A fan gives his review of Bo. Bo takes it well.

knapplc

After the Michigan game and heading home, my dad and I listen to the post game shows as usual (Bo's post-game show, Locker room show, and Big Red Reaction) and some caller called in from West Point on the Big Red Reaction and started bitching. This caller was bitching about Bo's recruiting, sideline behavior, bringing up the 90's, how Tom Osborne coaching days and some other things I can't remember. Seriously we just won the game and this dude goes full retard and acts like we got blown out by Michigan.

Finally Steve Taylor and the other host got sick of this caller and hung up on him after giving him 5+ minutes of air time. Wish I could remember the guys name.

Are you sure you weren't just reading Husker Board? :lol: lol but in all seriousness does anybody wonder if this guy would actually say this face to face with Bo rather than just on the phone?

Clearly the guy who called in has't read the book what it means too be a husker.

In that book the things Bod Devaney said and did would make Bo blush.

What Bo does with his team on his sideline is his business, he gets angry but hasn't gotten out out of line yet. and i don't think that he will.

After the Michigan game and heading home, my dad and I listen to the post game shows as usual (Bo's post-game show, Locker room show, and Big Red Reaction) and some caller called in from West Point on the Big Red Reaction and started bitching. This caller was bitching about Bo's recruiting, sideline behavior, bringing up the 90's, how Tom Osborne coaching days and some other things I can't remember. Seriously we just won the game and this dude goes full retard and acts like we got blown out by Michigan.

Finally Steve Taylor and the other host got sick of this caller and hung up on him after giving him 5+ minutes of air time. Wish I could remember the guys name.

Are you sure you weren't just reading Husker Board? :lol: lol but in all seriousness does anybody wonder if this guy would actually say this face to face with Bo rather than just on the phone?

I heard that. The guy's name was Tom. He went on a rant about how him and the group he sits with every home game since the 70's are upset and how theyre considering giving up their tickets because they pay so much money and they deserve more for their investment bla bla bla. Culhain got really aggrevated and said "we're not listening to this anymore" and cut him off.

I find it highly ironic when someone uses Nick Saban as a point of reference in defending Bo. Using the "at least Bo's not Nick Saban" really doesn't make Bo look any better.

Look, this question was in somewhat poor taste. But honestly, there are a lot of NU fans that have found Bo's behavior boorish.

I think Bo has worked on his demeanor.

The point of inquiry that the team is a reflection of the coach is valid. Bo's teams have remained undisciplined and up and down. If and when Bo is able to solve some of those little things will determine whether he can win championships or not.

Bo's answer should have been....

Thanks for calling in and asking this question. Here's what we can say. First off, all Husker fans should know that our first goal, players and coaches, is to act in a way that positively represents the state of Nebraska. In answer to your question, football is an emotional game and a physical game, which is a combustive cocktail. Out bursts happen sometimes between players and other players, between coaches and other coaches and between players and coaches and that's to say nothing about officials. I am a very passionate guy. I know how hard my players work because I see them doing that every day. I know what sacrifices that they make because I see them at the training room, at the training table, in the weight room and in the classroom. It's not easy to be a football player. They give a lot and we appreciate what they bring to the table in terms of work and sacrifice, while keeping in mind that they are students first. I think that players need to know two things, that they are going to held to account when they make mistakes on the football field. That those criticisms regardless of volume are not personal attacks, but prompts to grow and get better as a player and as a man. Also, players need to know that coaches have their back. We are not going to let what we feel to be bad calls by officials erase the effort and sacrifice of our players. Now, no one would say all our actions are right. Matter of fact we know that we all make mistakes.

I don't really think sideline demeanor affects the calls of officials. Those guys are professionals and understand that we as coaches will have disagreements with them. I think they move on to the next thing pretty quick.

Lastly, I would tell you that, while I could never tell you where to send your son to get an education, I would argue there is no better place than the University of Nebraska. And I can promise you what I would promise the parents of any recruit. We will instruct, support and mentor your son so that regardless of his football future, he will have a solid foundation to begin building a successful life going forward.

I appreciate your concerns and I know that you want to win. I am glad you called.

I find it highly ironic when someone uses Nick Saban as a point of reference in defending Bo. Using the "at least Bo's not Nick Saban" really doesn't make Bo look any better.

Look, this question was in somewhat poor taste. But honestly, there are a lot of NU fans that have found Bo's behavior boorish.

I think Bo has worked on his demeanor.

The point of inquiry that the team is a reflection of the coach is valid. Bo's teams have remained undisciplined and up and down. If and when Bo is able to solve some of those little things will determine whether he can win championships or not.

Huge (HUGE) difference between asking the question regarding his sideline behavior, and carrying it a step, or several steps, too far. If the guy could have held off and ONLY asked about the sideline demeanor, that would be one thing. But to criticize Bo by calling him out for it, saying that isn't the Nebraska way of doing things, and saying he wouldn't send his kid to play for them is over the top obnoxious, and no longer represents a valid inquiry into the topic. It's trolling, baiting, whatever you want to call it, and Bo responded to it appropriately.

FWIW, what Bo does in terms of discipline with his players and how he wants to handle it is fine with me. As he said, and it's pretty obvious when they talk about him and in the way they play for him, they would indeed go through a brick wall for Bo, as he would for them. His demeanor has indeed gotten better over time. The fact that he's still roundly criticized for it, to my way of thinking, is more a facet of the media wanting to continue to make a big story out of something that isn't nearly as big and bad as they want it to be. At this point, I, and I think many others, tune this type of criticism out, because it has gone over the top.

• Fire 1

This is as good as place as any to put this. Listening to Sports nightly last night. Obviously the topic is the issue of Bo and the troll. Old guy calls in. Claims his wife has been in the medical field for 30+ years, dealing particularly with folks that have anger management issues. Proceeds to say that she can't even watch the games because of Bo's sideline behavior. Says that he is so out of touch and out of control of himself that he walks the line of anger to that of domestic abusers. You could imagine that set Culhain off. Calls the guy out for accusing Bo of domestic violence. I didnt quite take it that bad, but what pissed me of was, I dont care how smart your wife is, she is in no position whatsoever to judge anyone's character based on their actions during a 3 hour football game. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.

This is as good as place as any to put this. Listening to Sports nightly last night. Obviously the topic is the issue of Bo and the troll. Old guy calls in. Claims his wife has been in the medical field for 30+ years, dealing particularly with folks that have anger management issues. Proceeds to say that she can't even watch the games because of Bo's sideline behavior. Says that he is so out of touch and out of control of himself that he walks the line of anger to that of domestic abusers. You could imagine that set Culhain off. Calls the guy out for accusing Bo of domestic violence. I didnt quite take it that bad, but what pissed me of was, I dont care how smart your wife is, she is in no position whatsoever to judge anyone's character based on their actions during a 3 hour football game. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.

That sounds like skersfan