Interesting Article

bbhusker

Pretty much what I and many others have reiterated over and over. Year 5 is tough. The veterans youre relying in that 5th year are your first recruting classes which were probably not so great due to being the new coach at said program (exempting schools in the talent hotbeds of course) I honestly dont know if benching the older guys would work or not, because I'm not at the practices, but I would assume that it probably wouldnt be much better if any at all then what we're seeing now on defense.

Great food for thought. Still not a fan, but do not want him fired at this point, just want to see the improvements all want to see. Not talking wins or losses, just preperation, atttention to recruiting, and truly a vast improvement in his dealing with people, be it media or players. I think he can do it.

Pretty much what I and many others have reiterated over and over. Year 5 is tough. The veterans youre relying in that 5th year are your first recruting classes which were probably not so great due to being the new coach at said program (exempting schools in the talent hotbeds of course) I honestly dont know if benching the older guys would work or not, because I'm not at the practices, but I would assume that it probably wouldnt be much better if any at all then what we're seeing now on defense.

I'm a Pelini supporter, but I'm not gonna sit around and try to make too many idiotic excuses for what's happening right now. None of us have the answer. Hell Bo doesn't even know, how the hell would we? All I know is that Bo needs to examine his approach to coaching defense. If he doesn't make changes and we continue to look like we did on Saturday then that won't be anybody's fault but his own. That said, let's not sit here and look like a babbling bunch of bafoons by completely contradicting the fact that before the season YOU ACCOUNTABILITY AND MANY OTHERS ON THIS BOARD preached that Bo's recruits were all upper class men now. That we had huge number of returning seniors and they were ALL BO'S. Let's not sit here now that things haven't quite worked out and all of a sudden reverse the things we called LOGIC in the past. It just makes people look stupid.

• Fire 1

Regardless how one feels about Bo currently that article des make one feel slightly better. Or at least it gives one a little hope. Hopefully we end up around 9 wins on the season with momentum entering next year. Next years schedule is pretty darn easy in many ways... 10 wins at least is expected.

If Bo can weather this storm, humble himself and figure a way to improve his scheme (or change it), then he stands a good chance to succeed long term at Nebraska.

As for what K-State is doing... Bo Pelini and his staff isn't Bill Snyder and his heavily experienced staff. Wish Bo would follow many of the same football philosophies of Snyder though.

Urban Meyer is the exception to the rule. The majority of major college football head coaches throughout history have needed some time to find their groove. As hard as it is, we just need to show some patience and have this team's 6.

I am not sure that is completely true. His last year at Florida 2010, they were 8-5. That was year 6 for him at Florida. That was also first post Tim Tebow year. What that also proves is that with the right QB for your system you can do great things. UM took one look at Braxton Miller and said that is my Qb that is my next TT.

Urban Meyer is the exception to the rule. The majority of major college football head coaches throughout history have needed some time to find their groove. As hard as it is, we just need to show some patience and have this team's 6.

I am not sure that is completely true. His last year at Florida 2010, they were 8-5. That was year 6 for him at Florida. That was also first post Tim Tebow year. What that also proves is that with the right QB for your system you can do great things. UM took one look at Braxton Miller and said that is my Qb that is my next TT.

True, but that was Urban's 9th season as a HC. The point I was trying to make was for head coaches at their first school being a head coach. But you make a great point yourself, the fact that UM was an accomplished HC at other locations and still had a "down" season in year 6 goes to show that even great coaches can miss on some guys for their first recruiting class at new school.