Bill Snyder vs. Tom Osborne - Who's the better coach?

ESPY

Let the record show that Tom Osborne was 8-0 against Bill Snyder.

This shouldn't even be a topic for discussion.

about the time osborne retired, is when Snyder came into his own. also, his first 5 years at a ksu program that he'd spent most of my lifetime at 2-10 steadily improved. Tom inherited a good program, snyder did not. what is impressive, by year 5 snyder is 9-2, with his program and recruits coming on line. he is a bad few minutes away from playing for a nc.

I still think Osborne is 1 of the greats of all time(better than snyder) for his NC's and the shear amount of years he coached, the work he has done as AD and even his political contribution, but that was also a differenrt time, snyder has primarily done this in the modern era..., its hard to argue Snyder isn't also becoming a great coach. I dont think he could beat FL or Alabama in a nc because of their athletes,, but he has a solid repeatable process of excellence and a great chess strategist of the game...and btw, im not a fan of KSU

i think if snyder came here 5 years ago, its uncomfortable to contemplate where we'd be right now. he is getting older and learned a lot in lfe, Bo hopefully will be in the same place someday...

Snyder, in my opinion, is the best coach in the country right now. He's a living legend.

But he's no Tom Osborne.

If Snyder could win anything of substance-Conference championship, national championship, bowl game, anything-The nod would have to go to him. Yes, he won a conference title in 2003, but followed that up with 2 losing seasons and temporarty retirement. Bill Snyder is a great coach, and Kansas St better savor these FEW years, because they will be right back in the toilet where they belong when he calls it quits again.

So in ending, My honest opinion is Osborne, very VERY slightly, only because he got over the hump and never had that massive letdown.

Are you serious? Is this a real thread? Is this real life? Are you kidding me?

f#*k you. Do you know how disrespectful this sh#t is?

This is coming from someone who has two cousins that play for K-state. I've even told them numerous times how lucky they are to play for a great coach in Snyder. But snyder can't hold TO's jock strap. Get all the way the f#*k outta here.

• Fire 1

Tom Osborne is the better coach.. and the original... Nothing is better than the original... .... But I got to give Bill credit though. He was smart enough to copy Tom. And he built his teams by running Tom's offense, and continues today to do it, by makeing it physical....... Bill McCartney copied Tom too, and he won a national championship doing it that way. Then for some strange reason Bill McCartney decided that finesse and throwing the ball was the future offense, and Coloardo hasnt been back since........ running a finesse offense is a sign of doom! And thats exactly the road we are on now.. Because we are going no where but down

Are you serious? Is this a real thread? Is this real life? Are you kidding me?

f#*k you. Do you know how disrespectful this sh#t is?

This is coming from someone who has two cousins that play for K-state. I've even told them numerous times how lucky they are to play for a great coach in Snyder. But snyder can't hold TO's jock strap. Get all the way the f#*k outta here.

Account suspended for three (3) days for the personal attack.

Personally I go with Tom, but Coach Osborne has never faced the situations that Coach Snyder did and and has done again. When Coach Snyder took over KSU, they were weekly in the bottom ten of college football, numerous long losing streaks. In years when Tom was setting a top the National rankings, little old KState would rattle our cages. Talent for talent Nebraska has had better, coaching face to face Tom has the wins, but I think numerous times he was out coached by Coach Snyder. He is a great man, I wish I had had the opportunity to meet him. I have nothing but admiration for him. It would be hard to find to better coaches and two better people. I am glad we got to see them coach and witness what both brought to their programs.

I am hoping with all my heart the KSU wins the BCS National Championship this year. If they do, it will be because a great coach led them there.

Tom #1

Bill #1A

Tom Osborne is the better coach. He proved it many times when beating Bill Snyder. I think Tom could come back in right now, and take this team to the top. (Tom and the Legend Charlie McBride). That said, Bill Snyder to me is probably right behind Tom as two of the greatest ever. I respect the hell out of that guy. I really don't like Kansas State, but I have always admired Bill Snyder and what he can do with a football team. Sound, fundamental football.