East Lansing going to be a sea of red?

Just as the topic says! From the sounds of it, we are going to have a pretty good Nebraska turnout there, probably looking at about 1/3 NU fans as MSU fans, if not more. I am trying to get a group of friends to go, so we can add some more fans lol. Tickets are going from $6- $15 a piece on stubhub. Talk about crazy!!!

GBR! :)

• Fire 1

I would love to go up but just can't finagle it. I drove up last weekend for the Michigan game, will be returning for the PSU game, and travelling to Iowa City. Really jealous of those who can make it work.

Honestly, I don't even know where East Lansing is on a map lol

I was just looking at tickets on Stubhub drop from 2500 to 1300 in a week. I figured they are going to Nebraska fans, since the last time we went there, in '95, it was a sea of red. Tourist spot or not, I know we travel very well. When tickets are going this cheap, we are even more likely to have a bigger turnout than initially expected.

EDIT: A few articles are also asking if its going to be a sea of red showing up by the Lansing Journal.

Edited by HuskerNationNick

I would love to go up but just can't finagle it. I drove up last weekend for the Michigan game, will be returning for the PSU game, and travelling to Iowa City. Really jealous of those who can make it work.

Honestly, I don't even know where East Lansing is on a map lol

I live in Des Moines, and I am trying like hell to make it to the Iowa game this year. I refuse to pay 150+/ticket, so I am just waiting for the game to get closer. Those fans are smart, and know its not a far travel, and NU fans will pay to come lol

(hardest to easiest )Stadiums to take over in the Big Ten(at least for OSU)

1. PSU

2. Wisky

3. Iowa

4. scUM

5. Sparty

6. llinois

7. Purdue

8. Minny

9. Northwestern

10.Indiana

Really the top 3 are the only ones that I have seen are difficult(Iowa I'm sure is due to proximity)

Pretty sure there won't be any problem having a Sea of Red at Madison or Bloomington when we visit.

1. PSU

2. Wisky

3. Iowa

4. scUM

5. Sparty

6. llinois

7. Purdue

8. Minny

9. Northwestern

10.Indiana

Really the top 3 are the only ones that I have seen are difficult(Iowa I'm sure is due to proximity)

This might just be an opinion, but I think you whiffed on number 1. :power:bigredn:

1. PSU

2. Wisky

3. Iowa

4. scUM

5. Sparty

6. llinois

7. Purdue

8. Minny

9. Northwestern

10.Indiana

Pretty sure there won't be any problem having a Sea of Red at Madison or Bloomington when we visit.

Well now the IU athletic Department will have some flexibility when taking the annual gameday photos.

Indiana-Memorial-Stadium.jpg

1. PSU

2. Wisky

3. Iowa

4. scUM

5. Sparty

6. llinois

7. Purdue

8. Minny

9. Northwestern

10.Indiana

This might just be an opinion, but I think you whiffed on number 1. :power:bigredn:

Buckeye fans have never tried to take Nebraska over. Obviously it won't be easy. PSU will be much easier in 2014 :B)

• Fire 1

Detroit does not = Chicago.

No way is there a Husker fan base like 2 weeks ago.

I agree Foppa that EL does not = Chicago in fan base or in things to see or do but still, East Lansing is simply a nice college town... only a couple of miles from Lansing, Mich. There are lots of sports bars, resturants (a nice Sushi resturant is 'Sansu' next to the campus), etc. We're also a bit of a drive from Detroit.

The MSU campus is quite spread out, and kinda gives you a Forest Preserve like experience with the Red Cedar River meandering thru the campus. Spartan Stadium underwent a $10M upgrade for the sound and Videoboard and to see/hear/feel in person is a dramatic improvement from last year.

View from usual visitors section (this weekend Spartan Stadium will prob. look like a christmas tree as sd'sker mentioned above! LOL...):

404189561.jpg

404189556.jpg

404189559.jpg

Student Section on right:

404189560.jpg

There prob. will be a 'sea of Red' in Spartan Stadium on Sat. and with the way the economy is going come and spend lots of 'green' !!! We need it...