Colorado

I would feel sorry for the Buffs . . .

Except, I recall all my friends cars, defaced and vandalized, in the 90's, over a stupid "rivalry" that no Husker fan cared about.

I am enjoying their continuing non-existence in a fashion I never thought possible, during those years. It will only be better if their "relevance" continues at this level for the next 10-20 years.

Now that I've lived in Denver a few years, I've seen just how little attention they get turns to basically none at all if they aren't any good. They get about 30 seconds on the local news and that's it.

They like to take credit for bringing down the Big Red monster.... I like to think this is their punishment. Oblivion.

I agree with all the posts.....I have friends who are CU fans and for YEARS.....all they talked about was the Nebraska rivalry. We could have cared less. This was something McCartney conjured up and ran with it. They need to get rid of this program. They are horrible. And yes....I enjoy watching them get their butt whipped.

So, I am like most on this board, I am laughing like crazy at Colorado, but it really does make me wonder...what in the world is wrong with that program? They have had some good teams in the past, but have sank so low it is unbelievable. I saw the Huskers sink under Clownahan, and watched the Bruins out here in So Cal sink down under skippy, but none of them fell as far as Colorado. Really though, although I am not sad to see the Buffs getting stomped, I am wondering, how in the world did they drop this far, and where do they go from here? Man, they suck!

It's been a while since I looked at Colorado's stats. For a lark, I decided to check them out. Folks, don't click this unless you have a strong stomach. This is kinda gory. Children should not look at these national rankings.

Category - Nat. Rank (Conf. Rank)

Rushing Offense - 112 ( 11 )

Passing Efficiency - 115 ( 12 )

Total Offense - 116 ( 12 )

Scoring Offense - 119 ( 12 )

Average: 115.5 ( 11.8 )

Category - Nat. Rank (Conf. Rank)

Rushing Defense - 101 ( 12 )

Pass Efficiency Defense - 120 ( 12 )

Total Defense - 115 ( 11 )

Scoring Defense - 120 ( 12 )

Average: 114.0 ( 11.8 )

They are either dead last or second-to-last in every major statistical category in their conference. And in national rankings, they're dead last in 25% of the stats, and no better than 101st in anything. I kinda want to say something like, "My, how the mighty have fallen," but the Buffs haven't been mighty in a mighty long time.

Mind you, the season isn't over. This is through nine games, and hey - they've actually beaten somebody! They beat the randy Pirate himself, Mike Leach, in only his fourth game at the helm of Washington State. Washington State has a better record than the Buffs, however: 2-7 for the Leachsters vs. 1-8 for the Fightin' Buffs.

Jeff Sagarin says CU has played the #12 SOS in the nation - but remember that, due to Colorado's three-game non-conference schedule, the Pac-12 tends to have a bias in Sagarin's SOS rankings.