Matt McGloin doesn't know Husker Fans very well

knapplc

Well, my brother was tOSU last year and he said it was pretty damn loud.

Exactly. I don't care what point anyone is trying to make. I was at that game. It got quiet when the teams left the field - 30 minutes after the game was over. During the game, it was loud, whether we were up, down, or killing Bauserman.

This notion that it was "quiet" during that game is balderdash. But thanks for the contribution to the boards. ;)

@CoryGiger

#PSU QB McGloin said it's fun going on road and winning big. Goal Saturday is to "try to eliminate that crowd as quickly as possible."

Son... that's not something you want to tell Husker fans. We don't get quiet at our house. We get louder as the game goes on.

I hope they're up by 14 late in the second half now so we can really, really get loud. It'll make the comeback that much sweeter.

Yeah, IF we come back. It gets pretty darn quiet when they come out flat and fall behind.

Ah, the true fan's voice. Thanks for the contribution.

And to your latest point, I was at the Ohio State game last year. The second and third quarters weren't quiet. Revisionist history is nice and all, but I still have that game on DVR - and the 2nd and 3rd quarters featured some pretty loud crowd noise.

Check the tapes, as a matter of fact. Quiet? We're down 17-6 at the 57:00 mark. Please to listen to the crowd ramp up.

At 1:15, we're down 20-6. Please to listen to the crowd as we come back to regular play.

And notice, as we're down 21 points at 1:24, all the empty seats. All the fans that gave up. All the fans that are so, so quiet as we're down three TDs.

https://www.youtube....h?v=X1boFUYaAZQ

Yes, because fans leaving is exactly what "we are quiet when losing" means.

The crowd is always loud on TV because they place the mics throughout the stadium so that it is that way. As long as there are 9 people out of the 86,000 yelling, ESPN will find them and make sure they show up as background noise. At its worst, before Lavonte's strip, it was not even close to being loud in that stadium. That doesn't mean that 0 people were yelling, but it was not loud.

Memorial can get pretty damn quiet. All 12 of the San Jose State fans who showed up managed to get chants going in the 4th quarter in 2008 when we were still winning that could be easily heard. You don't need to be butthurt that your fans aren't the rowdiest in the world. Nicest sure, but they are not overly loud.

You are right. It gets really quiet a lot during the game. It's called offense. When we are on offense we get quiet, hence being able to hear the other fans.

If you were not at that game how can you say it was quiet.

I was at that game also knapplc, it was loud as hell.

Memorial isnt that loud, sorry.

When's the last time you were at a game? Which game?

I've been to every home game for the past 4 years. Oklahoma 09 was the last time I heard that place actually live up to it's potential, and compete with the top stadiums around the nation, as far as sound level.

Sorry If that really offends you that much. I still scream my ass off at every game, but that doesn't mean I am naive to the level of sound.

How many times do you seem opposing teams commit false starts? Have to take timeouts? If the QB can take a step and communicate to his line, it is not where it should be. If he has to physically scrape down the entire line and communicate to each player, that is noise.

I dont understand why this makes you so butthurt.

• Fire 1

This post is stupid, sorry.

(I didn't attack the poster, only the post, see mods? I'm a good boy!)

Everything posted with a signature with ponies and the letters landlord at the bottom is stupid, sorry.

(I didn't attack the poster, only the posts, see mods? I'm a good boy!)

Pinkie_Pie_is_shocked_and_disgusted-(n1300771615287).jpg

I've been to every home game for the past 4 years. Oklahoma 09 was the last time I heard that place actually live up to it's potential, and compete with the top stadiums around the nation, as far as sound level.

Sorry If that really offends you that much. I still scream my ass off at every game, but that doesn't mean I am naive to the level of sound.

How many times do you seem opposing teams commit false starts? Have to take timeouts? If the QB can take a step and communicate to his line, it is not where it should be. If he has to physically scrape down the entire line and communicate to each player, that is noise.

You may not have attacked the poster with your reply to Landlord, but this... this is a problem. We're talking about crowd noise at Memorial, not my butt (although I'm flattered you're thinking of it ;) ). Let's keep the rancor down to a dull roar, shall we? Or was this an attempt to break the interwebz cliche record in one post, ie, "butthurt," "naive" and "sorry if that offends you." You were one "don't taze me bro" from the record, I think.

• Fire 2

You may not have attacked the poster with your reply to Landlord, but this... this is a problem. We're talking about crowd noise at Memorial, not my butt (although I'm flattered you're thinking of it ;) ). Let's keep the rancor down to a dull roar, shall we? Or was this an attempt to break the interwebz cliche record in one post, ie, "butthurt," "naive" and "sorry if that offends you." You were one "don't taze me bro" from the record, I think.

Meh, I should have went for it. I just don't understand why people get so offended hearing that about memorial. Don't get me wrong, it has its moments, but only for short periods. It just usually isn't an overly excited crowd. There are a number of factors that go into that, and a lot of things I don't really understand. I love that place just as much as the next guy, but the potential compared to the actual output in regards to noise level is quite the disparity.

Nebraska fans, for whatever reason, seem to have to wait til they are in either comeback mode, or we can't let them score or we'll lose mode, to get crazy. We do have a large percentage of older fans, so maybe that is the issue. Maybe it is because the seating layout isn't ideal, I'm not sure.

And honestly, I think the biggest issue is that, outside of parts of the endzone and the student section, you are actually shunned for standing up. That mentality will never produce a crowd that is doing everything it can. Who wants to watch a game in a straitjacket? Because that is how it feels sitting in some sections in that stadium. Which is a damn shame, and the mentality should be completely opposite.

That being said, I hope the crowd realizes what's at stake on Saturday, and acts accordingly. I'll be there yelling til the final whistle, and I hope we can make Mr. Mcgloin hate his life for 4 quarters.

@CoryGiger

#PSU QB McGloin said it's fun going on road and winning big. Goal Saturday is to "try to eliminate that crowd as quickly as possible."

Son... that's not something you want to tell Husker fans. We don't get quiet at our house. We get louder as the game goes on.

I hope they're up by 14 late in the second half now so we can really, really get loud. It'll make the comeback that much sweeter.

image.png

• Fire 1

Meh, I should have went for it. I just don't understand why people get so offended hearing that about memorial. Don't get me wrong, it has its moments, but only for short periods. It just usually isn't an overly excited crowd. There are a number of factors that go into that, and a lot of things I don't really understand. I love that place just as much as the next guy, but the potential compared to the actual output in regards to noise level is quite the disparity.

Nebraska fans, for whatever reason, seem to have to wait til they are in either comeback mode, or we can't let them score or we'll lose mode, to get crazy. We do have a large percentage of older fans, so maybe that is the issue. Maybe it is because the seating layout isn't ideal, I'm not sure.

And honestly, I think the biggest issue is that, outside of parts of the endzone and the student section, you are actually shunned for standing up. That mentality will never produce a crowd that is doing everything it can. Who wants to watch a game in a straitjacket? Because that is how it feels sitting in some sections in that stadium. Which is a damn shame, and the mentality should be completely opposite.

That being said, I hope the crowd realizes what's at stake on Saturday, and acts accordingly. I'll be there yelling til the final whistle, and I hope we can make Mr. Mcgloin hate his life for 4 quarters.

The whole "sit down" thing is perplexing to me. I'd never experienced it until last year at the Fresno game, and I just stood there looking at the guy all stupid, like, derrrrr.... what? I think all I managed to get out before the next play started was, "Why?" Sitting down makes no sense to me. But then I go to the games intending to make noise to help the team.

Let's me and you make up for the sitdowners this week. I'll yell extra loud.