Fastest B1G Quarterback

GSG

Who's the fastest B1G QB?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Straight ahead I'd give the nod to TMart.

Denard is much more adept at KEEPING his speed while swerving/adjusting/ making people miss.

Who does that in a race??

Unless you count some ill-placed hurdles in a tornado.............no one. But that wasn't the question. It was who is the fastest and I responded with 2 scenarios......i.e. straight ahead vs swerving/etc. There can be different winners based on circumstances can there not?

Pre injury I would give it to Taylor hands down in the 100. Robinson thinks he can run with Bolt to the 40, so he maybe a tad quicker, far more elusive.

But Taylor has never fully recovered from his two injuries, and may never.

Today if I hat to put money on it, due to injuries I would go with Robinson.

But I sure would not trade TMart for Robinson in any circumstance.

One thing you know with Taylor, if his friggen feet are falling off, he is going to keep going. Love that kid!!!!

Robinson thinks he can run with Bolt!!! I would bet everything I own that Bolt beats Robinson at every point in a race and does so by a great deal.

A healthy TMart may be close to or even with Robinson in the 40... but not now or any time post injury. Robinson is a little faster and much more elusive. TMart is a better QB, is tougher, and is not delusional --- he has never claimed to be able to run faster than Usain Bolt.

As for Miller... he is probably faster than TMart too... but again, not by much. He is certainly more elusive... and , as good as TMart is, Miller is a better QB.

There are many qbs Iwould take over miller! Including martinez. Miller and robinson are both equally bad and Iwouldnt touch either one. Both very overrated.

In all this, TMart should be proud... he is close in speed to the other two (who, like TMart are insanely fast for a QB). And again... I'd take him over Robinson & about 90% of all other college QB's as a QB (and as a track star) ... but not over Miller.

Braxton Miller should be in the talk as well. You don't hear people talk about how fast he is, but with his size and stride the dude is flat out fast, maybe faster than both TM and Lace.

Braxton is fast, but he's more elusive than fast. T-Mart is faster than Braxton.

I gave Denard the 40, but T-Mart the 100

I really do not think currently Taylor could beat either of them. He is still hobbled and it shows as he slows down quite a bit at the end of runs, sometimes getting caught or very close to being caught.

There are several pro players right now with high ankle sprains and they do not step foot on the field. Taylor on pain is a man among boys. I know the pain the kid has with it and add turf toe to it, simply amazing he is even considered in this race.

I would take him over either of the others, never quits, stays calm, fan ridicule runs off his back like water off a duck. A true leader by action.

Freshman year, he beats both and I think easily. Kid was scarey quick then. Fast now, but nothing compared to his freshman year.

I think I am going to see him over the Holiday break, if they get one. His dad said that he will come home for a couple of days if possible. Maybe Lauren will be with him. I can only dream!!!!

Its been a long time since I've seen a football player accelerate like TM, but he doesn't seem to be able to maintain his top end speed as long anymore (don't know, maybe it is the ankle), but I don't think Robinson or Miller have a chance to stay with him in a 40. The 40 is all about the start and who gets to their top speed the quickest, and neither one of them hold a candle to TM in that department.

• Fire 1

We could count the number of video frames each player needs to cover 10 or 20 yards on long runs. Or count the number of frames for 50 yard runs. I believe it is a standard, something like 30 frames/second. DR might have some long runs where he got free and doesn't have to juke. He's kind of slow so probably nothing like TM's runs where he just blows by people.

Martinez probably has the fastest first 3 steps in all of College football. Also when he sees a hole he's one of the fastest through it. Now if he could get over the ankle injury and be 100%, we'll be set for the rest of the year and beyond.

Do you really believe this? He rolls once he get's going, but his first three steps are ChoiLike.

Probably should qualify it as one of the fastest first 3 steps, Thomas up at Oregon is pretty damn fast. He gets up to his top speed really fast, but seems like he slows a little after 40 yards or so. It's when he's picking his way threw traffic that he's not as fast, but when he finds the hole, he's through as fast as anyone.

Martinez probably has the fastest first 3 steps in all of College football. Also when he sees a hole he's one of the fastest through it. Now if he could get over the ankle injury and be 100%, we'll be set for the rest of the year and beyond.

Do you really believe this? He rolls once he get's going, but his first three steps are ChoiLike.

Probably should qualify it as one of the fastest first 3 steps, Thomas up at Oregon is pretty damn fast. He gets up to his top speed really fast, but seems like he slows a little after 40 yards or so. It's when he's picking his way threw traffic that he's not as fast, but when he finds the hole, he's through as fast as anyone.

OK

What?... No. TO even mentioned a couple years ago how he gets to top speed probably as fast as anyone he has seen.

Sport Science even did a feature on how fast he accelerates.