I smell ROSES!!!!

Ssssshhhh!!!! I smell let down possibilities! Talk to me after we take care of MSU!

And PSU and Iowa

Michigan St. and Penn St. Truthfully, i feel Penn St. is the hardest team we will face among our last 4 games. Michigan St. and Iowa are trap games. If we don't take care of ourselves on the road, they could be upset losses.

Remember when the Huskers beat Michigan St. last year? Huskers got ahead of themselves thinking about Penn St. and we lost to Northwestern. So, the guys gotta stay focused and we should win out the rest of the season.

We very well could be playing Oregon in the Rose Bowl. Alabama, Notre Dame, and Kansas St. have legitimate schedules to go to the NC, The only obstacle Alabama has is LSU and maybe Florida. Notre Dame has Pitt, BC, Wake Forest and USoCalif. Kansas St. has Okie St., Baylor, TCU and Texas. Not much competition. Anything is possible, but Oregon playing USC, Cal, Stanford and Oregon St. (who is no longer undefeated) they could be shut out of the NC race.

If Oregon does go to the NC championship game. We will more than likely play USC or UCLA. Arizona St. could slip in there too if they beat USC and Stanford.

From my understanding they might pick a BCS at-large team correct?

I think you are right, sir.

If a Bowl loses a host team to the title game, then the bowl gets first choice at a replacement team. - From CBS Sports

I would expect the Rose Bowl to invite another Pac-12 team, though. Perhaps Colorado? :lol:

1 - 7 season record? Doubt it.

From my understanding they might pick a BCS at-large team correct?

I think you are right, sir.

If a Bowl loses a host team to the title game, then the bowl gets first choice at a replacement team. - From CBS Sports

I would expect the Rose Bowl to invite another Pac-12 team, though. Perhaps Colorado? :lol:

1 - 7 season record? Doubt it.

Forgot this guy -> :sarcasm

Ssssshhhh!!!! I smell let down possibilities! Talk to me after we take care of MSU!

And PSU and Iowa

Michigan St. and Penn St. Truthfully, i feel Penn St. is the hardest team we will face among our last 4 games. Michigan St. and Iowa are trap games. If we don't take care of ourselves on the road, they could be upset losses.

Remember when the Huskers beat Michigan St. last year? Huskers got ahead of themselves thinking about Penn St. and we lost to Northwestern. So, the guys gotta stay focused and we should win out the rest of the season.

We very well could be playing Oregon in the Rose Bowl. Alabama, Notre Dame, and Kansas St. have legitimate schedules to go to the NC, The only obstacle Alabama has is LSU and maybe Florida. Notre Dame has Pitt, BC, Wake Forest and USoCalif. Kansas St. has Okie St., Baylor, TCU and Texas. Not much competition. Anything is possible, but Oregon playing USC, Cal, Stanford and Oregon St. (who is no longer undefeated) they could be shut out of the NC race.

If Oregon does go to the NC championship game. We will more than likely play USC or UCLA. Arizona St. could slip in there too if they beat USC and Stanford.

I'd take a match-up against UCLA again...............no way would they beat us again. If Oregon is undefeated and doesn't get a chance at the NC watch out if we make the Rose Bowl. They'll be pissed and looking at making a statement to the rest of the nation and I don't want to be the point of their argument.

I would think that if Oregon makes the title game (which I don't think they will) against Alabama the Rose Bowl would take Notre Dame over USC/UCLA. The Rose has first choice this year don't they, I would think the Golden Domers would be the most attractive team available.

But like most have said, while it's fun to speculate, this team is still very inconsistent. They are the pefect example of a team that does have to go one game at a time. We can (and should) win out, but every game left is also a loseable one (even as bad as Iowa is).

I would think that if Oregon makes the title game (which I don't think they will) against Alabama the Rose Bowl would take Notre Dame over USC/UCLA. The Rose has first choice this year don't they, I would think the Golden Domers would be the most attractive team available.

But like most have said, while it's fun to speculate, this team is still very inconsistent. They are the pefect example of a team that does have to go one game at a time. We can (and should) win out, but every game left is also a loseable one (even as bad as Iowa is).

Agreed.........

I didn't realize a post on a message board had an effect on the season. Better lock it up before we jinx the season.

Isn't it worth taking every precaution? I mean, the kids do read these boards or hear about them secondhand.

Plus, after all the unchecked hubris and predictions of a UCLA blowout prior to that debacle, we saw what happens when we get too high on a team.

This thread is pushing the roller coaster to the top of the hill. I didn't buy a ticket for this ride. One game at a time with expectations for improvement on each outing. Wins will follow.

If everything stays as it is now, no one loses, It will be Bama and Notre Dame in the MNC. They will leap frong after the SC game if they are not there today. Still think that is possible. Beating Oklahoma at home in a nite game, is going to carry a lot of weight.

I am afraid we would end up with Oregon, not much could we worse for this program.

I also think if Oregon ends up in the MNC game, we could end up with either KState, but most likely Notre Dame. KState is locked into the Fiesta.

But the Rose Bowl would have first choice and I think it would be Notre Dame. Not sure how I feel about that game right now. If we should win out, we might be able to play with Notre Dame, but have absolutely no chance against Oregon IMHO.

We are still being ridiculed about the last Rose Bowl we were in. Did not belong and were let off easy, should have been another 30 points on us. We draw Oregon, Chip Kelly will be so pissed he will never stop running up the score. It could end up being the worst defeat we have ever had.

Oregon is the #2 team and has the tools to make Bama squirm. Problem with Oregon, their starters have never played past the middle of the second quarter, Frost is afraid they will not be able to hang on for four. Another reason they are getting the Oline out early every game in his words.

We have to win out to worry about it, until then I will just watch Oregon in awe.

Of course we can't count our chickens before they hatch but this is a message board. The sound of 11-2 and a Rose Bowl berth sounds more like Nebraska football to me. Sure it wouldn't be the MNC but would still be a great year and a major spring board to next season where the schedule gets easier.

We are not an 11-2 team, even with our soft schedule....

Of course we can't count our chickens before they hatch but this is a message board. The sound of 11-2 and a Rose Bowl berth sounds more like Nebraska football to me. Sure it wouldn't be the MNC but would still be a great year and a major spring board to next season where the schedule gets easier.

Granted we have become quite good at laying eggs at important times, but we will be favored in every game from here on out. It's not a crazy statement.

Depends. 3 weeks ago I didn't think we would be bowl eligible yet. But they seemed to have fixed a few things. We will be favored by Vegas in all our remaining games, and if we get there, the B1G title game. MSU, Iowa and PSU all have statues at QB, Minn concerns me a little, as we have not had the unexplainable home loss yet this season that Bo seems to have every year.

And oddly enough Indiana is still alive in the Leaders. Wiscy lost their QB, and if the offense returns to what it was in the first 3 or 4 games, they could lose their last 3, and if Indiana goes 3-1 down the stretch Indiana would win the division.

I didn't realize a post on a message board had an effect on the season. Better lock it up before we jinx the season.

Isn't it worth taking every precaution? I mean, the kids do read these boards or hear about them secondhand.

Plus, after all the unchecked hubris and predictions of a UCLA blowout prior to that debacle, we saw what happens when we get too high on a team.

If we beat PSU and Meatchicken State, we've got this division sewn up. Michigan is going to drop at least one more game (tOSU), and likely the remainder of their schedule if they don't get a serviceable QB in play.

Problem in, Wisky is quite a bit better now than the Wisky we saw in Lincoln. And in college football, the odds aren't in our favor to beat them twice in the same season.

No they aren't. Stave is done for the season. I think we club them if we play again.