(2013) PF Matthew Atewe [Auburn Commit]

Here is an interview he gave this week after he announced his March 30th announcement date. He gives positives of each of the schools. It reads as a slight lean to Charlotte then Nebraska in my opinion. Our last in home visit is coming up then Charlotte. Wish we were after them in the in-house timeline.

http://ny2lasports.c...?articleid=1293

*Still the only thing he has posted on his account since his announcement about any of the four schools is that video referenced above with Miles. So I take that as a good sign at least.

The coach he likes at Charlotte is Orlando Vandross, Vandross is an assistant that used to be at Boston University. He's a very good recruiter on the east coast.

With Maryland and Rutgers coming into the league (not to mention potentially schools like Virgina and Carolina) and with a spot on the staff open with the loss of Coleman, why not kill two birds with one stone, hire Vandross away from Charlotte, lock up Atewe and get a good recruiter who can help tap into the Big Ten's new recruiting beds at the same time.

• Fire 1

The coach he likes at Charlotte is Orlando Vandross, Vandross is an assistant that used to be at Boston University. He's a very good recruiter on the east coast.

With Maryland and Rutgers coming into the league (not to mention potentially schools like Virgina and Carolina) and with a spot on the staff open with the loss of Coleman, why not kill two birds with one stone, hire Vandross away from Charlotte, lock up Atewe and get a good recruiter who can help tap into the Big Ten's new recruiting beds at the same time.

I like this idea

This is a very good idea....

I like this idea also. Is he also actually known for being a good coach? Or, is he mostly known as a good recruiter?

Great Twitter exchange between Webster, Atewe, and Hawkins and a Nebraska fan or two. Couldn't be at a better time with the in-home tonight.

1. Robin Washut@RobinWashut 9h
    To those who are worried about the rumors of @Tjawtherula not coming to Nebraska: He will be a Husker. Trust me on this. #Nebrasketball

2. Matthew Atewe@MatthewAtewe41 8h
    @RobinWashut @tjawtherula what u mean?..

Tai Jack Webster@Tjawtherula 6h
    @MatthewAtewe41 @robinwashut of course I am! Only thing holding me back is this SAT hahaha!

Matthew Atewe@MatthewAtewe41 6h

@Tjawtherula hahaha you gotta get that done fam!!

12:53 PM - 25 Mar 13 · Details

Tai Jack Webster@Tjawtherula 5h

1. @MatthewAtewe41 hahaha for real doe!!

kellen raab@azdbacks252003 5h
    @Tjawtherula @MatthewAtewe41 so will this convo mean one side of the dorm room will be NZ the other Canada? #lobcity #gbr #nebrasketball

Tai Jack Webster@Tjawtherula 3h
    @azdbacks252003 @matthewatewe41 I think I'm with my fellow get buckets in abundance getter @TheHawk_3

Nathan Hawkins@TheHawk_3 3h
    @Tjawtherula @azdbacks252003 @MatthewAtewe41 Yessir. But we need a canadian in the mix.

5. Quintin Penner@Gr8WhiteBuff 3h
    Going to be fun watching @Tjawtherula throw oops to @MatthewAtewe41 next year. Sorry. Just couldn't wait until the March 30th announcement.

Great Twitter exchange between Webster, Atewe, and Hawkins and a Nebraska fan or two. Couldn't be at a better time with the in-home tonight.

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 9h
    To those who are worried about the rumors of @Tjawtherula not coming to Nebraska: He will be a Husker. Trust me on this. #Nebrasketball

Matthew Atewe@MatthewAtewe41 8h
    @RobinWashut @tjawtherula what u mean?..

Tai Jack Webster@Tjawtherula 6h
    @MatthewAtewe41 @robinwashut of course I am! Only thing holding me back is this SAT hahaha!

Matthew Atewe@MatthewAtewe41 6h

@Tjawtherula hahaha you gotta get that done fam!!

12:53 PM - 25 Mar 13 · Details

Tai Jack Webster@Tjawtherula 5h

@MatthewAtewe41 hahaha for real doe!!

kellen raab@azdbacks252003 5h
    @Tjawtherula @MatthewAtewe41 so will this convo mean one side of the dorm room will be NZ the other Canada? #lobcity #gbr #nebrasketball

Tai Jack Webster@Tjawtherula 3h
    @azdbacks252003 @matthewatewe41 I think I'm with my fellow get buckets in abundance getter @TheHawk_3

Nathan Hawkins@TheHawk_3 3h
    @Tjawtherula @azdbacks252003 @MatthewAtewe41 Yessir. But we need a canadian in the mix.

Quintin Penner@Gr8WhiteBuff 3h
    Going to be fun watching @Tjawtherula throw oops to @MatthewAtewe41 next year. Sorry. Just couldn't wait until the March 30th announcement.

I normally dont like when people talk to the recruits.. but this got me so damn excited... Clearly Tai and Hawkins are working on Matthew...

I honestly think we can get him... I mean Tai even has a nickname for Atewe... god the future has me so excited.

• Fire 1