Michigan State opens as a 1 pt fav. currently up to 1.5.

Maxwell is the kind of quarterback that usually gets eaten alive by Pelini's defense. Bell is a good back, but was overrated after his Boise State performance. Their offense will struggle unless we give them easy scoring opportunities off of turnovers.

Their defense is legit, about on par with Wisconsin's and Michigan's. They'll slow us down, but shouldn't shut us down. These are the kinds of game where we'll really miss Burkhead (even if he can go, he probably won't be 100%). We probably won't run over them like last year without that guy.

My biggest concern is us. We tend to do poorly after big wins, and when the Blackshirts are first awarded. This is the first year Bo came out and publicly stated a goal like "we need to win out". So I'm hoping that will translate into a solid performance on Saturday. We don't have to be perfect to win this game, but penalties and turnovers should be cut to a minimum just on principle. I'd be much more confident if it was at home.

Nebraska 23

Michigan State 13

I'm thinking more of a hockey score:

Nebraska 3

Michigan State 2

:ahhhhhhhh

A little shocked that they are the early favorite since we're ranked and they're not. I'm sure it will flip flop before game time.

We still haven't played our best ball. We had 100+ yards in penalties (albeit questionable ones) and 2 turnovers against the Wolverines.

I think our defense will keep improving and will continue it's dominating ways over pro-style offenses. Maxwell is improved and will make plays, but the Blackshirts will be too much.

Offense still won't be polished. It will struggle at times, but I think we make enough plays to score all the points we need.

NU-28

MSU-13

A little shocked that they are the early favorite since we're ranked and they're not. I'm sure it will flip flop before game time.

We still haven't played our best ball. We had 100+ yards in penalties (albeit questionable ones) and 2 turnovers against the Wolverines.

I think our defense will keep improving and will continue it's dominating ways over pro-style offenses. Maxwell is improved and will make plays, but the Blackshirts will be too much.

Offense still won't be polished. It will struggle at times, but I think we make enough plays to score all the points we need.

NU-28

MSU-13

Didn't know if I'd hear this said this season.

On paper the matchup suits us. Strength versus strength (Our O vs. Their D) and I like our perceived weakness a LOT better than theirs right now (Our D vs. their O).

Tie breaker-- Special Teams, definitely goes to us.

If we could just go back to playing focuses and with that "us against the world" mentality on the road like we did that first year under Pelini (yes, oddly as it seems, it used to be a strength) and eliminate mistakes, we'd beat this team with an arm tied behind our back.

NU-28

MSU-13

Didn't know if I'd hear this said this season.

Trust me, it felt weird typing it. lol. :P

As I said in another thread, if either team breaks 20, I"ll be surprised.

This is going to be a dog fight. If only one touchdown was scored between both teams, I wouldn't be surprised. After what I saw this past weekend, I like our defenses chances against Sparty's offense. But what worries me is the play calling against a pretty good defense.

As dumb as this might sound, this game hinges on whether or not Beck calls a good game or not...

• Fire 2

My guess was that it would end up a pick-em so i wasn't far off

Not really surprising at all considering MSU has lost close to Iowa in a game that Iowa got insanely lucky, Notre Dame, Michigan (last second field goal on the road) and Ohio State by a single point. So only the Iowa loss is a bad one. They've also beaten Boise who isn't bad and Wisconsin at Camp Randall.

Their defense is stout...I'm telling you this game is as close to a trap game as you'll ever see.

• Fire 1

My biggest concern is us. We tend to do poorly after big wins, and when the Blackshirts are first awarded. This is the first year Bo came out and publicly stated a goal like "we need to win out".

This is one of the reasons I'm not going to start packing my bags for Indy just yet. It seems that after a big win, we come out flat or trip on our newly-inflated ego as a team.

But, as stated, this is the first time where Bo made a stated, public goal. Perhaps Bo is using the public to hold his team accountable (to a small degree)?

Their defense is legit, about on par with Wisconsin's and Michigan's. They'll slow us down, but shouldn't shut us down. These are the kinds of game where we'll really miss Burkhead (even if he can go, he probably won't be 100%). We probably won't run over them like last year without that guy.

This defense is way better than Wiscy and Ohio state. They have studs at every level. Ghoulston is three premier defensive player in the league IMO. They are able to contain the likes of Miller and Robinson because they have line backers that can spythose guys and are great in the open field. Allen mooching down to LB was a great move for MSU. But the biggest difference is this will be the best secondary Taylor will see. Phonzie's cousin is shops corner. Well be a huge test for this offense. Road game possible weather elements.

This one will come down to field position and plays in special teams.

They're certainly better than Ohio State, but about on par with Michigan and Wisconsin. They might be better than those two defenses even, but not significantly. Michigan and Michigan State are both top ten defenses, one is not significantly better than the other. You could make the argument personnel-wise, I suppose, but Michigan has the better coaching.

Wisconsin's best defensive player, Borland, is about on par with Michigan State's best defensive player, Bullough. Ghoulston is not what he was last season, not even close. He's certainly not Michigan State's best player on defense right now. He's been pretty ordinary this season to be honest.

The thing that might separate Michigan State from Wisconsin is Michigan State's cornerbacks, Adams and Dennard. The best secondary we'll face this season, that I do agree with.

My biggest concern is us. We tend to do poorly after big wins, and when the Blackshirts are first awarded. This is the first year Bo came out and publicly stated a goal like "we need to win out".

This is one of the reasons I'm not going to start packing my bags for Indy just yet. It seems that after a big win, we come out flat or trip on our newly-inflated ego as a team.

But, as stated, this is the first time where Bo made a stated, public goal. Perhaps Bo is using the public to hold his team accountable (to a small degree)?

I think maybe he just got caught up in the moment when he said it, but it does put his team in a position where they have to cash the check his mouth wrote. Whether it was intentional or not, I'm not sure.