Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

To Anyone Defending the Prequels...

Please do me and everyone else a favor and answer this:

How does Yoda using a lightsaber NOT completely ruin his character and, in turn, the entire mythology of the saga?

During the ending of Episode II: Attack of the Clones, we see Yoda pull out a lightsaber during his duel with Count Whoever. He has to jump all around the room and do all sorts of acrobatic things just to keep up because he's so much smaller. He has a handicap based on his size when his character should be above that sort of thing. "Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size, do you?" Complete contradiction right there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what made Yoda so magical in Empire was that you didn't expect this tiny creature to be a Jedi master. We all had this image of who Yoda was or what he might look like based on what we assume a "great warrior" to look like. By making Yoda a little guy, they were illustrating that the Force was something beyond the physical.

This is only one of the many things I could criticize about the prequels. I believe it to be the most convincing proof that the prequels were not only bad movies on their own, but were damaging to the original trilogy as well.

That's what you're upset about? You know he's embracing the force when he's jumping right? Every Jedi could do those moves and Yoda is no exception. Why not use his size to his advantage there? He was also younger in the prequels and more nimble in that span of 30-40 years I'm assuming. So that's gotta be taken into account.

16772i0jpg.gif

I done goofed is all. Ebyl and Ulty both were posting similar stuff about their hatred one right after the other and I mixed up their posts when I looked at who posted what. So apologies for that. Ulty is the one I am quoting in that regard then.

Did you delete it? I don't see any of my silly rant quoted in your posts.

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

StarWars.com

I compiled the pictures since the article just had the group shot.

John Boyega

John-Boyega-1.jpg

Daisy Ridley (Jaina Solo?)

Daily-ridley-up.jpg

Adam Driver as what I can only assume is Jar Jar Binks

Adam-Driver-adam-driver-35174776-800-533.jpg

Oscar Isaac as the guy that stares at people and asks them, 'What the hell, man.'

Oscar-Isaac-in-Drive-010.jpg

Andy Serkis

tumblr_mif4cnWvkt1rfwgx5o1_500.gif

Domhnall Gleeson as Faramir

Domhnall.jpg

Max von Sydow as Obviously The Villain

Max_von_Sydow_Fargo.JPG

Mark Hamill as Bill Belichick

2405255030_23f799f542_b-640x426.jpg

Harrison Ford as Liam Neeson

2014_1$thumbimg117_Jan_2014_101444031-ll.jpg

Carrie Fisher