Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

I just saw The Avengers over the weekend. The plot was cookie-cutter and the acting was meh. It was a special-effects extravaganza, and at this point, I'm beyond being wowed by special effects. Give me another Empire Strikes Back plot line over giant space battles and a host of realistic virtual characters any day.

• Fire 2

I just saw The Avengers over the weekend. The plot was cookie-cutter and the acting was meh. It was a special-effects extravaganza, and at this point, I'm beyond being wowed by special effects. Give me another Empire Strikes Back plot line over giant space battles and a host of realistic virtual characters any day.

This guy gets it.

The Avengers was nothing but glamor shots for the fans to have nerdgasms over.

Empire had an amazing story with tons of drama (as it should have being the 2nd Act of a 3 Act story)

I haven't watched it. I just love Joss Whedon (for other things). The reason I mentioned Avengers is because it was done by Disney, so that makes it a possibility that he'd do Star Wars. And don't judge him by Avengers unless you've already seen Firefly. Firefly is the only thing that's ever come close to being as good as Star Wars for me.

I've seen stuff about it. I didn't get in on the ground floor so I figured I'd just sit it out - so many projects like that tend to be pretty bad, anyway. That's why Star Wars was so loved - it treated the story seriously, not in a campy way, and ever since people have been desperate for a reprisal of that seriousness. There haven't been many that hit the same tenor, including (and maybe most especially) the second Star Wars trilogy.

I've seen stuff about it. I didn't get in on the ground floor so I figured I'd just sit it out - so many projects like that tend to be pretty bad, anyway.

Okay knapp. I don't usually rant about things like tv shows, so listen to me 'cause I'm being all-serious-like. YOU MUST WATCH FIREFLY. And don't worry about the "ground floor." There are a total of 16 episodes. It's not a big committment. It lasted one season. I didn't watch it until a year or two after it aired on TV. And no, that doesn't mean it's bad. It just means FOX is stupid. Just... just... watch it. (If you have netflix).

• Fire 1

I've seen stuff about it. I didn't get in on the ground floor so I figured I'd just sit it out - so many projects like that tend to be pretty bad, anyway.

Okay knapp. I don't usually rant about things like tv shows, so listen to me 'cause I'm being all-serious-like. YOU MUST WATCH FIREFLY. And don't worry about the "ground floor." There are a total of 16 episodes. It's not a big committment. It lasted one season. I didn't watch it until a year or two after it aired on TV. And no, that doesn't mean it's bad. It just means FOX is stupid. Just... just... watch it. (If you have netflix).

exhibit a: 'arrested development'

• Fire 2