You play like you practice.

The issues are simple... 1. We are useing these huge lineman in the wrong offense.....Here is a 5 Alarm warning sign..... We couldnt even get a yard on 4th and 1 against Northwestern. NW's defender was in our back field even before Taylor could get to the edge.. Y? Its all because our lineman guys are not as fast as the defense, because they were not designed to move sideways like lineman, are in a true spread offense. The lineman we have. are built better for pushing, shoveing. And Beck is not calling any plays to help them.. Because he just assumes that the line will do there job. Being a lineman and blocking something faster than you is just plain ass tuff!! He has got to start helping them out, and begin takeing the defenses legs away, by using some misdirection.(Just because a lineman is out there, doesnt necessary mean he is always going to do his job, the defender is required to do his job too!!so? why not help his guys out) And? By misdirection I dont mean a reverse,(Reverses take to long to set up) I mean plays that appear to go to the left, but are designed to bust back right. Putting the defense into vectors for the offense to lay some weight on them.. It just amazes me that with all the talent that Nebraska has, in its line.. Nebraska never dominates anyone that has equal or slightly lesser talent.. and that all comes down to coaching..Alot of those guys are 3, and 4 stars..... Beck calls the majority of plays designed to score, or get huge chunks. He does not use his lineman to break the will because his goal is to score, kind of like a basketball player.and he wants to use a hurry up offense too!! (thats a joke!, because bigger guys always get tired first, and who has bigger guys than us??. When Beck does run, his running plays are mostly sweeps, either left or right..He never sets up the defense by changeing their thinking.. Its always to early to go mano vs mano, when Beck runs. Because they always still have their legs..(defense) However? I got to give our running backs credit. Burkhead, and Abdullah are dam good!! (tenacious, and very fiesty)

2. The other thing is Beck is useing Taylor Martinez way to much. He has to incorporate more plays that involve more guys. The problem wiil surface again, when we are behind, and Tim wil panic. and what does he do when he panics? He puts the game all on Taylor Martinez. Then Taylor Martinez runs to much for this team.Or throws to arrantly.. Taylor is just to little to carry the team. He is no Cam Newton, or Scott Frost.. He goes down like a lead weight, and he fumbles to much when he gets hit, because he get hurt.. If he would use Taylor primarily as a ball distributer, Then? when Taylor did run, he would be way more effective.

3.. And the final thing is? Bo Pelini needs to calm down!!. Because his defense, is thinking way to much out there!!... They need to react, and not think.. This thinking slows down the execution.. and thats all because they are afraid of messing up, and getting their butts chewed out,..... He needs to put more guys on the line of scrimmage, and rely on his dbs to protect from the pass. Big deal if they give up yards on a pass, It would be better to give it up there, than on the run.. Because once you are able to run the ball, you will not stop the offense... unless a fumble happens. Giveing up yards on the pass, requires a well thrown ball, and a good catch..or a interception, or a dropped pass.. There are more variables that can happen to good passing teams vs good running teams.. Running teams wear out the defense. Passing teams are still faceing a fresh defense..

One more thing.....about Tom's 5th year. Did you know that Tom prior to 1978, he never beat Oklahoma.. He went back and asked himself, why does Oklahoma always win? Do you know what he came up for an answer?? his answer was, because Oklahoma runs the football.. think about that for a second? Tom ran the ball, before, but not like did after 1978. Because he relied more on the pass,(Dave Humm, Vince Ferragamo) He kept Devany's offense, when he took the reigns. They threw the ball roughly around 25 to 30 times a game.(depending on how far they were ahead or behind) So? in 1978 Tom switched to the option offense, and made it physical.. He found out that when teams got their nose bloodied, they quit playing....and that was also the first year that he beat Oklahoma. he beat lots of teams, but he would always lay an egg, when it came to the New Years bowl....and thats because he was usually playing either Florida State, or Miami, or some other team that threw the ball..

He couldnt beat them either, and that was all because his defense, and everybody's defense in the Big 8, were designed each other in the Big 8, where the objective was to stop the run first. He had big linebackers that weighed 240lbs, Like big tanks... Big heavy defensive guys built to stop the run.. Back then? If Tom would of had a spread offense, he would have clobbered teams... So? the landscape had to change for Tom to win, because he never did change on offense.. But? he did change, when he recruited speed for his defense, He found out that speed could still stop the run.

Bo and Tim are not the right guys for Nebraska. Its been 5 years, and this is what we have...... Because they neglected Tom, and continue to play weak.. Neglect Tom at your own peril buddy boy!!

You seem to want to compare our team this year to the 1994 Huskers, or the other great teams we had in the 90's. But it doesn't really make sense to cherry pick your comparison like that. So let's compare apples to apples.

In Osborne's fifth year, 1977, we lost a fourth of our games, going 9-3. Two of those losses were to unranked teams, Washington St and Iowa State. We edged out one top five team (#4 Alabama, 31-24), and got creamed by another (#3 Oklahoma, 7-38). So Osborne's fifth year was a decent season--but nothing to compare to the Husker dominance of 1994, 95 or 97.

Don't get me wrong--I think Osborne was a GREAT coach. But Osborne's team his fifth year was closer to Bo's team this year (his fifth) than it was to the best team Osborne fielded during his 25 years as the Husker head coach. I want the Huskers to be a dominating team once again. But that just doesn't happen very often. It took Osborne over 20 years. It might not happen again for quite a while, regardless of who we have coaching. So be patient grasshopper.

The issues are simple... 1. We are useing these huge lineman in the wrong offense.....Here is a 5 Alarm warning sign..... We couldnt even get a yard on 4th and 1 against Northwestern. NW's defender was in our back field even before Taylor could get to the edge.. Y? Its all because our lineman guys are not as fast as the defense, because they were not designed to move sideways like lineman, are in a true spread offense. The lineman we have. are built better for pushing, shoveing. And Beck is not calling any plays to help them.. Because he just assumes that the line will do there job. Being a lineman and blocking something faster than you is just plain ass tuff!! He has got to start helping them out, and begin takeing the defenses legs away, by using some misdirection.(Just because a lineman is out there, doesnt necessary mean he is always going to do his job, the defender is required to do his job too!!so? why not help his guys out) And? By misdirection I dont mean a reverse,(Reverses take to long to set up) I mean plays that appear to go to the left, but are designed to bust back right. Putting the defense into vectors for the offense to lay some weight on them.. It just amazes me that with all the talent that Nebraska has, in its line.. Nebraska never dominates anyone that has equal or slightly lesser talent.. and that all comes down to coaching..Alot of those guys are 3, and 4 stars..... Beck calls the majority of plays designed to score, or get huge chunks. He does not use his lineman to break the will because his goal is to score, kind of like a basketball player.and he wants to use a hurry up offense too!! (thats a joke!, because bigger guys always get tired first, and who has bigger guys than us??. When Beck does run, his running plays are mostly sweeps, either left or right..He never sets up the defense by changeing their thinking.. Its always to early to go mano vs mano, when Beck runs. Because they always still have their legs..(defense) However? I got to give our running backs credit. Burkhead, and Abdullah are dam good!! (tenacious, and very fiesty)

2. The other thing is Beck is useing Taylor Martinez way to much. He has to incorporate more plays that involve more guys. The problem wiil surface again, when we are behind, and Tim wil panic. and what does he do when he panics? He puts the game all on Taylor Martinez. Then Taylor Martinez runs to much for this team.Or throws to arrantly.. Taylor is just to little to carry the team. He is no Cam Newton, or Scott Frost.. He goes down like a lead weight, and he fumbles to much when he gets hit, because he get hurt.. If he would use Taylor primarily as a ball distributer, Then? when Taylor did run, he would be way more effective.

3.. And the final thing is? Bo Pelini needs to calm down!!. Because his defense, is thinking way to much out there!!... They need to react, and not think.. This thinking slows down the execution.. and thats all because they are afraid of messing up, and getting their butts chewed out,..... He needs to put more guys on the line of scrimmage, and rely on his dbs to protect from the pass. Big deal if they give up yards on a pass, It would be better to give it up there, than on the run.. Because once you are able to run the ball, you will not stop the offense... unless a fumble happens. Giveing up yards on the pass, requires a well thrown ball, and a good catch..or a interception, or a dropped pass.. There are more variables that can happen to good passing teams vs good running teams.. Running teams wear out the defense. Passing teams are still faceing a fresh defense..

One more thing.....about Tom's 5th year. Did you know that Tom prior to 1978, he never beat Oklahoma.. He went back and asked himself, why does Oklahoma always win? Do you know what he came up for an answer?? his answer was, because Oklahoma runs the football.. think about that for a second? Tom ran the ball, before, but not like did after 1978. Because he relied more on the pass,(Dave Humm, Vince Ferragamo) He kept Devany's offense, when he took the reigns. They threw the ball roughly around 25 to 30 times a game.(depending on how far they were ahead or behind) So? in 1978 Tom switched to the option offense, and made it physical.. He found out that when teams got their nose bloodied, they quit playing....and that was also the first year that he beat Oklahoma. he beat lots of teams, but he would always lay an egg, when it came to the New Years bowl....and thats because he was usually playing either Florida State, or Miami, or some other team that threw the ball, that always had the elite athletes of all athletes ..

He couldnt beat them either, and that was all because his defense, and everybody's defense in the Big 8, were designed each other in the Big 8, where the objective was to stop the run first. He had big linebackers that weighed 240lbs, Like big tanks... Big heavy defensive guys built to stop the run.. Back then? If Tom would of had a spread offense, he would have clobbered teams... So? the landscape had to change for Tom to win, because he never did change on offense.. But? he did change, when he recruited speed for his defense, He found out that speed could still stop the run.

Bo and Tim are not the right guys for Nebraska. Its been 5 years, and this is what we have...... Because they neglected Tom, and continue to play weak.. Neglect Tom at your own peril buddy boy!!

You seem to want to compare our team this year to the 1994 Huskers, or the other great teams we had in the 90's. But it doesn't really make sense to cherry pick your comparison like that. So let's compare apples to apples.

In Osborne's fifth year, 1977, we lost a fourth of our games, going 9-3. Two of those losses were to unranked teams, Washington St and Iowa State. We edged out one top five team (#4 Alabama, 31-24), and got creamed by another (#3 Oklahoma, 7-38). So Osborne's fifth year was a decent season--but nothing to compare to the Husker dominance of 1994, 95 or 97.

Don't get me wrong--I think Osborne was a GREAT coach. But Osborne's team his fifth year was closer to Bo's team this year (his fifth) than it was to the best team Osborne fielded during his 25 years as the Husker head coach. I want the Huskers to be a dominating team once again. But that just doesn't happen very often. It took Osborne over 20 years. It might not happen again for quite a while, regardless of who we have coaching. So be patient grasshopper.

Hey? I want to remind you, Bo is not out of his 5th year yet. He could still easily lose 4 more games.. The Penn State game is no gimme, Michigan an iffy, We play Michigan State at Michigan State, and Iowa Hawkeyes are no slouch! So Bo is walking on very thin ICE.. He isnt going to win the majority of these games.. With his offense, and his defense struggleing like it is, he will be dang lucky to win 2 of them..

Hey? I want to remind you, Bo is not out of his 5th year yet. He could still easily lose 4 more games.. The Penn State game is no gimme, Michigan an iffy, We play Michigan State at Michigan State, and Iowa Hawkeyes are no slouch! So Bo is walking on very thin ICE.. He isnt going to win the majority of these games.. With his offense, and his defense struggleing like it is, he will be dang lucky to win 2 of them..

I think you're missing the point. I said that it doesn't make sense to cherry pick Tom Osborne's best season out of 25 seasons and compare it to Bo in his 5th season. This season--even assuming we drop a couple or three more games--will turn out to be more like Tom's 5th season at the helm. Rather than an invalid comparison with the '94 Huskers, which was one the greatest seasons ever put together in the history of college football. Comprende?

I think you're missing the point. I said that it doesn't make sense to cherry pick Tom Osborne's best season out of 25 seasons and compare it to Bo in his 5th season. This season--even assuming we drop a couple or three more games--will turn out to be more like Tom's 5th season at the helm. Rather than an invalid comparison with the '94 Huskers, which was one the greatest seasons ever put together in the history of college football. Comprende?

So I guess I am missing the point. Because of the 5 th season? Are you asking me if Bo loses more in season 5, than he did in season's 4,3,2,1.. than Tom did in his season 5? whats the point? or the question you are trying to ask, or compare? If Bo wins the rest of the games, would I consider him a good coach? Hell yeah I would consider him a good coach. , but at this time he doesnt seem to be the right guy for us. The players are provening this to us... We are loaded with talent, but they are under achieving.... and they are struggleing against weaker competition. As you said Osborne never lost more then 3 games in any one season. Thats probably because, he was alway willing to go back to the drawing board..78..

So I guess I am missing the point. Because of the 5 th season? Are you asking me if Bo loses more in season 5, than he did in season's 4,3,2,1.. than Tom did in his season 5? whats the point? or the question you are trying to ask, or compare? If Bo wins the rest of the games, would I consider him a good coach? Hell yeah I would consider him a good coach. , but at this time he doesnt seem to be the right guy for us. The players are provening this to us... We are loaded with talent, but they are under achieving.... and they are struggleing against weaker competition. As you said Osborne never lost more then 3 games in any one season. Thats probably because, he was alway willing to go back to the drawing board..78..

I got your point.. You are right about that, I was cherry picking. But at the same time. If you notice that Tom got better as time went on, after season 5.... It looks like Bo is getting worse as time goes on.towards season 5. Well? The best way to compare is to wait for season 6, than..It should be easier year for him, Illinoise, and Purdue replace Wisconsin, and Ohio State..And that will probably be his last year. sorry:(

The thing is? Bo doesnt have to win the national championship. Bo just has to win something, and he hasnt won nothing yet..:(

So you propose changing the offense so we run the ball more? Last time I looked, we are ranked #6 in the nation in rush offense. Of the five teams ahead of us, only one (Oregon) is a top 25 team. And so tell me, why do we want to run the ball more?

I wonder if I check out the Michigan boards, will I see some football idiot savant over there claiming that Dennard Robinson is too big a part of the vulvarine offense? Or would I find some derpy derp on the tOSU boards spouting off that they should reduce Braxton Miller's role in the offense? Were you saying this same thing 12 years ago when Eric Crouch was carrying the load for us? I believe Crouch was smaller than Martinez (going to your point about Taylor being to (sic) little to carry the team). Where do ideas like this come from? Is there some sort of random number generator for dumb football ideas?

In case you missed the NW game Saturday, the Blackshirts weren't the problem. Our biggest problems were turnovers giving NW a short field. And boneheaded penalties. It seems like those are about the only two things you didn't mention--even though they were really our most glaring faults in the NW game.

One more thing.....about Tom's 5th year. Did you know that Tom prior to 1978, he never beat Oklahoma.. He went back and asked himself, why does Oklahoma always win? Do you know what he came up for an answer?? his answer was, because Oklahoma runs the football.. think about that for a second? Tom ran the ball, before, but not like did after 1978. Because he relied more on the pass,(Dave Humm, Vince Ferragamo) He kept Devany's offense, when he took the reigns. They threw the ball roughly around 25 to 30 times a game.(depending on how far they were ahead or behind) So? in 1978 Tom switched to the option offense, and made it physical.. He found out that when teams got their nose bloodied, they quit playing....and that was also the first year that he beat Oklahoma. he beat lots of teams, but he would always lay an egg, when it came to the New Years bowl....and thats because he was usually playing either Florida State, or Miami, or some other team that threw the ball..

This overly simplistic derp sounds exactly like something you would overhear at a coffee shop in central Nebraska on a Sunday morning. From a bunch of senile farmers who didn't see the game, but nonetheless hold the title of selfproclaimed experts in all things football. Go back and look what you've written here. Do you really think college football is as simple as that? If so, then why are we wasting 2.5 million per year on a coach when we could find some homeless guy panhandling for food who would reach these same simplistic conclusions. When I read statements like this on a message board, it makes me wonder how a person who actually believes such simplistic drivel could possibly be capable of finding the on/off switch on their computer and connecting to the Internet. Are you for real? I mean really, do you actually believe the crap that you type in your posts? Or are all of your posts just intended to get under people's skin? Funny stuff, really. :lol:

So you propose changing the offense so we run the ball more? Last time I looked, we are ranked #6 in the nation in rush offense. Of the five teams ahead of us, only one (Oregon) is a top 25 team. And so tell me, why do we want to run the ball more?

I wonder if I check out the Michigan boards, will I see some football idiot savant over there claiming that Dennard Robinson is too big a part of the vulvarine offense? Or would I find some derpy derp on the tOSU boards spouting off that they should reduce Braxton Miller's role in the offense? Were you saying this same thing 12 years ago when Eric Crouch was carrying the load for us? I believe Crouch was smaller than Martinez (going to your point about Taylor being to (sic) little to carry the team). Where do ideas like this come from? Is there some sort of random number generator for dumb football ideas?

In case you missed the NW game Saturday, the Blackshirts weren't the problem. Our biggest problems were turnovers giving NW a short field. And boneheaded penalties. It seems like those are about the only two things you didn't mention--even though they were really our most glaring faults in the NW game.

This overly simplistic derp sounds exactly like something you would overhear at a coffee shop in central Nebraska on a Sunday morning. From a bunch of senile farmers who didn't see the game, but nonetheless hold the title of selfproclaimed experts in all things football. Go back and look what you've written here. Do you really think college football is as simple as that? If so, then why are we wasting 2.5 million per year on a coach when we could find some homeless guy panhandling for food who would reach these same simplistic conclusions. When I read statements like this on a message board, it makes me wonder how a person who actually believes such simplistic drivel could possibly be capable of finding the on/off switch on their computer and connecting to the Internet. Are you for real? I mean really, do you actually believe the crap that you type in your posts? Or are all of your posts just intended to get under people's skin? Funny stuff, really. :lol:

Nope I believe it. I believe it because I watched it. I seen Tom Osborne always take lesser talent and beat teams with more talent. Tom Osborne never had a number 1 recruiting class either by the way.. His classes were always rated somewhere between 14 and 17th.. I heard Trev Alberts say "not every great athlete can play at Nebraska, because not every great athlete wants to work" I heard Aaron Graham say, teams that prepare the hardest win games, I heard Grant Wistrom say "there are lots of ways to move the ball, the safest and most consistant way is to surround the football with big physical lineman, and run the ball. I heard Scott Frost say "we had to loosened them up first, by using play action passes, that made it so we can pound on them.. Tom Osborne played for the national championship, in 1981. Nebraska lost to Clemson. Nebraska played Penn State in 82 and lost to a error call by the official. Penn State won he national championship. in 83 Nebraska played Miami in Miami, and lost the national championship going for 2 points to win.. Not mentioning 93, 94, 95 and 97.. i am sure u get my point. You are right it is simple, but the tough part is to get people to actually work. Which Bo is proven he cant do..

Well mr loud mouth? when Bo Pelini actually plays for something then you can talk. But as of right now? It looks like Bo is stealing from the University of Nebraska.. Because he hasnt proven a dam thing other than he has a great temper, kind of like yours.. Maybe you ought to wake up and pay attention to what is happening to Nebraska..

1981 was Osborne's 9th year. Keep yappin.

Taylor Martinez cant avoid the rush, because he cant scramble to save his life. He is fast, but only in a straight line. Braxton and D Robinson can scramble much better than Taylor. There is a difference, between being fast, and scrambleing.. the other 2 can do both. Taylor can only do one.. plus he is to little to keep carrying the ball.

Well mr loud mouth? when Bo Pelini actually plays for something then you can talk. But as of right now? It looks like Bo is stealing from the University of Nebraska.. Because he hasnt proven a dam thing other than he has a great temper, kind of like yours.. Maybe you ought to wake up and pay attention to what is happening to Nebraska..

Stealing? :confucius and OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUSKER FOOTBALL IS ENDING AS WE KNOW IT!!!!!!!! WE MIGHT AS WELL SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE PROGRAM AND GO INTO MANY YEARS OF DEEP DEPRESSION. :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

This probably belongs in another thread about 6 pages deep but it sort pertains to how we have played so I won't bump an old deceased topic. UNC as in University of Northern Colorado beat Idaho State this past weekend 52-14. Not real relevant but I can personally attest that many of the better high school teams in the metro Denver area would beat UNC, in fact some of the best would probably roll them. UNC has only won two games and has been embarrassed most of the time. They plain are not good but they killed ISU. Just a little perspective for our largest margin of victory game this season. I actually felt pretty good about rolling ISU earlier because it seemed to harken back to some of the blowouts in the good ole days. Now it's just linda meh. Not complaining, just struck me as a perspectve point, even if comparing your poorest opponent is not an accurate way to gauge much of anything.