's losses last year were non-competitive blow outs. The more this happens, the more we would have to amend our thinking as fans into assuming that losses are not likely, they're virtually guaranteed.

This is incorrect. The only non-competitive game we've played the last two years was in the championship game against Wisconsin.

I would like to be able to believe at the beginning of every season that the Huskers have a chance to win every game on the schedule. If it gets to the point where the idea that Nebraska could go unbeaten seems wholely unlikely, then it's time to change course. Right now, I am at the tipping point in my thinking because two of the team's losses this year and two of the team's losses last year were non-competitive blow outs. The more this happens, the more we would have to amend our thinking as fans into assuming that losses are not likely, they're virtually guaranteed.

This is incorrect. The only non-competitive game we've played the last two years was in the championship game against Wisconsin.

tOSU 2012

Mich 2011

Wisky 2011

Those were curb stomping losses

tOSU 2012

Mich 2011

Wisky 2011

Those were curb stomping losses

I'll give you Wisconsin 2011, even though we were still plenty in the game going into the 2nd half, but the Michigan and OSU games we were in position over halfway through the third quarter to either take the lead or be down one score. Hardly what I would call non-competitive.

Win at least 9, if not 10 games a year

Be in the hunt for the CCG each year with at least a .500 record in said games

Be ranked in the top 10 or 15 in recruiting (probably most far fetched)

Of the games we lose, being able to see that we fought to the bitter end and it was close

and, maybe most importantly for me...

Have our opponents be afraid of us again. Our opponents looking at the schedule, dreading having to play us...

+1 Haven't thought about this much, until now. Thx walks.

np HT, but think about it...

Those TO teams of the 80's and 90's, think about how much the opposing teams were just thinking, "oh sweet baby 6lbs 12oz jesus, we have to play them"...

Most of those teams just wanted to get out of those games with minimal injuries. Most of those teams knew they would lose and just tried to keep the game respectful.

I have now lowered my expectations after the big 10 title game. I just want to get to a bowl so we can have the extra practice. Every few years i hope to see a season where we dont give up 60+ points twice. I am fine with once a season because that would be an improvement.

Wait.....what did i just say? Oh.....my.....god.........I have become a Cyclown fan.

I hear ya. I am so sick of this happening twice, EVERY DARN YEAR. ughggh

A group of kids that hold themselves to high academic and moral standards. A team that, unlike their fans, can look past football and see the big picture. Kids that will use their education instead of being a PE teacher, or dead beat ESPN analyst. A program that produces Academic All Americans with legitament majors. Nobody likes their team getting blown out but look how often Nebraska did that back in the day. Maybe it's just karma catching up to us. Nebraska still has a winning tradition and if you look past the score board there has been great improvment and Nebraska is well on it's way to becoming a consistant top 10 program again. No use sitting here bi*ching that a team that wins 9 games a season is mediocre.

Husker Board coaching geniuses going to jump down my throat in 3... 2.... 1.

• Fire 1

A group of kids that hold themselves to high academic and moral standards. A team that, unlike their fans, can look past football and see the big picture. Kids that will use their education instead of being a PE teacher, or dead beat ESPN analyst. A program that produces Academic All Americans with legitament majors. Nobody likes their team getting blown out but look how often Nebraska did that back in the day. Maybe it's just karma catching up to us. Nebraska still has a winning tradition and if you look past the score board there has been great improvment and Nebraska is well on it's way to becoming a consistant top 10 program again. No use sitting here bi*ching that a team that wins 9 games a season is mediocre.

Husker Board coaching geniuses going to jump down my throat in 3... 2.... 1.

I'm no genius. +1 to you sir.

Simple: Be competitive. I'm not going to state a number of wins or anything, as the way the team plays says a lot more about them than the W/L record. We're a top tier school and we should act like it, which means being competitive with the big dogs. There are only a handful of teams in the B1G that have any real business beating us in any given year, so making it to the CCG should be about the minimum standard. I know that might not happen every year, but we should always be in the hunt, and ready to kick some ass next year if it doesn't happen.