A fan gives his review of Bo. Bo takes it well.

knapplc

I liked Bo's response, too.

Bo's reputation as a hothead was well-earned in his first couple of years, and the cameras love to pan over to him even if something went slightly against Nebraska, in hopes that he has another meltdown like at TAMU 2010. That's just good TV. And the perpetual look on his face makes it appear to many as if he might blow up again at any time.

However, he has improved considerably in the last couple of years and probably isn't any worse than lots of other coaches, except for his facial expressions - but that's just who he is, he ain't no babyfaced model.

The only times Bo's demeanor have really caused problems is when it has led to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, and when he is surly at a press conference (that doesn't really hurt the team, it just feeds into how he is perceived). His reputation, due in large part to one single game where the refs clearly raped us in the ass, will probably follow him around forever. The caller was right to be worried about the penalties, but otherwise was just trolling, and Bo appropriately put the douche in his place without turning into a ball of rage that the caller was probably hoping for.

Isn't Bo's response here a refutation of this guy's point? Bo has gone ballistic in the past, sure. But over the last couple of years, anyone thinking Bo is worse than any other coach out there simply doesn't watch much college football. Nick Saban, Will Muschamp, Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly... the list is long.

r80I9.jpg

Bo's antics have been around since he got here. Far more than just the A&M game. He has made progress, but he is under strict orders to do so. He has improved the last year or so, but I still fear the Woody Hayes deal popping up. Not as much as I did, but he is very passionate. Maybe too much to be a good head coach. Only time will tell on that.

Many people feel as the caller did. Die hard Nebraska fans, some not so much fans, and fans of other programs feel he is out of control.

I like his fire, but still feel he has aways to go to be the best he can be. I did believe he was the reason for the out of control play, the players leaving, the lack of effort at times, lack of interest, but after the last three games, it seems to me, that the kids will play hard for him.

A work in progress, but a journey that could end very quickly with another one of his epic blow ups.

Calmness grasshopper.

• Fire 2

There used to be an old saying, "When Tom Osborne came into your living room on a recruiting trip, it was hard to say no to playing football at Nebraska." Now, I am sorry to say, from watching Bo's sideline antics, it would be hard for most recruits and parents to invite Bo into their living rooms. Maybe they could just meet him out in the driveway.

Just being a little facetious here, but what one sees on the tube on Saturdays sticks in one's mind.

There used to be an old saying, "When Tom Osborne came into your living room on a recruiting trip, it was hard to say no to playing football at Nebraska." Now, I am sorry to say, from watching Bo's sideline antics, it would be hard for most recruits and parents to invite Bo into their living rooms. Maybe they could just meet him out in the driveway.

Just being a little facetious here, but what one sees on the tube on Saturdays sticks in one's mind.

and yet, we still get commits.