Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

No, they are complete dogshit. That's the problem. They're not good stories, nor are they well made, acted, written, directed, or anything at all. They are f#*k awful.

The original trilogy wasn't much better as far as writing and dialogue.

:facepalm::rollin

"Laser brain"

"Laugh it up fuzzball"

"I've got a bad feeling about this"

"I have it. My father has it. My sister has it." "....Sister?? ... I know... somehow ......... I've always known."

“Into the garbage chute, flyboy!”

All brilliant stuff man.

• Fire 3

Compared to the utter retardation, especially when taken as a whole, of the prequels? Yes, it makes the originals look f'ing brilliant, even in the area of dialogue. Red Letter Media has the most appropriate reviews of the prequels - they say it far better than I ever could.

Edit - I mean, what you have just done and is claimed a pile of dogshit makes the deli sandwich seem awesome. And why yes, when you give it that amount of limited comparison, it very much does.

No, they are complete dogshit. That's the problem. They're not good stories, nor are they well made, acted, written, directed, or anything at all. They are f#*k awful.

Yep, pretty much. The special effects are what made it a thing, I thought.

Yep, pretty much. The special effects are what made it a thing, I thought.

Which is why it is so strange that Star Wars fans hate the prequels with such venom, considering the visual spectacle and most importantly, the lightsaber battles, are absolutely stunning and the original trilogy isn't even comparable in any way visually.

Actually, the visuals are rather poorly done. Everything is slick, shiny, and just rather unimpressive. It was a poor aesthetic choice and looks like sh#t. The lightsaber battles are far too flashy and over-choreographed, and really offer nothing of substance. They're just there to have a lightsaber battle, nothing more.

I will take the lightsaber battles and visuals in the original trilogy any day. And don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of CG when it's done right. The prequels are a poster child for how NOT to do CG, and how it can absolutely destroy your on screen chemistry and acting when coupled with sh**ty directing.

The prequels could have been the greatest movies ever made and the same people would still hate them for the same non reasons.

Its not like we werent prepared for prequels or anything. 30 years of waiting and buildup, hard to live up to the hype some people build up in their minds.

I'm probably one of the few not excited about JJ Abrams directing this. Not having Lucas's hands on this is going to be strange whether you liked the sequels or not. All of his movies definitely had his distinct finger print on them. I'm not even excited like I feel like I should be about these 'new' series of movies and I am a life long Star Wars fan.