You play like you practice.

What I'm trying to get at is the consistency of our turnover issues and lack of discipline which have continued for the last 5 years are no longer an isolated fluke incident due to a new coach. People on this board constantly use the phrase "Bo isn't the one out there playing" while this is true the issues are a direct reflection of what is expected out of them by their leader.

If this team was held to the highest standards in practice, we would not see these issues manifest themselves game after game and year after year. At some point Bo is going to have to re-evaluate the way he allows practices to be run and if the standards he is holding this team to are effective.

The mistakes we are making in week 6 and on are occurring due to a fundamental break down of attention and discipline. These will continue until Bo addresses his expectations and re-evaluates what is acceptable in the practice environment. I used to be the biggest Bo supporter and a self proclaimed sunshine pumper (dont believe me, check my post history up to this year) but this team is no further along now than where it was at the end of Bo's first year. It's not the players it's what these players are being coached to that is the problem.

Fumbles are in direct relation to practice. If you play finesse, you will fumble when you get tumbled.. If you have physical practices, you have less fumbles, because your body will always learns to adjust to it.

I'm not even talking about this as much as I am the penalties and overall lack of discipline this team shows. Do think these players are called on false starts or mis alignments in practice, if so what is the punishment, is there any? What are the expectations? Is it perfection? It should be. I garauntee Nick Saban runs his practices like the captain of a battle ship. If something isn't done to perfection then it will get run until it is. This needs to apply to even the smallest of details for the impression to be made to the players that no matter how unimportant you may think something is it matters.

To reply directly to your post billdozer, Bo says there is competition in practice everyday.

You'd have to think a rash of false starts by a particular player or butter fingers would move the next man up, right?

Sometimes you fumble, sometimes u make penalties. Ours just seem to be of the mental variety, which are the worst.

So if they aren't happening in practice to get the next guy up (we've hd the same starters on O most of the yr), but they are happening in games, it would stand to reason those spots are at least open to change.

Since none of us has probably seen a full week of practices, let alone numerous over the last few yrs, it would b tough to chalk it up to lack of physicality or "running laps" or what have you. But there is definitely a pattern of penalties and turnovers.

To reply directly to your post billdozer, Bo says there is competition in practice everyday.

You'd have to think a rash of false starts by a particular player or butter fingers would move the next man up, right?

Sometimes you fumble, sometimes u make penalties. Ours just seem to be of the mental variety, which are the worst.

So if they aren't happening in practice to get the next guy up (we've hd the same starters on O most of the yr), but they are happening in games, it would stand to reason those spots are at least open to change.

Since none of us has probably seen a full week of practices, let alone numerous over the last few yrs, it would b tough to chalk it up to lack of physicality or "running laps" or what have you. But there is definitely a pattern of penalties and turnovers.

Agreed. I am not worried about practices not being physical enough. I don't think any amount of pad smashing can fix false starts, mis-alignments, personal fouls, illegal substitutions. These are fixed by attention to detail and holding players accountable to these details. To get players attention Bo is going to have to address this. If it were me I would start with something insignificant or seemingly so and make it a huge focus just to grab the players attention, that hey Bo ain't f'n around anymore.

Not much of an article, but Spurrier pulled Connor Shaw and let back up QB start as Shaw was basically a non factor in the first half.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/21/spurrier-connor-shaw-is-in-all-likelihood-still-the-starting-qb/

IMO, nothing wrong with sitting a guy to get his head straight and think about the blown assignment, penalty, fumble etc..... Unsure why we don't. Lack of depth? Lack of talent? Belief in the back ups? Seems like it would work. Take a guy out, let him calm down etc....

I used to be a Bo Pelini supporter. I honestly did. But what is happening to Nebraska has made me draw a line, of who I like better, Bo or Nebraska.. And it was easy to choose Nebraska. Bo Pelini is not the man for the job at Nebraska. Nebraska is so unprepared, that in some games, it looks like we are overmatched. And why? It all boils down to lack of discipline, and unpreparedness, and that all comes from coaching, or lack of coaching. Last weekend, I heard Mike Wilborn, say it himself that Nebraska has a physical advantage over everyone, except for maybe the SEC.. and yet there we were, near the end of the game, praying for a Northwestern miss..

We have the talent to beat anyone out there. But we dont, because we are under achievers. And its all because we play weak... We are always unprepared, whether its penalities, or fumbles, or interceptions, or something else, ... And the worse thing is, we as fans have been conditioned to it, by the last nine years of mediocrity, first by Bill and Shawn, and still today by Tim and Bo.. We have to go back to Tom Osbornes way of football.

I think this team has a history of putting much too much pressure on themselves and play too tight in games. But you could feel the tension draining out of that stadium at the end of that game. This is a great opportunity for the team to move past those tendencies. We have that to be thankful for, I think.

• Fire 2

I used to be a Bo Pelini supporter. I honestly did. But what is happening to Nebraska has made me draw a line, of who I like better, Bo or Nebraska.. And it was easy to choose Nebraska. Bo Pelini is not the man for the job at Nebraska. Nebraska is so unprepared, that in some games, it looks like we are overmatched. And why? It all boils down to lack of discipline, and unpreparedness, and that all comes from coaching, or lack of coaching. Last weekend, I heard Mike Wilborn, say it himself that Nebraska has a physical advantage over everyone, except for maybe the SEC.. and yet there we were, near the end of the game, praying for a Northwestern miss..

We have the talent to beat anyone out there. But we dont, because we are under achievers. And its all because we play weak... We are always unprepared, whether its penalities, or fumbles, or interceptions, or something else, ... And the worse thing is, we as fans have been conditioned to it, by the last nine years of mediocrity, first by Bill and Shawn, and still today by Tim and Bo.. We have to go back to Tom Osbornes way of football.

Tom Osborne's way of football wont get it done today. The game is different. Even in 97 TO was starting to run alot of shotgun spreads. What is the way of football you describe? Even the Wisconsins dont line up play in, play out in I form 2 tights and pound away all day, and TO never did that either. Our offense is fine, and is the least of our issues. I will one thing, that the tempo could be slowed just a little. I think the way we play now the defense gets caught up in a track meet type feel and that it really hurt against Ohio St. Not so much against Wisconsin because they were trying to slow it down.