Ref's

mwj98

After rewatching DVR, the hit by PJ in the second was a legitimate call. It was a hard helmet to helmet blow, exemplary of what theyre tyring to eliminate. I'm against it. I got roasted for saying it, but this concussion obsession has gone to far, but it is what it is. This sport will be irrecognizeable in 10 years. The one in the 3rd is bs. Mitchell is a 175 pound guy and he lead with his shoulder like youre supposed to. Pass interference was phanton. Our defender never touched the guy. Not once. Michigan was called for a personal foul out of bounds, which was total bs. It's pretty bad when a team drives 57 yards for a field goal, and 45 of those yards are in THE 3 most bogus calls of the night.

Officiating has not been lopsided in the Big10. It's been pretty onry both ways for the most part. Nothing that suggest an agenda like we've seen in the Big12. Outside of one decent crew, this conferences officiating has become complete garbage to me.

After rewatching DVR, the hit by PJ in the second was a legitimate call. It was a hard helmet to helmet blow, exemplary of what theyre tyring to eliminate. I'm against it. I got roasted for saying it, but this concussion obsession has gone to far, but it is what it is. This sport will be irrecognizeable in 10 years. The one in the 3rd is bs. Mitchell is a 175 pound guy and he lead with his shoulder like youre supposed to. Pass interference was phanton. Our defender never touched the guy. Not once. Michigan was called for a personal foul out of bounds, which was total bs. It's pretty bad when a team drives 57 yards for a field goal, and 45 of those yards are in THE 3 most bogus calls of the night.

Officiating has not been lopsided in the Big10. It's been pretty onry both ways for the most part. Nothing that suggest an agenda like we've seen in the Big12. Outside of one decent crew, this conferences officiating has become complete garbage to me.

Actually he's 155 lbs. He couldn't hurt me and I'm pretty much a big pu&&y since I turned 30

I agree 100%. The Big 12 officiating was competent and just out to get us on a couple occasions. The Big 10 officiating is just plain bad. I can't tell you how many times they are out of position to properly spot the ball or make a judgement call on PI. They are just plain bad for everyone. But last night it definitely benefited Michigan more than us.

Somehow I missed the call on Mitchell. I agree with you on the hit by PJ, by rule it was a penalty. But sometimes the rule is bad itself. When the offensive player is going to the ground head first, it's difficult to not make the contact helmet to helmet. Defensive players still have to be allowed to hit. Before long we'll back to flags or two-hand touch. It's a rough, tough, physcial game and you cannot legislate all the injuries out of the game.

I also agree, Big 10 officiating is poor. Both ways.

There were some iffy calls last night, but we also dodged a bullet a couple of times. At one point after the play had been blown dead (I believe it was a special teams play though can't remember for sure), Alonzo Whaley picked up a Michigan defender and threw him to the ground. The refs didn't see it but it was a blatant, undisciplined play by Whaley.

I agreed there is no B!G agenda against us.

BUT, the portly African-American official has screwed us in a number of games. His take on interference seems to be confined to ANYTHING THAT OCCURS ANYWHERE IN HIS FIELD OF VISION WHERE HE CAN MAKE A SPECTACLE OF HIMSELF RUNNING UP TO THE REFEREE......

There were some iffy calls last night, but we also dodged a bullet a couple of times. At one point after the play had been blown dead (I believe it was a special teams play though can't remember for sure), Alonzo Whaley picked up a Michigan defender and threw him to the ground. The refs didn't see it but it was a blatant, undisciplined play by Whaley.

We did get a couple breaks. They let us get away with a pretty bad PI as well.

Did I dream this up or was there a flag on the play that Bell got hurt that somehow disappeared?

Did I dream this up or was there a flag on the play that Bell got hurt that somehow disappeared?

If we're thinking of the same play, two flags were thrown, which offset each other. Justin Jackson was called for holding and the Michigan defense was called for pass interference. They replayed third down and Martinez got sacked, forcing a punt.

Offensive holding was called on us that play. Offsetting penalties, replay down. With how bad it looked like Michigan was holding all night, I thought it was a ticky tack call that Jackson let the momentum of the D Lineman take him to the ground. He did not tackle him like the announcers said.