You play like you practice.

Bye Bye, Nebraska also dodged several worthy penalties last night, which more than make up for the ones you deem questionable. Alonzo Whaley blatantly picked up and slammed a Michigan defender into the ground after a play had been blown dead - nobody saw it, no penalty called, but that's one of several examples I can think of. From where I was I didn't have a great view of the penalties that happened, and although I admit there were some questionably iffy calls, I think Nebraska needs to do a much better job of not getting themselves in those situations. Don't put yourself in a position to be called for targeting, don't touch a wide receiver's arm (they'll call this every time), and if you're Pelini, argue a point legitimately instead of costing your team 15 yards! Bad call or not, how can Pelini expect his team to be disciplined when he himself isn't disciplined enough to avoid a penalty?

In nearly 20 years of watching college football, I only remember an unsportsmanlike conduct being called on a coach 3 times. Bo vs. MSU in 2003, Bo vs. Va. Tech in 2008, and last night. And I love it because every single one was him getting fired up after a very poor call by officials. He's behind his players 110%.

%

In nearly 20 years of watching college football, I only remember an unsportsmanlike conduct being called on a coach 3 times. Bo vs. MSU in 2003, Bo vs. Va. Tech in 2008, and last night. And I love it because every single one was him getting fired up after a very poor call by officials. He's behind his players 110%.

%

I don't think anyone can deny Pelini has his player's backs, but this kind of behavior is exactly the problem that keeps us from being a championship winning team. How can a coach expect disciplined play if he can't keep himself disciplined?

%

I don't think anyone can deny Pelini has his player's backs, but this kind of behavior is exactly the problem that keeps us from being a championship winning team. How can a coach expect disciplined play if he can't keep himself disciplined?

We'll come back to this if we win the big ten. Michigan was just as guilty of starting those scrums as we were. I think that intensity really focused the team and they played with real fire. I'd rather have that instead of playing gentlemanly like a lot of us want and have no penalties called on us. The we not put yourself in a position to get the penalty called on you argument is bunk too. There's a difference between blatantly committing a penalty and heat of the moment things. You have to understand that football isn't played in slow motion, those plays happen in a flash.

Measureing stick......... Michigan got throttled by Alabama, That Michigan team also had a healthy Dennard, and it was at a nuetral site............. Not sure how you can really compare it, but? Basically Nebraska played against Michigans second team, in the second half... While many may consider this a worthy win... I dont.... The Reason? imagine if we had a studded d-fense all the time., that was able to shut teams down, like we did with Michigan tonite..(asterik no Dennard) We still stink offensively, how can anyone argue this? Big deal about being ranked 6th in rushing.. Those yards all came against dud teams.(I am tired of mentioning this). Our offense is not good!! Because? We are weak. Nebraska has absolutely no power game with these guys from Ohio.. This very same thing is happening to Oklahoma,(and where are those guys from?) Because they are geared the same way as we are.

I still think we are lucky to win this game.... It could have been very easily the other way. All this game told me was, We got miles to go yet..

I disagree.

IMO, we would have won with Dennard in the game. They had a total of like 70 yards at half-time. There is NO way to say that the outcome would have been different with him in there.

Well you can certainly say that Michigan had a helluva lot better chance with Dennard, than without him.. .... Bellomy only completed 2 passes... And the strategy on defense completely changed......we were able to blitz him. Nebraska may have won, with Dennard in there but to say we would have won for sure, is total BS. Because Dennard is a helluva lot better than that guy that replaced him.. And? This Nebraska team has tons of miles to go to be even considered to be at Alabama's level. If you ask me? The ground between Alabama, is wideing at an alarming rate...

I disagree.

IMO, we would have won with Dennard in the game. They had a total of like 70 yards at half-time. There is NO way to say that the outcome would have been different with him in there.

Well you can certainly say that Michigan had a helluva lot better chance with Dennard, than without him.. .... Bellomy only completed 2 passes... And the strategy on defense completely changed......we were able to blitz him. Nebraska may have won, with Dennard in there but to say we would have won for sure, is total BS. Because Dennard is a helluva lot better than that guy that replaced him.. And? This Nebraska team has tons of miles to go to be even considered to be at Alabama's level. If you ask me? The ground between Alabama, is wideing at an alarming rate...

Um, who said anything about be as good as Alabama?? We have along ways to go for anything like that amigo, and if that is what you're waiting for, you will be waiting for years. So try to enjoy what we have right now.

I disagree.

And we are no where near being back to join the elites of college football,,,,,because we got lost in some Ohio neighborhood.... ,We got thousands of miles to go.

I disagree.

Alabama is in a league of their own..Top notch coaching and recruiting. Seasons only half over but if they keep this up, they may be one of the best college teams ever to play the game..behind only our beloved 71 and 95 Huskers

I disagree.

Um, who said anything about be as good as Alabama?? We have along ways to go for anything like that amigo, and if that is what you're waiting for, you will be waiting for years. So try to enjoy what we have right now.

I said it in the article u replied to, and you are right Pablo, we have a long ways to go. but after 5 years, I think we should be able to expect more...... Dont you?

%

I didn't get a good look at it, but I felt like the sideline foul we got was a little bit tacky. It was on a drive where the refs were practically willing Michigan to score, on a player with another 15-yard penalty already assessed. What did the sideline do that was so egregious?

On the other hand, I do feel maybe it was earned by the flipping out and cussing Bo did earlier at officials, which we did see on TV, for other penalties. I'm cool with coaches being fiery and going off on officials. Bo just has to do it in a way that doesn't piss these guys off enough to the extent that it starts affecting the calls and hurting us.

I disagree.

I said it in the article u replied to, and you are right Pablo, we have a long ways to go. but after 5 years, I think we should be able to expect more...... Dont you?

Absolutely.

Alabama is in a league by themselves right now. Kinda like the 60-3, five year run we had in the 90's. I'm sure other teams wanted to be like us, but in reality, its not going to happen. I guess what I'm saying is, soon enough, even Alabama, will just be another really really good team, and not this amazing spectacle that they currently are.

Serious question. What is an acceptable amount of penalty yardage a game? 50,100 somewhere in between? I would like to see what percentage of games over the last five years we have gone over that amount. Then we can gauge the teams progress in receiving penalties moving forward. Anyone up for some stat gathering?

Serious question. What is an acceptable amount of penalty yardage a game? 50,100 somewhere in between? I would like to see what percentage of games over the last five years we have gone over that amount. Then we can gauge the teams progress in receiving penalties moving forward. Anyone up for some stat gathering?

I would say somewhere between 25-50 yards a game on average.

I also nominate you for stat gathering. :lol: