Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

I just watched Firefly and Serenity this past summer. Absolutely crushed that there was only 1 season and a movie :(

Often wondered why Sci-Fi or is it SyFy didn't pick this up.

Yeah, Firefly was a pretty awesome series. The best one-and-out series I've ever seen on TV. And the move was nearly perfect for following the series. I'd highly recommend watching the single season of Firefly followed by the movie Serenity--for anyone who hasn't seen them, that is. :thumbs:

Done right these could be very good movies. The problem with episodes 1-3 in comparison to 4-6 is that I was 11 years old in 1977 when I first saw Star Wars. It was something that no one had ever seen before. It was fresh and I was a kid. Go 25 years into the future and we expect something completely spectacular. The problem is that we have seen it before and its just not new and fresh to us. Oh and George Lucas is a lousy director, great producer and thinker of stories, but not a great director.

http://www.cnn.com/2...tml?hpt=hp_rr_7

Harrison Ford is open to the idea of bringing Han Solo back to life on the silver screen in 2015, according to sources close to the just-announced "Star Wars" sequel, but don't be surprised if his contract includes a mandatory death scene for the sly old space smuggler.

Carrie Fisher says she's in for the new movies too. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=773583

CarrieFisher_150.jpg

:huh:

I just saw The Avengers over the weekend. The plot was cookie-cutter and the acting was meh. It was a special-effects extravaganza, and at this point, I'm beyond being wowed by special effects. Give me another Empire Strikes Back plot line over giant space battles and a host of realistic virtual characters any day.

+1 I will take stop go clay mation effects in a plot/charactor driven film then special-effects drivel ment to be shovel fed to the masses.

+1 for firefly. Anyone with netflix should check it out. It's only one season and a movie but it was a lot of fun.

Disappointed about the Thrawn trilogy as that was a great series. But there are plenty of different directions they can go and as far as I'm concerned more star wars is always a good

thing even if you have to suffer through a little jar jar and tacky love scenes. Besides...NOTHING will ever top Episode V.

Disney will F it up, no doubt. My only hope was someone else doing it and keeping George Lucas as far away from the film as possible.

My opinion is that they couldn't F it up worse than Lucas did to the second trilogy. The bar is quite low, for me. If it's horrible, I'll ignore it and it won't go into my personal canon.

They can't take away from me the joy of watching these movies as a child. I'll always have that, and I can always ignore whatever they do with the new ones.

Disney will F it up, no doubt. My only hope was someone else doing it and keeping George Lucas as far away from the film as possible.

My opinion is that they couldn't F it up worse than Lucas did to the second trilogy. The bar is quite low, for me. If it's horrible, I'll ignore it and it won't go into my personal canon.

They can't take away from me the joy of watching these movies as a child. I'll always have that, and I can always ignore whatever they do with the new ones.

Same, though the ewok's were the harbingers of the hack jobs to come it's still watchable. Watching Jar Jar step into sh#t 2 times in less then 5 minutes is not. Seriously, did anyone else laugh out loud when Darth did the "Noooooooooo" with the camera zooming out. This sort of a shot is the butt of so many jokes for a couple decades now, yet....he used it.

• 2 months later...