Perfect Game

Where you're frustrated, I'm oddly encouraged. We've had three defibrillator-at-the-ready come from behind wins, and none of those games featured our best play. NW was an absolute turnover fest that we tried to give away, but still managed to pull out the win. Our defense played one awful half against Wisconsin and one superb half. MSU featured a lot of penalties, and turnovers as well.

Despite not playing near our peak potential, we won some tough games that a lot of teams wouldn't have been able to pull out. I think we're due.

I have a suspicion Penn State is going to find themselves playing an NU team that finally puts together a relatively mistake free game. I don't know why, but I think we're jump on these guys early, and never give them a chance to get back into this thing. I like that they play a lot of big sets, I think our defense has turned a few corners in terms of run defense (yeah, Bell got his last week, I know) and we are so due for a positive turnover margin game.

Just have a really good feeling about Saturday.

I have noticed this on this board for a while now. It seems like whenever Nebraska loses, there are people on here that claim "we beat ourselves", "if we played a perfect game we would have won", "if we play them again we would win by 3 touchdowns", "the refs have it out for us", etc....Really this is nothing that I haven't heard from other fan bases.

Sure, if you play nothing but perfect games all season long you stand a great chance of winning all your games. However, perfect games just don't happen. Also, sometime you play like crap because the other team is better.

Name one team that has done all of these things... Geno's Smith's one person who had a 90% completion rating, against a horrid team, but they had "tackling whiffs".

To ask this of any team, is reasonable, but to expect a "Perfect" game is crazy. We have a winning season, and people still cry.

"Its not good enough" :cry :cry :cry

OU, Bama, Oregon among others....several times for the past 3 years. Especially turnovers ratio and whiffs

Name one team that has done all of these things... Geno's Smith's one person who had a 90% completion rating, against a horrid team, but they had "tackling whiffs".

To ask this of any team, is reasonable, but to expect a "Perfect" game is crazy. We have a winning season, and people still cry.

OU, Bama, Oregon among others....several times for the past 3 years. Especially turnovers ratio and whiffs

KSUcks is playing pretty error free ball this year. Granny Snyder has them clicking on all cylinders--getting the absolute most out of the talent they have. Even so, the Kitties haven't played a "perfect" game this year. Or ever.

Good job showing examples. And you said they had to do all of those things, so there is no "especially." They either don't turn it over or they do.

You name off schools but no examples. Games? You said all those, and I have yet to see Bama to hit all of these, Oregon and Bama has at least a dropped pass each game that I have watched this year. OU has had many dropped balls this year. I want to see a game, where the team has 0 turnovers, 70+ percentage completed, no "tackling whiffs" and only two minor penalties all game. You act like we drop a lot of passes lol

You name off schools but no examples. Games? You said all those, and I have yet to see Bama to hit all of these, Oregon and Bama has at least a dropped pass each game that I have watched this year. OU has had many dropped balls this year. I want to see a game, where the team has 0 turnovers, 70+ percentage completed, no "tackling whiffs" and only two minor penalties all game. You act like we drop a lot of passes lol

I think misunderstanding. One perfect game. Again I'm still waiting for the first Bo's perfect game. I watched OU games and over the years, Sooners occassionally was classified "perfect" games.