The Halloween Massacre - 20 years on

Oct 31, 1992 - Nebraska 52, Colorado 7. Where were you? Great article in the Weird-Herald about this one.

This game might be somewhat forgotten, if only because of what happened soon after, but at the time, this was a really, really cathartic victory for me. I had grown up being disappointed by losing to Oklahoma every single year and just at the time the Switzer machine fell apart, then all of a sudden we couldn't beat the damn Buffs.

I remember watching this on ESPN through the drizzle and just kicking their asses up and down the field, running the last legal fumbleroosky (Will Shields!).

The other thing I remember is that this freshman kid named Tommie Frazier was SMOOTH. I really think the seeds of the 60-3 dynasty were planted this night.

As a 15 year old, it totally pumped me up, because we had tickets to the Kansas game the next week. My cousin got married on the Friday night and we drove from Wisconsin. That was the first live game I'd seen since I'd moved out of Nebraska several years before.

It still probably ranks in my top five satisfying wins, behind only the '95 Orange Bowl and the Texas Big 12 Championship revenge game ('99) and probably along side the '88 Oklahoma game.

Boy, you wanna talk about crowd noise. Even when the game was well in hand, it was a relentless onslaught of constant noise. The coming out party for not only Tommie Frazier but for our 4-3 defensive change. Trev Alberts and Travis Hill were absolutely everywhere. INT on the first play. Quick TD. This game was the kickstart for the great 90's run.

I was not at this game. I did get to go to the next weeks game against a top 15 Kansas, which was just as much an onslaught.

If anyone has this game (colorado) on vhs or dvd, I would love to work something out on getting a copy. Prefferably the espn broadcast. it's one of the very few missing from my collection.

Boy, you wanna talk about crowd noise. Even when the game was well in hand, it was a relentless onslaught of constant noise. The coming out party for not only Tommie Frazier but for our 4-3 defensive change. Trev Alberts and Travis Hill were absolutely everywhere. INT on the first play. Quick TD. This game was the kickstart for the great 90's run.

I was not at this game. I did get to go to the next weeks game against a top 15 Kansas, which was just as much an onslaught.

If anyone has this game (colorado) on vhs or dvd, I would love to work something out on getting a copy. Prefferably the espn broadcast. it's one of the very few missing from my collection.

http://www.huskernation.com/1992-Huskers-vs-Colorado-Buffaloes ;)

• Fire 1

Thanks GSG. I actually have that one. It's the Pavelka radiocast version. I'm looking for the live ESPN tv coverage.

Ah, I see. Well, I just feel silly now.

Not as silly as you smell.

Hey, I ALWAYS smell good. That's one of the few things I have going for myself :lol: