Bo Pelini/Antonio Bell Exchange

I don't even see how this is an issue. We get smoked by Michigan next week, lose one that we shouldn't and this nonsense is over by January. Nebraska gets a real coach and Pelini gets to live out his dream of being an actual cave man somewhere. Win-win.

This should be good........................take it easy when you respond everyone.

Also, that's just a straight to ignore list post for me. No need to even respond to it. There isn't a limit on how many ignored users you can have, is there? Putting all the trolls on there really fills it up fast.

I know, there have never been any fiery coaches on the sidelines of successful college football teams, right? We should just hire a robot. A real robot. The Japanese make some now that can run.

Edit - I give you our new coach!

new%20asimo%20honda%20robotics%20humanoid%20robot%20running-1320761467059.jpg

there have been many fiery coaches...cant disagree with you, there . but fiery doesnt necessarily translate to success, just like calm doesnt. TO was calm, Bill snyder is calm.

to me it just doesnt seem to be working, but maybe it will turn around. lets hope so! win or lose, i want us to play well, i want to be proud of us in the way we win or lose . its just seems to jeckyl hyde right now so all you can do is look at the leadsrehip and whether its working...but you make a good point...

I don't even see how this is an issue. We get smoked by Michigan next week, lose one that we shouldn't and this nonsense is over by January. Nebraska gets a real coach and Pelini gets to live out his dream of being an actual cave man somewhere. Win-win.

I dont know guys. I'm sensing sarcasm in this statement. Kind of like me. Saying something stupid with out the sarcasm emotey. Am I right? If not, a big derp for you.

50360e001d41c8769e000026.png

Just like you said, calm doesn't necessarily translate to success, just the same as fiery. Coaching is far more than that. Now that we've cleared that up, a real discussion can be had about our current coach.

I will say again that if you have lost your team, and your kids aren't buying into what you're selling anymore, you don't get comeback wins like we've had. Your team just gives up (which we've seen under Callahan). The team is still playing with passion and intensity for the most part, though I do think they lose focus at times during a game.

I think Pelini actually hit the nail on the head in the interview after the game. It feels like the kids are trying TOO had and are pressing because they want it so bad. And in the end, that's an issue that needs to be addressed by the coaches - it's their job to keep the team intense, but also focused all game and able to channel that intensity into smart, clean football. Right now they're struggling with that.

I dont know guys. I'm sensing sarcasm in this statement. Kind of like me. Saying something stupid with out the sarcasm emotey. Am I right? If not, a big derp for you.

50360e001d41c8769e000026.png

Hi! My names "accountability"! My interests are posting pictures of my children on the internet and acting like a tough guy via the Information Superhighway! Damn glad to meet ya!

If not...a big derp for ya?

I know, there have never been any fiery coaches on the sidelines of successful college football teams, right? We should just hire a robot. A real robot. The Japanese make some now that can run.

there have been many fiery coaches...cant disagree with you, there . but fiery doesnt necessarily translate to success, just like calm doesnt. TO was calm, Bill snyder is calm.

to me it just doesnt seem to be working, but maybe it will turn around. lets hope so! win or lose, i want us to play well, i want to be proud of us in the way we win or lose . its just seems to jeckyl hyde right now so all you can do is look at the leadsrehip and whether its working...but you make a good point...

I agree. I'm much more into seeing this team play well and losing a tough hard fought game, rather than seeing a debacle like what we saw yesterday. The loudest roars from the crowd came when we finally showed we could field a f'ing punt! You can compare our struggle to the Ohio St struggle yesterday if you want. I won't. We didn't score 63 points on Ohio ST and thrash their ass. No vice versa in fact, they thrashed ours. Ohio St. matter of factly has played every Big Ten team close, all except 1. Can you guess which team couldn't keep it close ? So you can talk this crap about firing Urban Meyer cuz' they looked a lot like Nebraska in that Purdue game, but that would only make you look foolish. They are 8-0. They didn't come off a bye week. A bye week in which fundamentals and focus was preached all week.

To come off a bye week and look the way we did yesterday is just unacceptable. Plain and simple. This win, while it is a win, was ugly. Sure we'll take it, but it was not good football except for the defense's bright spots. Why Northwestern didn't utilize Colter at QB hardly at all I will never know. Talk about a poor coaching decision. They were only playing against one of the country's weakest teams against mobile QB's.

This victory can be enjoyed by whoever chooses to. I would move on immediately if I were this team and coaches and go back to the drawing board. Kind of like they should have over the bye week. Either way, we got Michigan in our house next and if it goes anything like it did last year...........ugh, f#*k it.

I agree. I'm much more into seeing this team play well and losing a tough hard fought game, rather than seeing a debacle like what we saw yesterday. The loudest roars from the crowd came when we finally showed we could field a f'ing punt! You can compare our struggle to the Ohio St struggle yesterday if you want. I won't. We didn't score 63 points on Ohio ST and thrash their ass. No vice versa in fact, they thrashed ours. Ohio St. matter of factly has played every Big Ten team close, all except 1. Can you guess which team couldn't keep it close ? So you can talk this crap about firing Urban Meyer cuz' they looked a lot like Nebraska in that Purdue game, but that would only make you look foolish. They are 8-0. They didn't come off a bye week. A bye week in which fundamentals and focus was preached all week.

To come off a bye week and look the way we did yesterday is just unacceptable. Plain and simple. This win, while it is a win, was ugly. Sure we'll take it, but it was not good football except for the defense's bright spots. Why Northwestern didn't utilize Colter at QB hardly at all I will never know. Talk about a poor coaching decision. They were only playing against one of the country's weakest teams against mobile QB's.

This victory can be enjoyed by whoever chooses to. I would move on immediately if I were this team and coaches and go back to the drawing board. Kind of like they should have over the bye week. Either way, we got Michigan in our house next and if it goes anything like it did last year...........ugh, f#*k it.

Couldn't even get past your first sentence. You actually said you would rather us lose, then some how figure out how to win a game like yesterday?

I can say that I thought we were done, after NW got to 28pts. I can't say if we have 3,4,5 turn overs next week, or none, that we still won't win it. I have never seen a Cornhusker team like this one. The highs are so high and the lows, well, can't get any lower. I found myself wanting next season to be here. All Bo's recruits will be starting then, Pap will have a year at D/C, T-Mart as a senior could be special.

Bo's not going to change the way he is on the sidelines, and I hope he doesn't. Bo is still the coach I wanted to see here, when TO hired him. Will he take the Huskers to the next level, I hope he can. Getting hard to figure this team and Bo out.

Husker fans still backed this program through the B/C times, and will now. Just look at the stands yesterday.

Time to get ready for Mich.

GBR!!!

• Fire 1

Bo is completely unraveling and losing it.

He has officially lost this team.

I really didn't want to read all of this, but wanted to say How flipping rediculous these two statements are. Bo, absolutely had the right to chew ass. The player does too but, Bo is the boss and can kick his ass off the team. Kids need to grow up if they can't well then they have to move on. Also, this happens in alot of games by alot of different teams the reason it looks so bad to us is because we aren't winning the way we would like.

• Fire 1

Ohio St. matter of factly has played every Big Ten team close, all except 1. Can you guess which team couldn't keep it close ? So you can talk this crap about firing Urban Meyer cuz' they looked a lot like Nebraska in that Purdue game, but that would only make you look foolish. They are 8-0. They didn't come off a bye week. A bye week in which fundamentals and focus was preached all week.

This is true, but you have to give the defense props on how they played yesterday. Northwestern has put up lots and lots of yards all year, and we only allowed 300. 80 of those came on one play which was played poorly by our LBs, particularly Compton from what I saw.

Yes, there were negatives. But I think we know what we have in the offense. It's an offense that can put up yards and score on anybody. Now if they can quit with the penalties and turnovers, they will be elite. My biggest complaint aside from the turnovers and penalties is Beck. He really did not call a good game yesterday. There is no reason that we can't line up in the I Formation and run it down the other team's throat. In essence, that is what Nebraska is, and that is what works IMO. I don't like the finesse style that we have now.

Back to the topic at hand here. Antonio Bell got called for defensive holding on a Siemian 10yd run for the 1st down. Tack on another 10yds for the penalty. Any coach would be upset about that. Bo did do some jawing at Bell, but we've seen a lot worse. Bell looked like he didn't want to come out of the game and got upset at Bo for taking him out.

Bo did the right thing by taking Bell off the field for the defensive holding call that setup Northwesterns TD. If Bell wants someone to blame for him being pulled off the field, he has no one to blame but himself. Hopefully he learns not to make boneheaded penalties like that and maybe he will earn his spot to keep seeing playing time on the field.

From what I saw, Pelini handled it well. He didn't appear to blow up at Bell, get in his face when Bell flipped out, or anything. I guess some people are wishing he'd pulled a Cheesefries Mangino and grabbed the facemask, yanked his head around, etc?

Agreed. I don't know why people look into this and turn it into a negative. Bell had a NONSENSE penalty, Bo said something to him, which every coach should, and Bell went over board. I hope he has to do some conditioning drills when he gets back to Lincoln for the lack of respect.

If Bo was losing this team, you would see the team give up, and not still play hard. Take away those 3 turnovers, it would have been a different game.

Bo lost the team a long time ago, we constantly are a top team for turnovers. Penalties, turnovers, late subs and unprepared players so we have to call timeouts. Bo doesn't have it, he's got one more year and then he's gone.

I wish someone would post this exchange on youtube. Just finished rewatching it on the BTN replay. TALK ABOUT MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Jeez! I was expecting a knock down drag out with spit flying and a raging Bell being dragged off. What I saw was Bo pointing at Bell from 4 or 5 feet away and it did look like all he said was something like "That's on you" and exasperated Bell complains/defends him self and a few assistants gently guide him away .. touching him on the elbow with an open hand and the crowd opens up and Bell walks behind the line. Later a few players are shown talking to Bell, either giving him advice or calming him down. I mean WOW! What some people think they see.